It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A world without US supremacy is unthinkable

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGrude
Because now the sun does set on the British Empire. They once were very powerful. They arguably had the best navy in the world for centuries, but they seem to have lost it all once the colonies began seeking independence.

Yes, the key word here is, they seem to have lost all power over their former colonies, including the U.S.

However, as someone else noted the British, or rather those how reside in the City of London (as oppossed to London), are a lot more crafty than you give them credit for. This is deliberate. Why put yourself in the spotlight? Let the loudmouthed yanks get hit by the slings and arrows of the world while you carry on, business as usual behind the scenes.

Any former colony now labouring under massive national debts is still a colony in my books. The people seemingly in "power" in those respective countries know the truth and understand the concept of covert as oppossed to overt control. How many rallies do you see in foreign countries burning the Union Jack? The British were a world power before the U.S. even existed. Give them some credit for experience.

Being of a country that has been nothing but subservient to various world powers, I would have to say bring 'em on. We assimilated every other Empire that wandered on to our fair green shores!!!!!! True "power" is such a difficult thing to define.......

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
The Brits have power, its just a second rate power.
Not the type of power that would certainly earn respect or attention as America's.

figures, I am sick to death of reading and hearing this type of nonsensical rubbish, thats shows the inbred underlaying pig ignorant upperty opinions of U.S.A. Second rate or,

www.prnewswire.com.../www/story/11-02-2005/0004206549&EDATE=

U.K. rated top capital market around the world ahead of Hong Kong, Singapore, and the United States. We have the 4th largest economy and smaller land mass, second rate, dont think so mate.

Originally posted by aria
A country is a super power when you are able to fight at many fronts. Countries like USA, China, India and Russia are the only countries who can fight in another continent and at many fronts possible without the help of others.

Countries like Iran, Britain, Australia, The Netherlands, Israel, Northern Korea etc... don't have the possibility to relocate its troops or even fight at different fronts.

I don't see Britain fighting against Islamic Republic in the Middle-East, againts N.Korea In the East and somewhere in Afriqa on their own at the same time! Unless they get help from the rest of the EU or the world.

Is that right because I thought a super/world power was political reach and economic reach as well as military strength, by your reckoning, superpowers only come out to play when at war. U.K. and others are more than able to mobolise, how the hell did we get to the Mid East, oh thats right we hitched a lift in in Uncle Sam's amphibious Ford F-150 did'nt we.

Why not look at this another way - A USA without the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacman VKC
figures, I am sick to death of reading and hearing this type of nonsensical rubbish, thats shows the inbred underlaying pig ignorant upperty opinions of U.S.A.

Hey, that's not necessary. Especially since you're attributing the opinions of one boy to a whole country. Surely you know we don't all feel that way. If you don't, do some more reading on the board, in this thread, in fact. But, you know, chill out.

I think you've violated the TOS, but I'll let a moderator tell you that for sure.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
nope thats not because of one post but a whole load of different boards, news, TV, its all I seem to see lately, calling my country second rate is ok is it? If I broke a rule so be it I certainly aint gonna loose sleep over it, and as for all the
"I love my country" crap, I love my kids and wife more. Every single thread I see or post (not just here) its same old same old and its getting to the point where its leaving a rather bad taste in my mouth.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yes. True, the world we have currently is dependent on the U.S and that, my friend, is very sad. Honestly, I can't imagine a world without the U.S. Chaos and economic failures everywhere. Don't get me wrong. I am really unhappy with the situation we have and that is we need the U.S to sustain life. If the U.S is to be an isolationist all the way since before the WWII to now, it will be a whole different world we live in. Moreover, to be frank, most nations really can't survive without the U.S in power.

My conclusion, we need them but that doesn't give me the excuse to not hate them.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I see what deltaboy was trying to say, but it would've been better if he could have expressed his view in a more articulate manner. Now, the British may not be the former empire they once were but non the less they are still a global power. And I have great respect for its people and government as I’m sure many Americans do for their continues alliance with the US.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Don't let the hypernationalists get you upset, they're disproportionately loud, but they are not a majority here, even if it might seem so.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
lol I do get very worked up about stuff and feel if its fallin on deaf ears, sorry for the way I said it, not for what I said. As for being dependant on U.S. hmm cant totally agree, the $US has declined 40% against the Euro over the last 2 years, and during this time America's trade deficit has continued to deteriorate. Both Russia and China have said they will be switching their considerable dollar reserves into Euro, plus the petro euro/dollar thing dont convince me of dependancy.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by pacman VKC]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacman VKC
lol I do get very worked up about stuff and feel if its fallin on deaf ears, sorry for the way I said it, not for what I said. As for being dependant on U.S. hmm cant totally agree, the $US has declined 40% against the Euro over the last 2 years

Really I swore the dollar is rising against the Euro. Let me check the news again. Yep its on the rise against the Euro. I wonder why. Im not good in economics. Never was.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I like reading this type of thread as you know its going to keep on rolling for a while. The US needs to keep 200,000 troops in foreign bases so it can defend itself and its NATO allies at a distance rather than on its borders. The idea of The US going into isolation (like switzerland) would leave a power vacuum that, let me guess certain countries would no doubt exploit. If i have a problem with my country and the US it is they don't act quickly enough to get rid of tyrants like Saddam and currently the ruler of Zimbabwe. One point - If america did not support the Taiwanese people it would be part of China by now and they have their eyes on more land as well. If countries like Germany, france, Spain, Russia (who should remember who saved its ass not that long ago), etc had the cahoneys to back the US on its international (ie Iraq) policy, we would not need to have half the amount of (stupid) debate we do. Its poorly informed persons usually with an agenda of their own that post threads like these.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Jeez, another pointless thread in this forum.

OK, let's look at it from the grassroots, where we are, unless you are a gov't plant.

Marcus Aurillius, having a bad day in Rome. Yells at his neighbor who is engaged in a Bachinalia.

The Crusades. Oops, they happened.

WW1, the US showed up................. LATE!

WW2, the US showed up late................AGAIN!

Korea, hahahahaha.

Viet Nam, condolances to the fighting man but gov't policy? Hahahahaha.

The War on Drugs? Maintained by drug money.

The wonderful Clinton years, same #, just sugar coated.

Bush 2, the Sacred Pineapple help us all. "War on Terrorism"

The point? The US not being a major force in the world is a bad thing?

Hell we just went through the Roman Empire, the British Empire, the Soviet Union. Get over it, it's going to happen. ALL empires die.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join