It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield Radiation - DU Vet: 'My Days Are Numbered'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Seekerof
When I get the time, I am going to spank you on this issue.
seekerof

Promises, promises...

Noticing that you singled in on a hot line, Benevolent Heretic, in doing so, I know that you undoubtedly missed this last mention by me related to this certainly debatable topic?

You know, I grow weary in presenting further valid and credible sourcings to counter this, as has already been presented in a variety of topics and discussions related to DU and/or this matter and issue. You can join an activism group on this for all I care. The sources 'for' and 'against' have credibly presented and represent both sides of the argument. The issue of DU will undoubtedly continue on for quite some time, with or without further imput from you or I. I have chosen to let the sourcings presented for both sides of this debate speak for themselves from here on out. To continue to debate this issue or matter is like following circle logic; the debate simply goes round and round with neither side reaching any type agreement. It is senseless to continue such redundancy.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Lets Check your 4 Links you posted to add to this Debate:

The links presented by me are subject to the point I am trying to make at that particular point in the discussion, those links were the most appropriate because they give the official position of the Govt. and the steps they have taken in the greatest detail possible. Also the depth of the study and the analysis are all well referenced and thus enhance the document credibility. They served more as reference rather than any sanctioned proof of my claims and I feel those whom it was meant for have interpreted them as such.

Well it definitely cant beat "commondreams.com" for credibility can it ?

BTW you have still not responded to my earlier post on the FAS vs commondreams !

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
The links presented by me are subject to the point I am trying to make at that particular point in the discussion, those links were the most appropriate because they give the official position of the Govt. and the steps they have taken in the greatest detail possible. Also the depth of the study and the analysis are all well referenced and thus enhance the document credibility. They served more as reference rather than any sanctioned proof of my claims and I feel those whom it was meant for have interpreted them as such.

Yeah, but still don't you think that .MIL sites are a little Biased when talking about Weapons? After all, they are sponsored by the Army, and I am sure the Army does not want to hear any "Liberal Whinning" how DU is Bad and how DU is Harmful and how DU is slowly killing US veterans. I am sure that they want YOU (and other Readers) to think, that DU is GOOD, that DU is GREAT that DU is MARVELOUS and that any "Liberal Whinning" - such as comes on the Common Dreams - is Wrong and basicly a Islamo-Fascist Propaganda, designed to portray the US Goverment in a Bad, Imperialisic Light, which is ofcoures WRONG!

I am sorry - but as I have answered to Seekerof, when he "compared" BBC and RAND - I would take Common Dreams instead of FAS anytime of the Week and Twice on Sundays.

Ya Understand maN?

[edit on 5/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Where as you are just linking to government sanctioned sites, and can no way verify what they are saying, can you?

I have a similar predicament, I have access to medical people who served then that say contrary and I cant invite you over to meet them can I ? Do the official sites represent 100% of the truth, NO but they do present all details without which it wouldnt be possible to understand my point.
Also the Institute of molecular medicine is an independent body that is not controlled by the DoD, they have said in the results that GWI and vaccines have no concrete relation. They have also presented their methodology and their findings on the net. What further verification would one want ?

jeez I didn't say everybody had them but MOST have some or all of them...

But thats what you said :

There's a couple more I forget right now. Those are your same "freakin symptoms"...Common too all GWI vets.

BS again, I was not part of a forward unit, NAVY, we were in the Red Sea...

As they officially stated people as far as the port of Baharain were vaccinated, as for units in the Red Sea I have no idea. I personally was in Riyadh region during the later part of the war.

If I was told to go jump in a minefield I would have said screw you and I would have been in the right to do so. Unlawfull order!

A dangerous order cannot be considered an unlawful order even if it is suicidal, remember the unit that refused to do the convoy run in Iraq because they thought it was too dangerous, they were court marshaled! And especially in War if you disobey a commissioned officer the penalty is death.

Would it really? You mean those that are sick now would have died quicker?
Or it would have justified using us as lab rats?
Or maybe we were just lied to again, and there were no chemical weopons?

No, I mean people would be rallying as to why the US govt. didn’t send in its troops with adequate protection even though the military had a TESTED yet uncertified by the FDA vaccine available and why so many died so horribly!!

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Yeah, but still don't you think that .MIL sites are a little Biased when talking about Weapons? After all, they are sponsored by the Army,

They arent talking about weapons were they? They were talking about GWI and its causes, its effects and the steps taken by the govt in handling this.
Every major institution is influenced by the Govt or receives some funding from the govt, do we simply distrust them all ? The FBI which is part of the GOvt brought to light the nixon deal and many other scandals. Why is it so ?
Just because institues or organizations get funding by the military doesnt mean that they are all biased, that is mere genralization. People have pride in themselves, their work and are dedicated to this country, that is what makes this nation great.

and I am sure the Army does not want to hear any "Liberal Whinning" how DU is Bad

I am glad that you finally realized that your agenda comes under "liberal Whinning" and is Anti-American propaganda. But rest assured the Military is interested in its members and their well being, what sense is their in killing off your own experienced force and using untrained recruits in battle ? None. It would be both economically as well as strategically disadvantageous for the country. That is not what the military wants or any sane american wants for their country.

I am sorry - but as I have answered to Seekerof, when he "compared" BBC and RAND - I would take Common Dreams instead of FAS anytime of the Week and Twice on Sundays.

So who is biased here ? Even when presented with the overwhelming truth and fact, which even you have grudgingly accepted, you DENY it !! Why ? Because it suits you agenda and anything that is contrary even if you know its true you will simply refuse to accept it.
Is that Brainwashing or what ?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Just my humble opinion. I truly believe that Some of the Depleted Uranium ammunition used. Could endorse "Defects". But miniscule amounts of Radiation will always increase Genetic mistakes. (Also to point out, Explosions will release small amounts of Radiation from Atoms damaged from the blast. And then a Gieger counter finds evidence. Whoopie.)

Also Uranium by nature has Radiation properties. So when They find "radiation" by a Gieger counter. Agian whoopie. How do think they find "Uranium" in the first place?

(Which is ironic. That those who Cripe about DU ammunition Fri themselves in tanning beds.)

Anyway, "Cough" Bosnia. Had it as well. So The lib's lunacy is Shown by their "Republican led conspiracy" While ignoring their Own Democrat parties part in the DUP cover up as well.

(Side note- Due to people unique Biology. Any Vaccine can induce a Chemical reaction harmful to the human Body. All you need is to have one DNA quirk, and Then your Dead. Such is the nature of medicine's.)

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Nothing astonishing here, Souljah.
Of course you would take to reading a hyped propaganda source over a scientific community's word and findings anytime of the week and twice on Sundays, and that, I have no doubt of. That, my friend, is the difference between what you and I see as credible sourcing.

seekerof

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101]
Every major institution is influenced by the Govt or receives some funding from the govt, do we simply distrust them all ? The FBI which is part of the GOvt brought to light the nixon deal and many other scandals. Why is it so ?

But you have posted .MIL sites, which are directly linked to the MILitary, meaning that the MILitary gives them Money and Jobs, meaning that if they write something Against MILitary, they would get Closed. Seriously - did you ever see a .MIL site talking about HARMFUL effects of Depleted Uranium?

But rest assured the Military is interested in its members and their well being, what sense is their in killing off your own experienced force and using untrained recruits in battle? None. It would be both economically as well as strategically disadvantageous for the country. That is not what the military wants or any sane american wants for their country.

So - if the Military "Cares" for Veterans, how come that President Bush CUT the veteran's Health Care Budget for 850$ in 2004? Now, that is not a Wise "Strategic" move, don't you agree?

Veterans' Benefits: The Bush budget plan slashes benefits for veterans by eliminating funding for state programs that provide veterans with long-term care, more than doubling prescription drug co-payments for some veterans, and requiring them to pay an annual enrollment fee of $250. The Bush plan would also trim nursing home care by $351 million, which would eliminate approximately 5,000 beds in nursing homes run by the Veterans Administration.
www.afscme.org...

And I BET that the Military Budget WONT Suffer this Year either...

So who is biased here ? Even when presented with the overwhelming truth and fact, which even you have grudgingly accepted, you DENY it !!

Why are YOU Denying my Sources?
What makes you so much Better, so you CAN do that and I Can not?
How come that YOUR Sources have "TRUTH AND FACTS" and Mine do not?

[edit on 8/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Seekerof, since you like the .mil sites, here's a DOD document you can debunk if you like...
It's pretty clear just in that sample of many documents that the stuff isn't like cleaning up silly string. And please feel free to read through this thread and dispute anything I have posted there as well.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Weaponizing Depleted Uranium is an abomination, anyway you slice it.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

- did you ever see a .MIL site talking about HARMFUL effects of Depleted Uranium?

If you open your mind to the world you can see everything!!
From a ".mil" site, the very same site that is run by the military:

www.gulflink.osd.mil...
Q. What makes depleted uranium a potential hazard?

A. Depleted uranium is a heavy metal that is also slightly radioactive. Heavy metals (uranium, lead, tungsten, etc.) have chemical toxicity properties that, in high doses, can cause adverse health effects.
During and after the Gulf War, personnel awareness of the hazards posed by battlefield depleted uranium contamination was generally low. As a result, many personnel did not practice field-expedient measures that would have prevented or mitigated possible exposures.

The two main areas that were not adequately addressed before the Gulf War were:

* The medical implications of embedded fragments and
* Exposure estimates for friendly fire incidents, recovery activities, and incidental contact scenarios.

What do you have to say to that!!
That is credibility!

So - if the Military "Cares" for Veterans, how come that President Bush CUT the veteran's Health Care Budget for 850$ in 2004? Now, that is not a Wise "Strategic" move, don't you agree?

Because if the Govt doesnt have enough for the standing army, how can the support the veterans?? The Global War on Terror is costly and we are the only ones making any serious contributions to that cause, so definitely people would expect budget cuts from the more impractical areas and channel money where it is needed without needlesly burdening the economy.
That is strategic.

Why are YOU Denying my Sources?
What makes you so much Better, so you CAN do that and I Can not?
How come that YOUR Sources have "TRUTH AND FACTS" and Mine do not?

Finally a very good question by you Souljah and one that you should have asked more peoples views about.
Why are people laughing at your sources and never accept them ?
Maybe it is due to the fact that you think "commondreams.com" is much more credible than Fas.org could be the reason! That is just one example.
Also coupled with your propensity to find the most inane and the most spitefull peices of "opinion" on the net and claim them to be universal truths ?
Or is it the reckless abandon of simple logic in a discussion and merely resorting to "out-quoting " your opponents to making a point ?
I could go on and on but I think you get the idea or dont you ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join