It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farewell My Filtered Friends

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hey! I didn't know we had one of these topics here - that's great.
As of tonight, 11:50 PM, I will be 5 months 100% smoke free. I'm really proud of everyone fighting the fight.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i dont think ill ever smoke after reading all this
you all have acomplished somethin

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Had to have surgery on both legs with blocks that amounted to have the surgery or lose the legs. Doctors said it was due to my total of 30 years of cigarette habit.

I quit for the 2nd time the same day I went into the hospital for the surgery, even talked my doctor into giving me a patch while Iwas in the hospital for 8 days. (First time I quit it lasted 18 years before I picked it up again so ex-smokers beware).

So far I'm cigarette free for nearly 5 years this time. It helps greatly that no one around me smokes, cuz when I'm around someone who does, it's still hard not to ask for a cigarette! At least now I know that the number of years free doesn't mean forever free and I'm more careful when I'm around smokers not to get a strong shot of smoke in my nose or mouth, cuz that is what starts the desire to ask for a cigarette.

Praying helps.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wow, thats awesome that more of you are quitting.
I wish you all the best of luck..
I'm still around, so if things are bugging you..post something here..
Or U2U me...I'll be happy to listen..Or help if I can..

way to go!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Im kind of quitting... I've only had about 4 cigs today, as opposed to my 15 - 20 a day. To be quite honest, it's driving me absolutely bloody insane... I'd love to just be able to grab a cig and smoke it.

The only reason why I aren't smoking is because I have no bloody money to buy any (I'm serious, I have about 20p to my name).

It's not the chemical addiction that's pissing me off, it's the psychological addiction. I don't even know if I want to quit, but I know I should for the benefit of my wallet and my health, I guess I'll just miss being able to sit back and chill, while puffing on a nice death stick.

It doesn't help that my mum smokes; I tell myself I won't ask for a cigarette from her, but I always end up asking.

I just want one last cigarette... but then I'll want another one a few hours later.

Withdrawal absolutely sucks more than anything. If somebody said, "You can either have a pack of 10 cigarettes or £50", I would, without question, take the smokes.

Grrrrrrrrrrr! I miss cigarettes. :bnghd:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hang in there buddy.
I'm with you on this..You're still young enough for this smoking thing to have a minor impact on your overall health. Think about that.

You could quit "tomorrow", but the tomorrows come faster and faster, then,
In the blink of an eye, you've been smoking for 10-15 even 20 years..
You don't want that, and I certainly don't want that for you either!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thanks, spacedoubt.

It's 3.30am and I can't sleep cause I'm craving a smoke so damn badly. I'm even more cranky cause I (attempted) replied to this thread a minute ago and the bloody browser crashed! :bnghd:

I'm meant to be looking for a job later today...

"Hi, I'm just wondering if you have any jobs available? Oh, and also, do you have any cigs?" :bash:

The only thing I'm looking forward to is the heat over the next week or so. It's going to be around 30 degrees celcius today, and 33 degrees celcius on wednesday! Yay!

See, I'm rambling on about complete nonsense... blame the lack of nicotine. :shk:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hey stick with it.
I went 27 days and am going to do it again soon, only this time I hope I can quit for good.

In BC Canada, they are refuse some people surger unless they quit smoking. It has happend a couple of my frieds. It is truely sad.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I still smoke now, but I've cut down a hell of a lot, which I guess is better than nothing. I (finally) have a job now, so the stress amounts are much less and also, when I'm working I don't even think about smoking because I'm busy.

I only smoke large amounts when I'm having nights out with my friends, which is once a week.

Life is good.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
about to have a bidi, as i can't have something else, so yeah I suck.

not addicted... yet.

but man need a lil stress relief.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Ok so I suck because I haven't visited this thread in a while and well it's because after I had quit for a solid month I took to smoking again once we moved to Japan! Ughhhhhhh!! I hate it but I am alone during the day alot and there are cigarette vending machines on almost every street!!! So I'm smoking out of boredom more than anything else. It sucks cause I try to take my mnd off it and get out for a walk to get some excercise and end up buying a pack on my way home lol

*sigh*

BUT I am going to try getting hypnotized to quit. I know a few people who have succesfully quit this way so I am going for it in 2 weeks while I am back home in Aus vacationing, going with my sister.

Wish me luck! and kudos to U all for fighting the good fight!

[edit on 26-9-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say I've quit

all it took was smoking on a collapsed lung wooha!

Wheres my PS3?

/holds out hands/

[edit on 18-11-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I also have decided to quit 2 days ago. So Im right there with ya bro. :bnghd:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Although I smoke about a pack in a half a day and have no desire to quit. I think a good way to cut way back is to start rolling your own ciggarettes. For example, at work if you have a 10 minute break, you roll one, takes 5 minutes, then 5 minutes to smoke it, better than conviently smoking 2.

I have read buying fresh tobacco isn't as bad for you. Also unfiltered ciggarettes are harsher and you won't smoke it all.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I have slowed down my smokes so far from 2 packs a day to less than half a pack.

They don't taste the same anymore. I think I am redeveloping my sense of taste.

To tell you the truth they taste pretty much like licking an ash tray.

But I do still have the urge to light up.

At the rate I am going, I will quit.

For real this time!

Perhaps by this time next month, I will be smoke free!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join