It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 25 fact or fiction and now the rest of the Story

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

Why is Santa called Santa anyway?

"Hey dude" was taken
San Ta "Maria"

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iesous
Nice try Einstein
You have to either left justify columns or
Right justify
alignment!

He just didn't want to bother with the base calculations. Each one of those numbers is in a different base originally, and they all line up perfectly. However, for those of use who aren't math geniuses, he converted them back to decimal so we could see what he was talking about.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnterMir
also jesus wasnt born in december, reading the bible suggest he was born in april or may, i dont remeber the exact details but appearantly that was the time of year agustus did that "go back to your homeland" taxes/census (hence joseph going back to his home town and couldnt find a hotel) and also the shepards were out with their flocks (which is seasonal and occurs in the spring) to whom the angels showed up...

[edit on 4-12-2005 by UnterMir]

I do understand what you are saying;
Actually further research OUTSIDE the Bible, will indicate that Jesus would have been born around the time of the feast of lights, or Hannukah.
If you play that against what the Bible says you can see it there too, though.

Someone above also posted that Christmas was used to try getting the Pagans to come into the church, which I agree with.
Now the question is; if having an orgy in the church would bring in the sinners, I guess we should do that too, huh?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
He just didn't want to bother with the base calculations. Each one of those numbers is in a different base originally, and they all line up perfectly. /quote]

Dear Dreamer

If it had he would have posted it by the way if the numbers were in a diffrent base they wouldn't have the same digits - your full of it!

Since you know so little of numbers please run along and play with your other peers at the adult school - maybe take algebra

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjo_guru

Originally posted by UnterMir
also jesus wasnt born in december, reading the bible suggest he was born in april or may, i dont remeber the exact details but appearantly that was the time of year agustus did that "go back to your homeland" taxes/census (hence joseph going back to his home town and couldnt find a hotel) and also the shepards were out with their flocks (which is seasonal and occurs in the spring) to whom the angels showed up...

[edit on 4-12-2005 by UnterMir]

I do understand what you are saying;
Actually further research OUTSIDE the Bible, will indicate that Jesus would have been born around the time of the feast of lights, or Hannukah.
If you play that against what the Bible says you can see it there too, though.

Someone above also posted that Christmas was used to try getting the Pagans to come into the church, which I agree with.
Now the question is; if having an orgy in the church would bring in the sinners, I guess we should do that too, huh?

Staff included!

mod edit, cryptic profanity

[edit on 5-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You know, the people I feel sorry for are the people who still inhabit jungles and barren lands and don't use mathmatics the way we do.
The poor saps have been created by God and because they've never calculated the maker's name with, maybe river rocks or strips of bark, they have unknowingly doomed themselves to be shunned at the gates of heaven.
If only more people could count and I'm just wondering... is it REALLY important the date of Jesus's birth?

Do think that it maybe that we constantly look for clues because our faith may be waning or that we may not be able to appreciate the vastness of what our perception of reality is.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I am very glad to see that there are others than myself who know the real history of this "holy day."
Nothing holy about it unless you are a pagan. I gave it up years ago when the knowlege of this began to pray upon my conscience. I havent celebrated it for many years now. I just got off the treadmill cold turkey one year.
ONe more thing... the cross has its origins in pagansim too. It is the intersecetion of the male and female principles. It is fertility symbolism. It never was Christian.
The Christian is to be in Faith believing not in crosses , fishs or any other animal or beast or idol.

This is the most intresting revelation to me ..both olde and new testaments. No where in olde or new testaments do you ever find a instruction to celebrate a birthday. Ever!! This was not a Hebrew custom. It would not have come into practcice among the apostles. Birthdays, however, are a known practice among pagans.
The meaning of the wise men ..or maji was that they recognized Him as a legitimate King. The custom of the day was to bring gifts to a King. Not for birthdays. In our psuedo intelligence today we forget this piece of history.

One of the dumbest stupidist pieces of misinformation I have seen by "experts" is the telling of a christmas story in a television interview by a historian at Colonial Williamsburg..about 30miles north of here. The reporter asked the historian if there were any surviving examples of how the early colonialists decorated their homes for christmas. This educated colonial historian was so dumb as to declare that they have no surviving records of how they decorated thier homes for christmas..but we think they would have decorated in this manner...and went on to give examples...you know...dramatization!!! What a deciever. The early colonialists did not celebrate christmas..and didnt decorate their homes..only pagans did this. It is often astonishing to me the lengths that "experts" will go to ..in keeping up the deception. Yet they know what I am telling is true. Be very careful about what passes for experts.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Bravo Orangetom1999, I agree that so-called experts spew out what they believe may have or not happened and speak in such a manner as to indicate the information is fact.

I recently was queried on this site, when discussing the star of Bethlehem and had to
'cave in' to another's view because I felt I may have insulted him.
But the bible was compiled by people with hopes, ignorrance and agendas, so
I do find it difficult to explain to people that the stories from the past, the realities of
the past and peoples faiths should always remain apart.
Religeon may be a social tool to control the masses and to give people hope and
urge them to aspire to do good.
Again, I don't mean to insult or belittle anyone's religeous beliefs, it's just that certain
facts are omitted from the bible and possibly (I haven't checked) other faith documents.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I may agree that Christmas and Santa Claus and Decorations and the Cross and whatever were once Pagan symbols, but how does this affect the way, or rather reason as to why we now celebrate Christmas?

Most Christians who celebrate the day do so to give praise/worship the Lord and Jesus. It doesn't matter to us now (from a religeous stand point) if Joe Blog tried to introduce a pagan symbol into the Christian faith a thousand years ago for whatever reason. Now, my celebration of Christmas is a symbolic gesture to give thanks to and praise the Lord for having given us his Son.

Often people are molested or slandered for unknowingly using pagan symbols, as in the many things that surround Christmas. What matters in these things is your intention for using/celebrating whatever ritual. I know that I don't celebrate Christmas as a pagan ritual, I know that I celebrate Christmas as a gesture of my love for Jesus/God, and God can see into every person's heart and knows for what reasons you do things.

If you celebrate Christmas as a pagan rite, then God will know, if you celebrate out of love, God will know.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus
If you celebrate Christmas as a pagan rite, then God will know, if you celebrate out of love, God will know.

I think this is absolutely right...the Creator will know that we love Him/Her by showing our respect. It's so much better than not believing, imo.

The thing is that pagans of various types celebrate the winter solstice, not Christmas.
The Jewish faith celebrates Hanukkah over the same period of time, also rather than Chrismas.
That Christians celebrate Christmas is wonderful...nothing wrong with it.

At the same cold wintry time of the year, we can all have a good break and be with friends and family to celebrate and worship together. That's what we should be focussed on and not pointing to differing faiths as being detrimental. I'm happy that I'm not alone in believing in a God or a Creator.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I am going to recap what I posted earlier and take it further this time.

We have no instruction ..olde or new testament to celebrate a birthday for all days belong to the Lord. We do have a instruction not to honor one day above another.
Birthdays were not celebrated among the Hebrews nor the apostles. Birthdays were celebrated among the pagans..or sometimes called the heathen.
We in our haste to make merry often forget that the importance of the Word is for what He died...his death, burial, and reserection ...not his birth. This is very easy to get lost in and forget while making merry. Experts have worked very hard to cover this up.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I heartily concur Orangetom............
Glad to see someone else has done research and had their eyes opened to the 'REAL Constantine'
Banjo

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
what is it with people trying to use math to explain faith?

honestly, i just baffles me when i click on a thread i expect to be a debate on something that's merely historical, and i get smacked in the face by math.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
yeah..you have me chuckling to myself here at the computer desk. I agree.

As a Christian I am to be in Faith believing ..not in numbers or even numerology...but Faith.

Also to go further and use the Keep it Simple Stupid principle..KISS..those long list of numbers add little to the topic for the average reader.
Up to the point of reading your post I have refrained on commenting on this. Nevertheless I agree with what you are saying. Keep it simple stupid!!! Wise words from some sage somewhere out there.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I too am a skeptic on numbers stuff.
It seems they find all these hidden meanings in the text of KJV, using numerology...BUT... the original scriptures were written in Hebrew, so how is all that even valid anyway?
God doesn't speak English, his language is Hebrew..
Banjo

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The bible in the KJV Olde testament is from Hebrew..in the New Testament it is from Koine Greek.

That I Know of the codes are usable in Hebrew not English.

Also what I know of the bible is that it is spiritually discerned...not in numbers or numerology. Not in codes. Codes and hidden numbers are from occult principles.

It is about Faith...begining to end.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
December 25th was chosen by a pope (forget which one). The reason is to do with the winter solstice and that there was a certain time between Christmas and Easter Sunday which was on Passover. That's something along the lines which I was taught in my RE class.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I understand how you feel about what you said about NO birthdays
being celebrated in the bible and that It seems odd that we're asked
to believe the Nativity story.
Maybe it is something to do with the Winter Soltice, maybe it's a
'made-up' celebration to assist in the pagans of Europe in believing in
Christianity or it may be something to 'help' the fur-wrapped, ignorant
peasants through the cold winters, I don't know... I wasn't there.

But... IT IS a pleasant tale that leaves the less cynical of us with a smile
on their faces and regardless of whether it's based on fact or not, it smacks
of hope, which is the basic backbone of these vague/ censored epistles.
Are you saying there was no 'lickle baby Jesus'? no kings with gold, Frankenstein
and Mirth!
I find it alarming that the Frankie Goes to Hollywood video may be wrong.
Anyway, merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There's a thing..a facet of how people naturally behave ..act ..conduct themselves..often without thinking about a thing.
You know what I mean ..if a thing is to good to be true it probably isnt true...or at least the source of it isnt true.
With most people ..if a thing is pretty ..attractive..presented correctly ..it has to be good...and good for you ...doesnt it???. It must always play through unquestioned..unchallanged. It must be good for us ..its pretty.!!! Isnt it????!!!
If its pretty it appeals to our emotions...and our emotions cant be wrong can they..its pretty...after all..were good people..all of us and we deserve pretty. We deserve good things..especially prettys!! It says so in the Bible doesnt it????!!! Pretty=good and good for us....yes????!! Of course it does....!!!!
People are conditioned to go way around the block forewards and backwards and upside down if necessary in order to buy into or be part of something pretty!!!! They dont ever think for themselves but just respond to this stimulus. Pretty=good and good for us. Who can question that???
We can make up all kinds of storys to support pretty..and the habits and lifestyles of pretty!!!! WE can even teach a lie to get people to go further for pretty!! Do we do this???? A whole entire cycle of behavior..around this sociological event...to cover and hide the conduct we should be doing all year long..not just on a special season.

It is in the nature of a thing..learn to look underneath..peel back the vineer and look underneath..where its not pretty!!! It hides the conduct we should be doing all year long..not just a special day..or season.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
There's a thing..a facet of how people naturally behave ..act ..conduct themselves..often without thinking about a thing.
You know what I mean ..if a thing is to good to be true it probably isnt true...or at least the source of it isnt true.
With most people ..if a thing is pretty ..attractive..presented correctly ..it has to be good...and good for you ...doesnt it???. It must always play through unquestioned..unchallanged. It must be good for us ..its pretty.!!! Isnt it????!!!
If its pretty it appeals to our emotions...and our emotions cant be wrong can they..its pretty...after all..were good people..all of us and we deserve pretty. We deserve good things..especially prettys!! It says so in the Bible doesnt it????!!! Pretty=good and good for us....yes????!! Of course it does....!!!!
People are conditioned to go way around the block forewards and backwards and upside down if necessary in order to buy into or be part of something pretty!!!! They dont ever think for themselves but just respond to this stimulus. Pretty=good and good for us. Who can question that???
We can make up all kinds of storys to support pretty..and the habits and lifestyles of pretty!!!! WE can even teach a lie to get people to go further for pretty!! Do we do this???? A whole entire cycle of behavior..around this sociological event...to cover and hide the conduct we should be doing all year long..not just on a special season.

It is in the nature of a thing..learn to look underneath..peel back the vineer and look underneath..where its not pretty!!! It hides the conduct we should be doing all year long..not just a special day..or season.

Thanks,
Orangetom

There now, a sensible chap... well done sir.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join