It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New hostages....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The Arabic-language channel Al-Jazeera on Tuesday broadcast a video issued by an unknown group showing what it claimed were four hostages.

The group, which called itself "the Swords of Justice," said the four were spies and claimed they worked under the cover of "the Christian Peace group," according to Al-Jazeera.

www.cnn.com...

I think it's very tragic, that Bush is losing support to the war effort, and now.. we are resorting to this? Is Bush that whacked out or the Military to setup and stage this, to create more furor and support.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
english.aljazeera.net...

Video shown on AJ, and pics of the four on this page.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I doubt there are many people here that care. The only thing that interests them is things they can use as fodder against the US.

If they do post, it will only be to blame the US for kidnapping.

The fact still remains that these monsters probably saw the heads off these still breathing human beings.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yea i dont thoses suits in washington even care that there taken and i wouldnt sat there gona do anytning about it either

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I heard one of the hostages is a female German citizen....maybe this is what its gonna take for Germany to wake up.

All the same, they will all be in my prayers and I hope our boys finds these PUNKS before its too late and sends them to one of our CIA camps.

Are they all Peace activists? Maybe now they will see that not all people are not "peaceful"....they just need to be killed.

God, I hope our boys find them in time.

Maximu§

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Where is the outrage and spite?? Where are all the people that always have something to say about the evil US? Why does this thread only have 5 responses???

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This is from CNN. I really hope they are returned home safely, although I have my doubts.

Christain Peacemaker Teams has identified the missing men as Thomas W. Fox, 54, of Virginia; Dr. Norman Frank Kember, 74, of Britain; James Loney, 41, of Toronto; and Harmeet Singh Sooden, 32, a Canadian who has been studying in New Zealand.

Fox, from Clear Brook, Virginia, is a father of two children and has worked with CPT in Iraq for two years, the group said in a written statement.

Kember, a pacifist and peace activist from London, is married with two daughters and a 3-year-old grandson. He is a retired professor of medicine.

Loney, leader of the CPT delegation, is a community worker who has been a CPT member for more than five years. He has taken testimonies from families of detainees for CPT's report on detainee abuse.

Sooden is an electrical engineer studying for a master's degree in English literature at Auckland University.

cjf

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Where is the outrage and spite?? Where are all the people that always have something to say about the evil US? Why does this thread only have 5 responses???

Perhaps certain persons are waiting for more running articles to be inked blaming the US and UK for the hostages’ dilemmas other than the CNN quotations. Soon after, posting will commence….the presses are turning…..

More than likely these individuals were/are trying to make a difference, right or wrong, they were/are attempting to make (in their view) some sort of positive impact on the situation as they perceived in lessening the human costs at every level by direct intervention.

No matter how they are viewed or judged, the current hostages from the CPT knew what they were risking and through their personal convictions had the courage to do something and acted upon about their values and convictions, an entirely different species than those who would rather just complain and point fingers but…..

Christian Peacemaker Teams, a group that has had activists in Iraq since October 2002, said it was saddened by the video of their workers. The workers, the group said, were working against the occupation of Iraq.

"We are angry because what has happened to our teammates is the result of the actions of the U.S. and U.K. government due to the illegal attack on Iraq and the continuing occupation and oppression of its people," the group said.

Full AP Article

I wouldn not want this guy as a spokesman for me or even if any personal acquaintances were being held hostage in Iraq, talk about broadcasting the desired response for the extremists. Now there is more value in the hostages death to drive this message out further and deeper. The hostages chances of survival have now diminished greatly.

He should be a spokesman for the ‘Swords of Islam’ (or whoever it is this week) and just sign their death warrants and move on with the organizations new martyrs and cause to rally. Unbelievable!

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjf

Originally posted by Dronetek

Perhaps certain persons are waiting for more running articles to be inked blaming the US and UK for the hostages’ dilemmas other than the CNN quotations. Soon after, posting will commence….the presses are turning…..

More than likely these individuals were/are trying to make a difference, right or wrong, they were/are attempting to make (in their view) some sort of positive impact on the situation as they perceived in lessening the human costs at every level by direct intervention.

No matter how they are viewed or judged, the current hostages from the CPT knew what they were risking and through their personal convictions had the courage to do something and acted upon about their values and convictions, an entirely different species than those who would rather just complain and point fingers but…..

Christian Peacemaker Teams, a group that has had activists in Iraq since October 2002, said it was saddened by the video of their workers. The workers, the group said, were working against the occupation of Iraq.

"We are angry because what has happened to our teammates is the result of the actions of the U.S. and U.K. government due to the illegal attack on Iraq and the continuing occupation and oppression of its people," the group said.

Full AP Article

I wouldn not want this guy as a spokesman for me or even if any personal acquaintances were being held hostage in Iraq, talk about broadcasting the desired response for the extremists. Now there is more value in the hostages death to drive this message out further and deeper. The hostages chances of survival have now diminished greatly.

He should be a spokesman for the ‘Swords of Islam’ (or whoever it is this week) and just sign their death warrants and move on with the organizations new martyrs and cause to rally. Unbelievable!

That guy is basically defending the actions of the terrorists who are about to murder their friends. These people were risking their lives to help Muslims and they are about to be brutally murdered and yet, this guy still defends their actions. Amazing.

new topics

top topics

join