It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Flag is Wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Note: This is quite old so I've done several searches on the forum that have yeilded no results. Hopefully, it hasn't been posted before.
-------

The U.S. Flag is Wrong

The U.S. only has 49 states not 50. It looks like we are going to have to annex Iraq or something so we don't have to change the flag. I originally seen this story on whatreallyhappened.com. The link is here...

whatreallyhappened.com...

Of course, I had to see for myself if this was the case so I took a large amount of time researching (2 minutes).

UNITED STATES PUBLIC LAW 103-150
103d Congress Joint Resolution 19
Nov. 23, 1993
www.hawaii-nation.org...

The above is a formal apology signed by Bill Clinton and acknoledged by The Congress. This in and of itself doesn't seem to really undo anything so I searched harder (2.5 minutes).

Fact: On January 17, 1893, Hawaii's government was overthrown.

On Jan. 17, 1893, at dusk, Queen Lili`uokalani yielded her throne under protest, with these words:

"I, Lili`uokalani, by the grace of God and under the constitution of the Hawaiian Kingdom, Queen, do hereby solemnly protest against any and all acts done against myself and the constitutional government of the Hawaiian Kingdom by certain persons claiming to have established a Provisional Government of and for this Kingdom.
"That I yield to the superior force of the United States of America, whose Minister Plenipotentiary, His Excellency John L. Stevens, has caused United States troops to be landed at Honolulu and declared that he would support the said Provisional Government.

"Now, to avoid any collision of armed forces and perhaps loss of life, I do, under this protest, and impelled by said forces, yield my authority until such time as the Government of the United States shall, upon the facts being presented to it, undo the action of its representative and reinstate me in the authority which I claim as the constitutional sovereign of the Hawaiian Islands."

Another September 11th:
Ku`e: the Hui Aloha `Aina anti-annexation petitions, 1897-1898
compiled by Nalani Minton and Noenoe K.Silva
libweb.hawaii.edu...

As a direct result of the petition, the treaty of annexation of Hawaii failed to pass the senate, and was never passed.

The following year, the Spanish-American War commenced, and Congressional annexationists driven by the exigencies of war were only able to pass a joint resolution of annexation, requiring a mere simple majority. The problem is that a domestic law cannot be imposed on a foreign country, and territory can be legally annexed only by means of a treaty.

Fact: On August 21,1959, Hawaii became the 50th State of the United States.

A legal opinion from the Office of Legal Counsel of the U.S. Department of Justice, October 4, 1988, states:

"The constitutionality of the annexation of Hawaii, by a simple legislative act, was strenuously contested at the time both in Congress and by the press. The right to annex by treaty was not denied, but it was denied that this might be done by a simple legislative act�Only by means of treaties, it was asserted, can the relations between States be governed, for a legislative act is necessarily without extraterritorial force--confined in its operation to the territory of the State by whose legislature it is enacted."

The DOJ opinion goes on to say that:

"It is therefore unclear which constitutional power Congress exercised when it acquired Hawaii by joint resolution."

This brings us back to the apology on Nov. 23, 1993 signed by Bill Clinton.

-----

In conclusion, it looks like Hawaii was never a state. So there should be only 49 stars on the flag. (For you numeralogists that 4+9=13)

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Actually the flag is wrong for an entirely different reason than what you have posted. Hawaii is a state no matter who Clinton apologizes to.

However, the flag should have 51 stars...

you forgot the State of Confusion...annexed somewhere in the middle of the 8 years of Clinton's apologies.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Actually, 53 states:

The state of National Disgrace was annexed as a result of the 2000 election

The state of Unilateral Military Aggression was annexed after the trifecta of 9/11

But I don't think uIVIa meant this to go into the Political Mudpit. It is a fine line that political conspiracists must tread, and the last two posts are examples of what not to do.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Actually the flag is wrong for an entirely different reason than what you have posted. Hawaii is a state no matter who Clinton apologizes to.

However, the flag should have 51 stars...

you forgot the State of Confusion...annexed somewhere in the middle of the 8 years of Clinton's apologies.

It's not the apology that closes the case for me. That's why I did all that extensive research. It's this sentence that closes it for me.

The problem is that a domestic law cannot be imposed on a foreign country, and territory can be legally annexed only by means of a treaty.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Many people never even realised that the flag they are saluting is a military war flag,there is another that is representative of the civilian portion of the US.

It must have went out of style when the US went into a state of perpetual war.

barefootsworld.net...

Study other articles in the site too,it is very informative,unless of course you want to keep cultivating your american ways of supporting those who feed off of you,which seems to be the way most like to live in the US right now...

It's not only the number of stars that are incorrect,the flag represents something that has long been forgotten.

It's called peace.

[Edited on 23-9-2003 by uNBaLaNCeD]

top topics

join