It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami Police go in your face to defeat terroist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
www.sun-sentinel.com...

Police go 'in-your-face' to deter would-be terrorists in Miami

Curt Anderson
The Associated Press
Posted November 28 2005, 2:50 PM EST

MIAMI -- City police will attempt to thwart terrorists by staging random, "in-your-face" security operations at so-called "soft" targets ranging from city buses to sports arenas, officials announced Monday.

The idea behind the "Miami Shield" program is to make such targets less attractive to terrorists and improve vigilance among Miami citizens. Deputy Police Chief Frank Fernandez said al-Qaida and other terror groups carefully plot their attacks based in part on surveillance that identifies flaws and patterns in security.

Random, high-profile security operations will keep terrorists guessing about where police might be next, he said. For example, a group of officers might surround a downtown bank building, checking the identification of each person going in and out and handing out leaflets about terror threats.

"This is an in-your-face type of strategy. It's letting the terrorists know we are out there," Fernandez said.

Goto link for rest of article.

"For example, a group of officers might surround a downtown bank building, checking the identification of each person going in and out and handing out leaflets about terror threats."

Glad to see the government is protecting us from terroists.(sarcasm) Our dip towards tyranny continues and with in a few years these "drills" will become standard procedure. Don't worry though nothing to see just move along, we are protecting you from the boogey man.(sarcasm)

Mod Edit: Added Quote Tags.

[edit on 28/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This has been long in the coming, & I've seen this in the process for years.

How do we stop it? Because if you refuse, you automatically will be held for questioning, possibly without your phone call, since we all know terrorists won't have rights because of the government & media's spin on it.

Read some of My other responses to other posts & you will see I know what the Hell I'm talking about.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Cool. Maybe they'll do public executions next, just like the Nazis did, to scare the dissid... evil terrorists that burned down the Reichstag.
Oh, and random home searches would also be nice, just to check that there aren't any terrorists around. You never know. Better safe than sorry!!

And anyway, you haven't got anything to hide, have you?

[/sarcasm]

[edit on 29/11/2005 by SwearBear]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The land of the free. AND WE ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN.

I love it. Morons

*Has mild nervous breakdown*

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I read this not an hour ago. Don't you love it how they say people shouldn't worry about their rights being taken away?

Nah, not when they're only violating the Fourth Amendment!

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The sad thing is that MSM embraces it. I was watching CNN a couple hours ago and they had a short segment about it in which they said that people are glad that the police are doing this to protect them

Whethe CNN is lieing or people are that dumb I don't know but I hope people wouldn't tolerate this.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I was watching CNN this morning and miles o'brian mentioned how he was against the police asking for identification at random. They then had on one of the main guys conducting these excercises refuting that claim. So who is lying here? Another source I read said it was people entering and exiting the buildings these gestapo are 'securing' that were getting asking for identification. Does anyone know for sure?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
And why are most people in Miami ok with this? because the gestapo is just trying to stop the "terrorists". People need to wake up fast because this poo is getting too crazy.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The way I forecast events, unless everyone completely folds when the going gets rough is that when 4,5,6 people out of 10 are having to show ID there are going to be enough good law abiding people a bit infuriated and/or unstable that there will be a mini resistance which will give the police state no choice but to show their true colors. Hence, the beginning of the real agenda coming into the open.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Occasionally, they will have traffic road blocks around here where they will stop every car and demand license, registration, and proof of insurance.

The last time I got stopped in one of these, I got off of my motorcycle, took off my helmet and gave the guy my paperwork as demanded. Then I very obviously made it a point to look the officer up and down. When he asked what I was looking at, I very politely told him I was looking for swastikas on his uniform since I had thought I lived in the USA instead 1940s Germany. He asked me if I was looking to get arrested that day. I told him no sir, but you asked me what I was looking for and I gave you an honest answer. Then I asked him if he was implying that I should lie to the police. He gave up at that point, told me to get back on my vehicle and head on down the road. I expect that if I hadn't had papers that were completely in order and hadn't been about 15 years older than this fairly young cop, I'd have gotten in a lot more trouble.

Welcome to the Nazi USA...

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I had to laugh at that last reply to the post on here. I think you burned him good dude. Keep on keeping one, fight the power, show up the criminality, stop the man, & keep yourself out of trouble.

Police Officer : Your papers please...

Citizen : Da, Comrade Officer...~shuffling thru pockets~

Police Officer : Sir, you need to give Me your papers.

Citizen : Comrade Officer, I must have left them at home.

Police Officer : Don't you know you're not allowed to leave your designated suburban area without papers?

Citizen : Yes, Comrade, but I was in a hurry to get to work.

Police Officer : That's not an excuse. Now I'll have to arrest you for obstruction of justice, failure to prove your identity, & being a terrorist.

Citizen : Comrade? Excuse me please....but terrorist? What do you mean?

Police Officer : Yes sir, you're holding up the machine, thereby causing mass panic in the people.

Citizen : ~puzzled look~

Police Officer : Sir, you have the whole line of 75 people looking at you & me, thinking you're smarter than I am, thereby threatening my masculinity, so by my definition you are a terrorist. You threatened me.

Citizen : Comrade, I only forgot my papers & was not implying anything against you...

Police Officer : Now you're arguing with a Police Officer, & I'll have to charge you with inciting a riot.

Citizen : ~defeated look of resignation~

[edit on 30-11-2005 by SpartanLeonidas]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
HAHAHA It's real funny and sad at the same time.

Like someone said upper, welcome to the Nazi USA...

One day, we'll have to fight again to have freedom like our grandfathers did on world war 1/2 and soon the third one.

And now it will be a total new kind of war, it will be the citizens vs the governement and police.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Now, let me say that I'm surely not advising anyone to bait a cop like I did a few posts above. I was lucky and very very polite. He was young and besides his partner and one car coming the other way that he was checking, there was no one else around to be embarrassed in front of.

Actually, that was very out of character for me, and I hope its a long time before I do something so risky again. I've about decided that the only way to get through the upcoming facist police state is to keep your head down, maintain a very low social profile, and do not have or own anything that someone might want to take from you, especially land.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Think this is bad, wait till you hear your neighbors screaming as someone you know is dragged out of their home in the middle of the night and taken away for questioning. The local news maybe shows him the next day with other 'consorts' with a caption saying they are known terrorists. Common sense tells you that it's bologna, but unfortunately history dictates that you will be cheering at their execution like everybody else will.

It's real simple Sociology. If you have never taken a college level Sociology course, I strongly reccomend you read the work of Stanley Milgram "The Perils of Obedience" (Milgram 1974).

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yea Alex Jones was talking about this......just remember people.....it's all about control and showing you who's in charge....welcome to the USSA

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hm...wonder what would happen if you made up copies of the Bill of Rights, used a highlighter on the Fourth Amendment, and gave it to the cop along with your papers?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Amethyst, thats a great idea. I dont know if it will do anything, but at least the statement will have been made.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Hm...wonder what would happen if you made up copies of the Bill of Rights, used a highlighter on the Fourth Amendment, and gave it to the cop along with your papers?

Also you might want to read up on how to write up a press release, it's actually pretty easy, and send that sucker out to every media outlet on the North American Continent. You can't raise a stink about something if nobody else smells it. As demonized as the ACLU has become, if they give you a phone call you might also think about phoning them and giving them a heads up as well. In short, don't squeak, Roar! We are a well armed and for the most part an educated Populace, they fear public opinion more than anything. Call your local representatives or have someone call them for you, include their responses in your press releases, fight it.
If you can't afford an attorney, they will give you one, but for god's sake don't rely on them to adequetely defend a civil rights case, take some time to learn some basic legal process, and tell your lawyer what motions you want to file and when to file them, etc. They may be free, but they are still 'working' for you, use it.
They made you swear allegiance to the flag, and for the republic for which it stands, and if you get hauled off for something as draconian as this, give them a taste of that allegiance with a Civil Spoon.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
While for the most part I consider the ACLU a bunch of anti-Christian, communist pinko liberal nutjobs (I could go on), they are actually useful from time to time. Like with that Patriot Act nonsense.

new topics

top topics

join