It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation of Buddah?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
check out this article

today.reuters.co.uk... ML

Thing is the aticle staes that they dont know what he does at night, still impressive to meditate from dawn till dusk though.

Mod Edit: Fixed BB Code.

[edit on 29/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The correct link is:

today.reuters.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I have read this and if it is truly the "reincarnation" of Buddha why is he not allowed to be seen after dark? Perhaps a hot dog and potato chips he favors more than idolation?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Indeed--what little boy doesn't eat for 6 months?

Not excluding the possibility of true holiness...

however that kind of holiness can only lead to complete and pure holiness (in other words physical death shuts down the temple and opens the door to the TEMPLE)

and for all practical purposes, a 6 month long fast of all types of intake seems to serve no actual purpose if death is ruled out.

Bamjon sits cross-legged beneath a "pipal" tree, which is sacred to Hindus,

Did anyone else wonder why this is relevant to the possibility of the Buddha returning?

-- or:
'What does that have to do with the price of tea in Tibet?

Buddha, who founded Buddhism

I also do not buy into this any more than I believe that Christ came for the purpose of founding christianity.

If I ever reach a stage of veritable other-worldly/spiritual enlightenment, and you guys witness such--not likely, but you just never know
--and then I die--please oh please don't let them make a religion out of me.

I'd do the same for you, scout's honor!

One more thing: according to the 14th Dalai Lama, we've got 999 more coming!

"Relying on certain Mahayana Buddhist citations and quotations, we believe that in this fortunate aeon one thousand Buddhas will appear. This is the time of the fourth Buddha, Buddha Shakyamuni, whose teaching is still existing, and the fifth Buddha will be Maitreya Buddha." — His Holiness the XIVth Dalai Lama

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tags.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
I also do not buy into this any more than I believe that Christ came for the purpose of founding christianity.

If I ever reach a stage of veritable other-worldly/spiritual enlightenment, and you guys witness such--not likely, but you just never know
--and then I die--please oh please don't let them make a religion out of me.

Totally agree with that queenannie38. Im not into organized religion but I always thought if Jesus came back he'd be really pissed off. It is kind of like saying true faith, enlightenment, etc. means have a huge ego. Worship me. Doesnt make any sense. Also dont think this kid is Buddah and wish we knew what he was up to at night time.

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tags.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
How do you know I have not eaten in 6 months if you dont see me during the night?

This is just stupid.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Bamjon sits cross-legged beneath a "pipal" tree, which is sacred to Hindus,

Did anyone else wonder why this is relevant to the possibility of the Buddha returning?

Buddha is venerated in the Hindu religion as an incarnation of Krishna or Vishnu. If the Maitreyu comes he/she will also be seen as another incarnation of Krishna.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'll be darned....I had no idea of that at, all. I didn't think there was any link between hindu and buddhism.

Just goes to show you what I know. hee hee

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Have they checked his pulse?

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
He's not calling himself the reincarnation of Buddha, OTHERS are. The ignorant people around him. I don't think this is all that remarkable however, as even Hindu Brahmins and yogis undergo such austerities. The only connection this boy has to Buddha is he is meditating near a pipal tree the Buddha meditated under and that both the Buddha's and his mother's names are the same, Maya Devi.

In any case, I know a Brahmin who meditated in the jungle for 7 years, eating only whatever fell from the tree he meditated under and nothing more. He's a devotee of Shiva and Amba.

The boy may not actually have eaten anything, I just don't see why people are so skeptical of such a thing. This is the tradition in India for any true spiritual seeker to go meditate somewhere for an extended period of time and try to overcome his base desires and needs. If the Buddha did it, why not this boy?

In any case, the boy COULD be the "next" Buddha in a sense in that he could achieve what the Buddha did, though what the Buddha achieved is hardly that unique.

And I hope you were joking about the comment that you didn't know that Hinduism and Buddhism were connected. Buddha and Buddhism originated in India, and Buddhism came about from a rejection of the Vedas (Hindu texts) as the path to lead to enlightenment. Technically Buddhism and Hinduism are merely on a continuum of thought, and there are many schools of thought in both religions that actually are very similar to each other, and some are pretty much the same schools of thought just under different labels.

They are very connected. Hinduism, the real form, is very much like Buddhism. The only true points of difference are that buddhists do not believe in soul and they believe that the highest state of nirvana is emptiness. Both Hindus and Buddhists strive for nirvana, they just define it differently, where Hindus define it as being fullness and believe in the Self, or Atman. In Advaita Hinduism. the belief is that the Real is when you destroy your separate identity, your Ego, and merge with Brahman, the One, and identify yourself as That.

Hinduism and Buddhism both achieve enlightenment through similar means, through yoga, meditation and austerities in general. Of course, Hinduism also has worship of everything around them, including statues and such, but these are generally meant to help concentrate the devotee's attention and help him contact the Self within.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
I have read this and if it is truly the "reincarnation" of Buddha why is he not allowed to be seen after dark? Perhaps a hot dog and potato chips he favors more than idolation?

That's offensive, IMHO. Many mystics of Hinduism and Buddhism do not touch such things, and tend to eat only raw vegetables that they can find around them. And please refrain from using the word "idolation" as that has a pejorative connotation.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
How do you know I have not eaten in 6 months if you dont see me during the night?

This is just stupid.

What's stupid? That the boy won't let himself be observed at night to prove he doesn't eat or drink? Or your and other people's curiosity over this matter? Or your and other people's frustration the boy won't let himself be seen during the night?

Personally I fnd the last two points rather stupid.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Let's all get along and discuss this in a positive way...

Lest a poo flinging monkey descend from the Bo tree and do what poo flinging monkeys do best...

Ram

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
AAAAAmazing... That looks so cool..

welcome back buddha...lol

[edit on 4-12-2005 by Ram]

Ram

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Instead of writing how cool this looks..Well..
Maybe i should add a little more.

It dosn't look like a hunger-strike... Like some demonstration to get full attention on a topic or something like that.

Normally people do poorly in a hunger strike...Runs around and feel anger - spending most time being in another stage of mind.. "I want to die i want to die!!" thing. Or "they want to kill, they want to kill"
I think many hungerstrikes does include a bottle of water...

Look carefully after the hidden bottle of water in this (random found picture) from the web..
It looks quiet different than the person under the tree... And surely they must have acces to toilets...during those hungerstrikes...

There is something different in the Buddha-boy thing.. It's really much more extreme...
And most people can't sit for more than one hour doing the meditation.. Or around that amount...

six month - That's a very long time...

What have you been doing for the past six month?

That is a long time...!!
And during that amount of time - noone have seen him move around..? Not one singel eye wittness...
Yet they speak of a light from he's forehead...in nighttime.. So there must have been a few eye-witnesses - but they didn't see him use the toilet option...or see him Eat or drink.

The boy said he was gonna do some deep experimentation for six years..

Just to put in the big conspiracy - Oh damn - that looks like he's finished around 2012...

Where the buddist monks told us...The aliens will interfear the big nuke-party we gonna have.
So we have about 2 conspiracies that fit together here...

So for some it's still important to see if he pooh... Eat and drink..

and so it is.

Oh and queenannie38 wonder why it is important to include that he sits crosslegged... for six month..

queenannie38 Try sit for one hour... Crosslegged and get on your feet again.... Then you will know why it is an important note.
- don't hurt yourselves...just to prove it..

[edit on 5-12-2005 by Ram]

Ram

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
And here are some more info...
First sign of a Hoax..

Local officials have asked scientific and religious bodies in Nepal to investigate whether the claims about the boy are true. In particular they want to know what happens when a curtain screens the boy from observers at night.

There have been suggestions that the boy is part of a plot by left-wing guerrillas to collect money from gullible villagers, but officials are hampered by a group of minders who refuse to allow anyone to disturb him.

from times-online
I don't have a clue...

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Ram]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
some sects of hindu believe that the supreme godhead sent bhudda not to be a recarnet of himself but more as a prophet to help the hindus move back to the religion ......but then it became a religion onto itself, but i think the whole things a hoax.....so its kinda like a hoax hoaxing a hoax

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
some sects of hindu believe that the supreme godhead sent bhudda not to be a recarnet of himself but more as a prophet to help the hindus move back to the religion ......but then it became a religion onto itself, but i think the whole things a hoax.....so its kinda like a hoax hoaxing a hoax

Actually the Bhagavad Gita (as it is) explicitly states that Buddha was an incarnation of Krishna. So those "sects" that you're talking about ignore the most important Hindu religious text.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShakyaHeir

Originally posted by plague

Actually the Bhagavad Gita (as it is) explicitly states that Buddha was an incarnation of Krishna. So those "sects" that you're talking about ignore the most important Hindu religious text.

actually the bhagavad gita makes no mention of buddha in any way.and it was mentioned in a book ..written by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada... i think the book was the science of self realization.....but i realy do not believe that KRSNA made any mention of bhudda to Arjuna in the Gita ..i could be wrong but ive read the gita many many times.....

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I'll be darned....I had no idea of that at, all. I didn't think there was any link between hindu and buddhism.

Just goes to show you what I know. hee hee

Well...Siddartha Gautama was an Indian.

Hinduism eventually assimilated Buddha into their plethora of gods/goddesses whereas Buddhism (classical) holds Buddha as an enlightened man. There is sects of Buddhism that see Buddha as a diety but that's not the classical view.

[edit on 023131p://11u16 by Lucid Lunacy]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join