It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars? Pics.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
This is the high res pic of the crator with a dome inside????

So ATS people, whats your take on these pics?
Natural anomally? structures?

I don't see how people with little or no knowledge of natural geologic processes can make definitive statements about supposed structures and other features. Especially in an environment that is quite a bit different than Earth's.

I know it's kind of disappointing, that this cool planet where the alien invaders come from is really just dead and empty. But staring at some odd-shaped rock for hours until you see a spaceship carburetor is not going to make the planet any more lively.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
On the verry first post this picture:

the oddlooking feature in the crater is called a Lava Dome. When meteors impact they can sometimes create a volocanic event. It looks like that happened here.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Complex craters are larger, and have uplifted centers that are surrounded by a trough, plus broken rims. The uplifted center is due to the "rebound" of the earth after the impact. It is something like the ripple pattern created by a drop of water into a pool, frozen into the Earth when the melted rock cooled and solidified.

Like this?

take a look at all of the thread, still mysterious.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hello to those reading this thread.
The dome in the centre of the meteorite impact crater is not a lava dome.
It is a pile of sand.
If you look closely, you can see some dune formations on its surface.
If you also look at a few other pictures of similar sized impact craters, you will see the same piles of sand, being blown into and trapped in the depression, pileing up and growing as time goes on.
It is not a rebound feature.
Meteoric impacts that are large enough to produce a rebound feature, will have a rugged little mountain in the centre, I have not seen one yet, that resembles this 'dome'.
Have a look at some of the pics of the Moon or Mars where you can see a crater with a mountain in the middle.
That is a rebound feature.
Impact structures that are smaller are called 'simple' and have no rebound feature.
Those with the rebound feature are termed 'complex.
Also, if you go to the nasa MER site, and look at some of the images of the impact crater that the Opportunity rover took of the large 'Endurance' crater, which was not far from its landing site, you will see the same process in its early stages from ground level.
Some of these images look like pools of water with rippling waves travelling over them, but they are just 'sand'.

I don't think much of the 'enterprisemissions' blurry, grainy pictures either.
They seem to be the only thing offered as 'evidence' of 'artifacts'.
Terminology is also used with a 'lot' of free license.

Ask more questions from some of the learned folk at the 'meteorite-list' if you want confirmation of what I am saying.
Cheers all,
Kevin.

www.qsl.net...

[edit on 22-6-2006 by VK3UKF]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I must be missing something. Nothing here even makes me think of "life"

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
fake. A picture of a rock and now all of a sudden its some artifact.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
fake. A picture of a rock and now all of a sudden its some artifact.

[edit on 25-6-2006 by q_ball]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
It is impossible to say that there has never been life on Mars as a statement. However, it is hard to prove there is life on Mars today. Personally, I believe there are intelligent beings currently on the planet.

When you find the source of who gives you information, you have to anaylze it and realize what the source's intention is. NASA orignally had black and white photos, and now digitally changed color images of Mars. That's proof in itself there is more to the planet than the majority knows.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

mod edit: reduced image size to restore page format.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by sanctum]

The rocks are aligned in the same exact way also the right picture just got some work dont to it to make it look darker, its a fake for sure

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Unplugged

The short answer is that tose creatures like the big white squared caterpillar exist on Mars surface,but are only very small,but the images get "PACKETTED" together and jumble up.In other words composite pictures of 2 different scenes joined to one final pic that seems odd.Look again at the squared white caterpillar and find the tiny glassy looking eye.the left eye is obscured. I designed the Mars rovers and gave them in 1987 the idea for image STACKING to ease transmission woes.But you see the result is the same as redording track bleedover/interference.Otherwise that would be a Hundred mile high creature trying to eat MGS. The caterpillar is probably no longer than your bed and as wide a face as any book on your shelf. There are people on Mars who look like us and wear clothes.Props to Keith Laney images...love your work,making my job easier to explain.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Let me try to explain visually with a NOISY picture of a sat photo interjected with faces that are Mars people faces. Distant dirt vs close-up faces in the same transmission overlapping,fouling up,messy,dirty,bad bad bad imaging. G I R L

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
PhotoNasaMan Manipulates again....so obvious fake. Hole in ONE Sphere.
Give them a better grade because it looked pretty,like they at least TRIED.If you can't be GOOD,be PRETTY.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Taking a second look at interference effects with fresh eyes may be the way to see these things. Weeks later some things may show up more clearly for some folks.
The weak chin may be an indicator.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Your idea is probably right on. I have thought for the last 4 or 5 years that things were sure strange up there on Mars. I cannot believe how they try to spoonfeed us a little info at a time. I think mars could have had more than just a primitive life on it and some of the strange structures and whatnot have been made, (not natural). I really wonder sometimes if there isnt already a base there? They never tell us anything really. But theres more here than meets the eye.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Denied

Just watched your 'secrets in the Solar system' vid ...
Interesting watch... Thanks...
Hopefully you'll come back to ats in due course and see my message of appreciation

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It is just your mind playing tricks on you

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
What a shame that so many links on this thread no longer work.
Would have liked to see those pictures.
I most certainly believe there is life on mars.
Theirs and ours.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well, I totally believe in extraterrestrials, and thathe there is probably life on mars.. but..

The pictures in there he OP can easily be explained by a spherical meteor dense in strong metals. When it hit Mars and made there he hath crater, the meteors held form and didn't crumble. Then over time it collected Mars dust smoothing it out even more.

It's just a meteor in its own crater.

Now I've seen other Mars pics that have made me spit out my drink..

Like there he gather one of therehegathehat massive bridge aND facility in therehegathehat he distance.. and therehegathehat he he one that looked like therehegathehat he he he remnants of some type of space or flying craft.

There's also been the close up images of rocks showing fossilized organic material since the patters don't follow any type of geologic striation pattern .

My beef with threads like this is that they make people overly skeptical when we do get really good photos that do show something.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join