Farewell My Filtered Friends

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
Seeing that, I'm quitting as of now. Apart from a few hours later today when I'm at the pub. But, other than that, I'm definately going to try my best to stop smoking the sticks of death.

*..xeroxed88 jumps on the ATS stop smoking "Butt"Wagon..*

Welcome aboard xeroxed!! If your feeling down or want to light up let us know and we will lend that shoulder!!

Here's to kicken this in the "Butt"!

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
xeroxed.

Great!
We're here.
Post something or U2U someone if you're having doubts, or need to get a good rant off your chest.
We've been chatting both ways..all us quitters....LOL

congrats to you!

LOL, just noticed "Butt Wagon"

[edit on 21-1-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thanks you guys.

I am definately going to beat this habit. But, I'm smoking at the moment 'cause Im drinking. But, as I said, I cant drink and not smoke. As of tomorrow, I shall stop, cold turkey.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yikes!

I keep heading towards the garage at my home..(where it's very cold)
Really, I've done it at least 5 times today. (why am I going to the garage?) LOL

I'm going out there to smoke ..but I don't smoke., 5 days, I think..not even a puff..
But it's certainly prove out the statement "old habits die hard"

If you're name is nicorette, and you live at my house...YOU are in extreme danger...

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ohhhh nice move to quit- even though i havent lol
My new years resolution was not to have any new years resolutions lol!!!

Keep up the good work
MissPx

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Thanks MissPickle.

If you ever make the decision.
We're here for you..

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Ok just got home and noticed a pakage on the table for me, the Smoke Away I ordered has arrived, so as the subject in this thread say's all so well....

FAIRWELL MY FILTERED FRIENDS!!

This is it...

No more cigs after tonight.

I'll keep an update.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by DustintheWind]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Good luck, dustinthewind.

Everytime you crave a cig and are about to grab one, just stop and think, "Why do I need it? What good will it do?", and you won't need a cigarette.

Well, it's worked for me so far.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Sounds like you all are getting off to a great start..keep it up!!

The gum is still working for me...Of course, I have to kick the gum habit later..but it's better than smokin'.

Last few nights have been tempting.
Wife is out of town..I've been working from home, doing server upgrades, during off hours..
everything is taking 5 times longer..SO I have a lot of antsy users..
Buggin the crap out of me...

I could be sitting here chain smoking, just chewing away, instead.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
Good luck, dustinthewind.

Everytime you crave a cig and are about to grab one, just stop and think, "Why do I need it? What good will it do?", and you won't need a cigarette.

Well, it's worked for me so far.

Thanks xeroxed.

So far so good, I have been keeping pretty busy in job start meetings for a new project coming up, Have not really had time to think about cigs until I get home and open up this thread...

I'm also in process of throwing out everything associated with smoking and cleaning areas that are saturated with ash and tar buildup.
Good job to everyone that are stickin' with this!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wow, man. Sounds like you're seriously kicking some butt

As for me... I'm gonna be honest, I have smoked since I declared war against cigarettes. I've definately cut down, though; which I guess is a start.

Keep it up, guys.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Careful, dustinthewind...
WHen I was cleaning up after my nasty habit, I found a pack, in my car, old stale ones...I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread..
I still smoked one of them. It was sort of like tasty....just substitute the first T in tasty, with an N.....

Is there anyone else out there interested in quitting..?
c'mon quit while the quittin's good..!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
sounds like most of you are doing better than I am. I've cut down pretty drastically but I haven't gone a day without at least 2 smokes and I usually find a way to sneak off and have a taste during lunch.

Only thing really helping me is that I've been keeping up a non-smoker facade at work but that's only because of copious quantities of mouthwash and a thorough scrubbing of my face and hands.

I no longer smoke while driving - that's a huge step. but, on the down side, I keep a "smoking jacket" in my car so I can sneak out and smoke without it getting on my clothes.

I'm getting a new car tomorrow and I will NOT smoke in it!

Even fooling my co-workers is better than I was doing before, though.

Still trying - you guys are giving me hope!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
AL Davidson,

Pretty soon the sneaking around will become more of a pain in the butt, than it's worth. Hopefully..
At least you're keeping it at the top of your mind..
I still think you're on your way, to being a real quitter..

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thanks, SD!

I think you may be right. The sneaking around is more trouble than it's worth. I had a good day today getting through a whole day at work with no sneaking. Of course, I had to light up as soon as I got away but, still, it made me realize that I could do it without any serious withdrawals or nic fits. The trick was to be busy as hell all day so I never gave it a lot of thought.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Careful, dustinthewind...
WHen I was cleaning up after my nasty habit, I found a pack, in my car, old stale ones...I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread..
I still smoked one of them. It was sort of like tasty....just substitute the first T in tasty, with an N.....

Well seems I should of read your post before committing.....
Found a pack "lost" in the mess... :bnghd:
I did not start the smoke away until friday night, I smoked the last of my cigs and started taking the pills before I went to bed, woke up and continued on the schedule of taking the pills and homeopatic "mints" that came with the pakage, I have not smoked for 3 full days now and I can actually feel a change in my body even though I am sicker than a dog!(happened right before I quit, I think this is also helping.) I have had some urges to go and buy a pack , usually hits me mid afternoon and lasts a couple of hours, but I have fought the urge and have even been around smokers without it bothering me too much, now that I can somewhat smell better it really turns me off when I get a wiff of smoke and especially when I get in my work van it just reaks!! I'll be takin care of that really soon! But for the most part I think this is really working for me, after today I will drop down to 2 horsepills instead of 4 at a time.
I sure was skepticle when I first recieved this system but so far I am a believer, I just wanted to give an update and will keep posting as time goes on...
I wish everyone else luck participating in this kicker of "BUTTS" thread!

Dust.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Man, I was doing so well myself..
But I have had some slippage, Probably 5 or 6 smokes over the last few days..
.some all the way, some about half way..

Still determined, still a quitter. and practice makes perfect..
I'm not giving up, I'm quitting..

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Right. I'm going to be really honest now. I have not been one day without a cig since I declared war against them.

But! (theres always a 'but' lol) I am very drunk and am trying to avoid smoking whilst drinking. It's been a good two hours since I started drinking and I have not had ONE cigarette. Maybe this is definately the end of my bad habit?

(Please note: Ive been drunk enough times to know how to type correctly)

Anybody want some rum?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
After smoking for 31 years, (I started when I was 12) I have been smoke free since sept. 6, 05. It was the most difficult things I have ever done.

If I can do it, you can too.

I had to quit, my fire department arrived on scene for a structure fire, I always pump to much adrenileine during a structure fire becuase I am search and rescue, and if there is someone inside I may get trapped. So when I am headed to a fire scene I start preparing mentally as what I am going to do.

This scene happened to be a barn fire with no one inside, so I had to go on an attack line. I was running from the pumper to the fire with a 1.5 inch uncharged hose line over my shoulder.

My oxygen for the first time was depleted, ( a combination of excitment and overexurtion)and I couldnt get a breath. I thought I as going to pass out, but was affraid the chief would see how out of shape I was getting and held on.

I had to quit. It was more than my life I was gambling with, it was my brotherood I was risking and the lives of the public that depends on my ability to drag them out of there home when it burns.

The point I am trying to make is, you need to find really good reason in your life to quit. Grab hold and dont let go, when the urge hits think of your reason and fight that urge, it will subside. Remember it is not a constant need after the first week or so, get to that point and its a matter of one urge at a time.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thanks LoneGunMan for Your story!

I think this will help others in the quest of kickin this habit,I know when I have a fit I come to this thread to read everyone's stories/comments.

So far so good with not smoking for me, It has been since friday night since my last one, but I still "think" about that cig going to my mouth when I am not doing anything,wondering if it will"taste" any different now that I have not been smoking.....oh well I don't want to know cause the first time I do I will start all over again.

new topics
top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum