It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farewell My Filtered Friends

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
ahhh....the setbacks. Surely they are inevitable. I've certainly had mine.

Just got back from drinking too much at a party. I had to have a little taste - seems harmless in my inebrated state. I'll probably feel differently about it in about 12 hours but, for now, it seems mostly harmless. Fortunately, I was not so inebriated that I forgot to keep it down to just a little taste.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Hmmmm ... I wonder where I was when this post came out? This discussion would have really helped me in my numerous attempts to quit. I was able to stop cold turkey but the moment I had a drink in my hand (alcoholic beverage that is) I was on a quest to find a smoke. Luckily though I tried it again and haven't smoked since November of last year and that's mainly because of my workout routine. Having to run 2.5 miles 4 times a week is a valuable deterent of wanting to smoke and for the most part it's worked. My input to this topic was more or less a "you can do it speech" you just have to be dedicated to the effort. Your body will thank you for it.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Where were you?
sneakin out back to have a smoke? LOL

Thanks for your words of support, some of us are having a harder time than others. I for one, have been sneaking a smoke or two, nearly 3 times a week.
Then that whole tooth fiasco..But I'm doing much better.
Especially with all the atta-boys form here, and from others..
I'm just not realy an ex-smoker yet..

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yes we will all get through this!!

I myself am going to purchase that smoke away system, my friend swears by it, 100 bucks or so is better than the alternative!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Do U mind telling us a lil more about that Dust ? My mother says she would pay anything for me to quit lol she's so sweet

I had a terrible ay yesterday (and fortunately baby was there for me to vent once I got home, ty baby! mmmwuah!)

I won't go into the story as it is quite detailed and I'll probably just get frustrated all over again and want a smoke lol but to tell the part that relates, I ended up going for a loooooooong walk down the main road to get patches as I had decided to try go without them and see how I went ... well that was just the wrong day for that lol

The brand I had purchased for the Level 2 dosage has Level 1 as the LAST step ie: less nicotine, however the pack I purchased of another brand at this pharmacy has Level 1 as the FIRST step and the people there were not helpful at all (the heffa thought it more important to ask me if I had had any nightmares or erotic dreams, yeah like that's more important U perverted wench! grrrr lol) so I put one on still without realizing, and by the time I got back to my Aunt's my arm was itching like crazy, burning and all red so I had to take it off, then I realized why *sigh*

It was a bad day but I still didn't smoke

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

Do U mind telling us a lil more about that Dust ? My mother says she would pay anything for me to quit lol she's so sweet

Here is the website for that system, much cheaper than I thought, could of sworn my dad and my friend said they payed $100 for it!

Official Site

Keep those chins up guy's and gal's!!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
cool thanks, will check it out when I get home

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ok I just purchased that smoke away with expedited shipping, should get here by the time I am done with my last pack! I'll keep everyone updated

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
update

Just visitied my Doc for my latest "monitoring of progress".

Weight is now 202, down a total of 4 pounds
BP is 100/70 (all within the norms now!)
O2 level is up from 94 to 97, and origianlly 91

Just thought you 'd like to see how cutting down, and quitting has immediate effects on your health...

Cheers!

Keep at it kids...we'll have a drink later..

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
my update:

Still not one day without smoking. I smoke a lot less and rarely during office hours but still, I find cutting down to be not that hard - stopping altogether has been, so far, impossible. I'm not giving up!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
DOn't give up..

Are you on patches, or gum, or something like that?

The gum is realy working for me..
The 4Mg dose, makes me fee like I just ATE a cigar...
Very good negative reinforcement...the LOOK of a cigarette makes me wanna puke...almost...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

The gum is realy working for me..
The 4Mg dose, makes me fee like I just ATE a cigar...
Very good negative reinforcement...the LOOK of a cigarette makes me wanna puke...almost...

Is that what it really tastes like?? (the gum?)
One time I tried to quit I actually tried eating a cigarette minus the filter hoping I would throw up and psychologically make myself not want another cig...Didn't work though, and I didn't throw up either..:bnghd:
Kind of tasted like dry dirt...

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yep, it tastes nasty.
And whats weird, is, with every new piece, I get the hiccups for about 5 minutes..

BTW...

All EX and future ex smokers, please checkin with us...let us know how you are doing!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I really want to quit... but I kind of don't at the same time. When I think about quitting, I know I'll almost miss having a cigarette in my hand. It's physically impossible for me to drink alcohol and not smoke.

I have, however, cut down a hell of a lot.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
xeroxed88

That was EXACTLY my problem...
I visited a doctor first, and told him all of that..
In my case, he prescribed a tranquilizer...
It helped a LOT..but not with my typing..

Go see a doctor maybe?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
That's a good idea, I just might do that.

I remember quitting this time last year, I lasted four days without a cigarette and then I got a REALLY bad throat infection, I smoked half of one of my Mum's menthol cigarettes and it pretty much went away.

Is there such a thing as being allergic to fresh air?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The other good part about working with a Doc, is you can track your progress..
If you go back and read....My vitals have improved quite a bit...
BP, blood o2 content etc...
It was worth it for me to do it that way..
Even if I don't feel all that much healthier right away..
I have some numbers to show that I am improving..

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yeah, man. I read those
Good work, by the way. Seeing all of you quitting is pushing me closer to the borders of Quit-Smoking-Ville.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I was just readin' up on some pretty interesting numbers in terms of how much money you end up saving if you quit smoking. Pretty amazing~

If you smoke a pack a day $3.55 ~ in a year that would average to about $1192.80 (dependin' on if you stick to a pack a day).

If you smoke a pack and a half $5.33 ~ in a year that would average to about $1790.88 roughly.

If you smoke 2 packs a day $7.10 (and yes some people can do that) ~ in a year that would average to about $2385.60 roughly.

If you smoke 2 and a half packs a day $8.88 (amazing) ~ that would average to about $2983.68. That's alot of money!!

I've always thought that one good way to get information through to people is by shock therapy. Tell them all the bad stuff it can do to you ~ when in reality it's all true because you can't get anything good out of it. When I go to "Ask Jeeves.com" and type in "What are the effects of cigarette smoking" at least 19 pages worth of info comes up. That's just coming from one website so you can imagine how much more info there is.

Smoking cigarettes can cause:
Bronchitis
Emphysema
Lung Cancer
Heart disease

Smoking cigars can cause:
Bronchitis
Cancer of the mouth
Heart disease

Just to name a few. So I salute every individual that strives to kick the habit. It's definitely hard and people have different levels of will power but if you can persuade yourself to not light that cigarette your journey to kickin' the habit has already begun. Keep up the good work

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Seeing that, I'm quitting as of now. Apart from a few hours later today when I'm at the pub. But, other than that, I'm definately going to try my best to stop smoking the sticks of death.

Just out of interest, how many days/weeks/months does it take to be classed as a "non-smoker"?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join