It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars? Pics.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
What's the distance of these photos in relation to the different zoom levels on Google Earth?

For example, how about a shot from Google Earth of something recognisable, like the Great Wall of China from the same height as these Mars shots so we can get an idea of how much more detail could be in these photos.

Does a photo of Earth from a certain height make canyons look like 'tubes'? What does a T-shaped object on Earth look like at a much closer zoom, would it have to be man made?

It would be interesting to get some comparisions so we can get an idea of the equivelent detail on Earth.

Not saying these aren't non-natural things on Mars, i just don't know what level of detail and from what height, comparable to Earth, i'm looking at.

There's obviously a lot more detail which could be photographed but maybe using Google Earth we could work out what similar objects look like at a closer zoom - do they stay natural or do they become buildings etc at a closer level?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Does a photo of Earth from a certain height make canyons look like 'tubes'? What does a T-shaped object on Earth look like at a much closer zoom, would it have to be man made?

Someone posted a link about the "T" anomaly, in the link it explains how big the formations are.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theox
The "T" shaped thing:

Source:

Andrew Johnson ([email protected]), Sept 2005

"The second image was taken on 16th July 1998 and can also be found on Malin Space Science Systems.
From the information on these pages, I calculated the line running in the "1 O'clock" position to be roughly 4.8km – over 3 miles - long! It then intersects at right angles with another feature about 2 miles long! Why has this incredible feature not been analysed more thoroughly?"

www.msss.com...

there you have it.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
what happened on mars and how we came to be. Noah built a great ship and loaded 2 of every living creature ahead of a great flood.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
plant life might be on mars

here is the link

xfacts.com...

[edit on 30-11-2005 by the brain]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Do you think NASA was lying about the composition of mars the whole time?
What if mars actually had a high oxygen atmosphere but NASA is covering it up.
anything that has landed on mars was american everybody elses ship didn;t make it.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
THIS JUST IN.... THere are canals on Mars...WAIT..Whats this?....
THere is a Giant FACE on MARS....

Mars observers have been seeing manufactured shapes on Mars since before Lowell mapped it with his telescope. Now that we are on Mars, people still want to see something unnatural. Just as it did to Lowell, the human eye has a keen ability to form shapes from abstract structures.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Speaking of the Face... I enlarged the face greatly from a very detailed original, its till quite detailed.

FACE

I dont care what "experts" say... I think it looks artificial. Im sure it must have been much more detailed originally, but through erosion and collapse (right side) it has become disfigured somewhat.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
those glass tunnels are freaky looking........

Granted some of the pics are natural occurances, but all?

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I saw this article.
www.newscientistspace.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This thread has become very intresting and informal
For sure NASA has been covering up a load of information......for all we know we already have people on mars lol. Those glass tubes look pretty crazy If I remember correctly NASA was going to use canyons as natural colonies....all they had to do was put up a roof and pump in oxygen and you got your self a cheap place to stay

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The pic of the dome structure looks like someone threw a golf ball into the dust really hard.

I guess there's nothing we can do now if these big space agencies are covering up something. Wait until someone sends a probe there through the private sector. Have patience

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnpluggedAnd btw, great video Denied!
love that track... anyone know what its called?

If you and anyone else is still wondering, it's "Life on Mars" by David Bowie.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FactoryLad

Originally posted by UnpluggedAnd btw, great video Denied!
love that track... anyone know what its called?

If you and anyone else is still wondering, it's "Life on Mars" by David Bowie.

Hi Denied, hope you enjoyed the vid i sent you, i spent a good couple of hours putting that together for you, a simple thanks would'nt go amiss

but nevermind.

All the best... iamian

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I watched it now.....that was really good how u put that all together....
Some very good and interesting pics.....

Nice work

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yeah, that was a cool video. Nice work. Crazy pics.

Zip

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Whats all that about with the dolphin image and the Egyptian woman.....
Thats really freaky stuff, and what do they mean.

Once again very good vid.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
I watched it now.....that was really good how u put that all together....
Some very good and interesting pics.....

Nice work

All i did was search the net for pictures of Mars anomolies, imported them into Windows Media player, then imported the aptly titled david bowie soundtrack, then put it on Photobucket and wham bam thank you man, quite easy to do, and enjoyable.

All the best.. ian

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
but ive never seen those indentations of actual mammals and humans.
Where did u find those?what details were given about it.?

Its that kinda weird to u?

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
www.metaresearch.org... ar%20system/cydonia/asom/pressconf_nyc/Artificial%20Structures%20on%20Mars-NYC.htm

and heres a bit about the dolphin....

VI: Artistic imagery

34. “Seahorse”: This familiar shape appears in an area of Cydonia just below an apparent artistic image of a “waterfall”, and in immediate proximity (in other images) to shapes associated with aquatic organisms and underwater scenes: a “fish”, a “crab”, and the “dolphin” below, among others. The context and relationships, rather than just the shape, are suggestive of an artificial origin. Source: www.msss.com... ab1_m04/images/M0304566.html.

35. “Dolphin”: A second familiar shape from the aquatic area of cydonia. The shape just below the “dolphin” image shown may be a companion dolphin.

36. “Scorpion”: In an apparent insect-like species area, we see this possible “scorpion” near a possible “spider” image (not shown). The comparison figure reveals that detail in the “stinger”, “body”, and “claws” may be seen. Source: .

37. “Animal with antlers”: This shape has broken lines, suggesting windblown sand covering it in places. Nearby shapes are present, but not easily recognizable as anything familiar, perhaps because they too are partially covered by sand. Source: .

38. “Small animal”: This has the appearance of a distinct animal shape, with legs, body, head, eye, and possibly horns. The inset is a guide to the eye to evaluate the actual image from Mars on the left. Source: www.msss.com... M0307455.html.

39. “Bird”: In a different part of the same strip image that contains the preceding “small animal”, we see this familiar shape too. The body markings are rich in detail, and suggestive of “feathers”. Eventual color images will determine if colors are appropriate for the artificial interpretation. Colors that stay consistent within lines is something unlikely to happen by chance. Source: www.msss.com... images/M0307455.

40. “Scene”: This artistic image is so rich in detail that, when sections are magnified, multiple interpretations are possible. The advanced artists who did this, assuming it is artificial, may have intended that the appearance change with viewing angle or lighting. Source: www.msss.com...

41. “Child”: Located immediately adjacent to the main Cydonia Face on its north side, this proximity supports intelligent layout of Cydonia shapes. While very low in contrast (presumably because of overblown sand), the lines and darkened areas comprising this figure are complete, with few, if any, random lines. Source: .

42. “Nefertiti face”: One needs to study this image with an excellent monitor and good imaging software to see the amazing degree of detail present. For example, even features as small as the eyelashes over the eye, visible in the artist’s inset, come from the actual Mars image, and involve no artistic license. Source: barsoom.msss.com...

43. “Profile face”: With forehead, eye, nose, mouth, chin, neck, and ear, this profile of a face (also in the Cydonia area) shows that his nearby, more famous cousin is by no means the only significant face portrayal on Mars, or even in the Cydonia region. Source: .

44. “Crowned face”: While not near the Cydonia area, this face portrayal is again striking for the richness of its detail, far better than the typical face arising in clouds or geological formations on Earth. The latter tend to be distorted and grotesque when they are more than simply impressionistic. Source: www.msss.com... images/M0203051.html."

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join