It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, are you happy now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
No, I mean it, are you happy now?

A friend an I were BSn' about our relative state of happiness.

Our conclusion was that we really didn't know what happiness is/was.
The best that we could come up with was that, we weren't unhappy.

As a student of contemporary culture; my question is "are you happy"
"unhappy" "blah" and why?

If this is none of my business; why don't you tell me why it is none of my business. And yes I am writing a book; article actually, so your input won't go unappreciated. Thank you!!

[edit on 2/12/05 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Right. I am not unhappy. I can amuze myself while alone or with company.
I am not in a state of euphoria, but the way i look at it, things could be worse. I'm in a state of resignation, therefore i have peace.

Of course the meds help

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I too am not unhappy right now, but have been unhappy for most of my adult life so far, depressed if U will. That is changing for me though as I get older and more comfortable with myself and the world, and will only get better.

I can see real happiness right around the corner

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have found a place in my life where I have satisfaction.
I can't say that I'm trully happy all the time, but I feel secure in my position in life.

It's not great, but it's good enough for me.
I'm not banging my head against any walls. :bnghd:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Thanks for your responses!

I asked my GF what makes her happy and she said "to see you happy."
I don't understand co-dependency.

She said she can see when I'm happy; must be some serious discrepency in my make up not to be able to feel this emotion.

I certainly have no problem feeling saddness and anger and guilt.
To be "happy" and not even know it; what kind of BS is that.

Tomorrow I'm going to give myself a real good talkin to!!

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

She said she can see when I'm happy;

Co-dependency is a female survival instinct that allows woman to raise children with security. Most woman seek out a stable and monogamous relationship with a male that she perceives can provide sustenance and security for herself and her young.
It's not something woman can control, it's something they need. And when I look at how many billion people live on this world, it's an intinct that has served mankind very well.

Whereas males only have the desire to "sow the seed", and this instinct has also served us well with genetic diversity.

So yes, she can see when your happy, and her happiness is dependant on how happy you are with her. It's in her best interest to desire you to be happy because it gives her enough stability to feel safe rearing her young.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Country Soul

She said she can see when I'm happy;

Co-dependency is a female survival instinct that allows woman to raise children with security. Most woman seek out a stable and monogamous relationship with a male that she perceives can provide sustenance and security for herself and her young.
It's not something woman can control, it's something they need. And when I look at how many billion people live on this world, it's an intinct that has served mankind very well.

Whereas males only have the desire to "sow the seed", and this instinct has also served us well with genetic diversity.

So yes, she can see when your happy, and her happiness is dependant on how happy you are with her. It's in her best interest to desire you to be happy because it gives her enough stability to feel safe rearing her young.

This post was not written by Country Soul. I inadvertently submitted this post from a saved log-in. (we use common computers)
From now on I'll have my coffee before getting on-line in the morning...........

I don't know how to correct the mistake, and it probably doesn't matter too much. But the above post is from anxietydisorder.........

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
On the whole I would say I'm Unhappy most of the time for many reasons. Between family problems, money issues, and college I feel drained most of the time and seldom enjoy much more than sleeping or maybe sneaking in a soak in hot water to relax once in a blue moon. Unfortunately with every year and the intake of world and national activities I move further down the scale of Unhappy .

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I wouldnt say that I was happy like- smiling ear to ear foolishly, but I am happy in the sense that I can see my future and know that their will only be an improvement in my standard of living both physically and emotionaly from my present state which is pretty good as it is.
So yeah, I AM HAPPY!

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Happiness is a word created by man. We can never reach true happiness no matter how much we try. It's a state we attempt to reach every single day of our lives. Buying new things, going new places around and around we go. We become content yes. But never happy. Excitement yes, short-lived, and sometimes can mistaken for happiness. Billboards display people in that longed for state, films, songs, magazines. But it's a carrot on a stick. Placed strategically by NWO to ensure we always remain malleable in their hands. For if we keep our eyes on the carrot we will stay pre-occupied. And not see what else is out there. So I say fk to happiness and lets get ourselves a life!

But my theory is that if you have heard of "happy" you can never be it.

Sorry rant over.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by Yossarian]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ahhh what a great question to ask me.

Am I happy?....hmmm am I happy?

Well, I am not hungry but am I happy?

No one has invaded my country but am I happy?

I have a roof over my head but am I happy?

I have really great friends but am I happy?

My family loves me very much but am I happy?

I have a good job, good co-workers and own my own part time company but am I happy?

I have never been a political prisoner but am I happy?

I have never been dragged out of my house in the middle of the night and "questioned" but am I happy?

I am not rich, but I have a little money in my pocket but am I happy?

I have never been forced to beg to live but am I happy?

All in all I would have to say YES I guess I am quite happy!

Mr. Beezer makes one hell of a cup of piping hot Earl Grey but am I happy?

- One Man Short ®

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

No, I mean it, are you happy now?

A friend an I were BSn' about our relative state of happiness....

Yeppindeederoonie! I'm happy and I know it! *claps mah hands*

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hell yeah Im happy now. Finish my exams and pretty much graduating with my Bachelors degree and now applying for Masters.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Happiness is fleeting and hard to hold, I may be happy one day and sad the next. i may be happy now but cranky in an hour
I strive for contentment. If I am contented all else follows and I can ride the ferris wheel of emoions with an inner peace and calmness.

top topics

join