It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars? Pics.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
very wierd indeed,
It would be an exaggeration to say that the case for artificiality is now compelling, for many will still find that conclusion less likely than all these "coincidences" put together. Yet the balance of the evidence, considered objectively, now weighs in favor of artificiality over a natural origin of the Cydonian landforms.
i've found a couple of sites with many more pics and info,
click here
click here
Dolphin-like Features at Cydonia
Google images

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
heres what shocked me.....

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
palermoproject.com...

So guys, what do you think??

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I do not know if those things are artificial or natural, Nature can make some strange things, even human beings.

What I do not like is people showing some photos and telling me what I must see, like when they say that the picture shows a fort, a house, a cow, George Bush, Bin Ladden, etc.
Those people, maybe without knowing it, are forcing the others to make a decision, in favour or against what they are saying, and after that they get angry against the people that do not see in those pictures what they see.

Its like looking at the clouds, our brain does the interpretation, if something does not look obviously like a known object, different people will see different things, like in a Rorschach test.

Here on Earth we have some strange features on the surface of the planet, but we can only really see the surface on the deserts and places like that, where the vegetation does not hide the real surface.

Some places I found:

Australia:
I suppose those walls are natural, but they look like they could have been artificially made.
Australia 1

Those triangles can also be seen as artificial.
Australia 2

Mexico:
The crater almost at the centre of the picture reminds me of some Mars photos.
Mexico

Niger:
I do not know what to think of this image, its so strange.
Niger 1

This looks like the remnants of a volcano.
Niger 2

USA:
Some of the features in this photo remind of the Mars photo with the ´T´ shaped thing.
St. Helen

Another crater similar to some of the Mars photos.
Amboy 1

A lava field is a strange thing, here or on Mars.
Amboy 2

Meteor Crater looks like an octagonal crater in this photo, not a round one.
Meteor Crater

My conclusion:
We do not know enough of our own planet, but we think we know enough about one millions of miles away, where we never set our feet, to start making statements.

The Europeans took centuries to know what was on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean (some are still trying to understand what happens there
), why must we know all about Mars in just some decades?

I would like to know if there is life on Mars, and what kind of live, and a lot of other things, but I think that this is something that only future generations will know.

PS:I could spend the rest of my life just looking at sattelite photos.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Very good on getting those links.....

But i think what I'm trying to find out, which i wont.
Is whether something has lived there before, not now.

Similar to these....

Structures long abandoned.

Just on thing i noticed in the bottom left pic....
Theres a crop circle right next to a dish....coincidence?

[edit on 1-12-2005 by Denied]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here look there could be water!

source
home page

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Its difficult to say if something left on Mars will still be visible today.

If it was very ancient, it would probably be very worned out, but not as much as things on Earth, Mars has strong winds but a very light atmosphere, and no rain, so the possible structures would be in relativelly good shape.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamian
Here look there could be water!

source
home page

That was what I was talking about, that could be water, or olive oil, or beer. The fact that it looks liquid does not mean it is water. If you see lava flow from a volcano you not that it is not water because you allready know what it is, but if you try to forget it, you could think that it was mud and not molted rocks.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
There are many pictures from Mars which "could be anything". If you read the article,

www.checktheevidence.com...

I explain why I chose those particular images and I included the replies from people who should be able to say something more than "it's sand dunes".

So many people seem to miss the point (I'm not saying that you were, but the thread opened with the most anomalous images, with measurements quoted). Hard data. That's the best kind to work with. When mainstream science ignores it, then we have a problem, folks. They are in denial about doing their jobs - so we have to do it for them.

That's the situation as I see it. It seems we are not being told the truth - and we should pressure for better answers - where the data is/are clear.

So why am I posting on this message board? I don't know!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Underground bases on Mars??

INFRARED PHOTOS OF AN UNDERGROUND CITY
Another Phobos picture, released on Canadian TV, presents an infrared scan radiometer image of the Martian surface that showed clearly defined rectangular areas. These are interconnected with a latticework of perfectly straight channels, much resembling a city block. There were no corresponding surface features taken by regular cameras. This suggests the heat signature of what may be a set of underground cavern or channels that are just too geometrically regular to be formed naturally. According to Dr. John Becklake of the London Science Museum, "The city-like pattern is 60 kilometers wide and could be easily be mistaken for an aerial view of Los Angeles."

Symbol on a rock?

More dolphins?

There sure is some crazy stuff up there.......

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i admit, there most likely are aliens. it would actually be less plausible that the entire universe (except for this backwater bluegreen rock) is devoid of life.

however, i don't think there's that much on mars

why?

the martian environment is far too extreme. it might be able to support a small amount of microscopic life, but the conditions don't seem ideal for the development of more complex life. even if multicelular organisms did arise on mars, it would be pure subsitance existence. intelligence wouldn't seem to be an advantage when the environment is like that

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
The 'T' shaped thing has me intriqued. If that is really a picture of mars, it would really support a definate 'something' there.

More info on the 'T' shape structure??

Proof you can't trust the TLC, Discovery Channel, or the History Channel.
*sighs*

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i admit, there most likely are aliens. it would actually be less plausible that the entire universe (except for this backwater bluegreen rock) is devoid of life.

however, i don't think there's that much on mars

why?

the martian environment is far too extreme. it might be able to support a small amount of microscopic life, but the conditions don't seem ideal for the development of more complex life. even if multicelular organisms did arise on mars, it would be pure subsitance existence. intelligence wouldn't seem to be an advantage when the environment is like that

Who's says any possible builders must have started life on Mars?

And I'm pretty sure that bacteria and similar things doesnt care much about its enviroments being too extreme. We know they can survive on the moon after we accidentally planted them there, Mars should be pleasant in comparison.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by merka]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Underground bases on Mars??

INFRARED PHOTOS OF AN UNDERGROUND CITY
Another Phobos picture, released on Canadian TV, presents an infrared scan radiometer image of the Martian surface that showed clearly defined rectangular areas. These are interconnected with a latticework of perfectly straight channels, much resembling a city block. There were no corresponding surface features taken by regular cameras. This suggests the heat signature of what may be a set of underground cavern or channels that are just too geometrically regular to be formed naturally. According to Dr. John Becklake of the London Science Museum, "The city-like pattern is 60 kilometers wide and could be easily be mistaken for an aerial view of Los Angeles."

Symbol on a rock?

More dolphins?

There sure is some crazy stuff up there.......

You know that remindes me about the serpent mount the indians made in ohio forever. They have a whole story of how the gods came down and made it to bring peace to the Ohio Valley(15 tribes or so lived here then.), and they were told by a messanger that in order to have peace with "their heaven" and for most of the other tribes to keep rocks in it perfect "forever"(as long as possible in OldAmericanspeak). Here's a pic or two:

Check out this local crop circle:

Here's the mount:

source for serpent pic

Source 2 for Serpent

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Why has this picture been overrun by white and black lines?

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodAtum
Why has this picture been overrun by white and black lines?

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

Many pictures have those problems, they have blocks of information that was not received or that was just white noise or all black or all white.

You can go to Mars Global Surveyor MOC FTP server and download all the 404
CD-ROMs they have there with the pictures in the original format they used.
Then you can download the NASAView program to decode the pictures.

You will find many pictures like that, and many all white or all black.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
It's that dome place in Disneyland.

It's God's golf ball!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I do think the odds are very good there was life on mars a long time ago.... Nasa edit the pics all the time.... go to enterprisemission.com for more pics and details...
Heres another good one I found that looks like an ancient city, note the staircase looking lines towards the bottom, very symetrical.... forgot where I found it but it was outlined and looked pretty possible

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sometimes we can read too much in looking at something with a predetermined idea of what you want to find, but some of those pictures sure are strange.

Has a civilization lived there many years ago and is long gone, only a few traces are left?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Man those are some intriguing pictures . I just wonder why none of those ever make to the mainstream media . For once I would like to see , I don't know ... CNN , FOXNEWS or the Discovery Channel reporting pictures like these for the public , who is totaly oblivious about the topic !

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join