It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does space "end"???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
I have strange view,
I believe "space", the universe, is composed of several humogous "cubes" of universe.
Black holes are simply "tunnels" or more commonly knows as "wormholes" between these universes...
Once a galaxy hits the end of the universe, it bounces back, thus, you have a Big Boom at the end when everything recollides and the universe i destroyed.

I'm sure someone can prove me wrong, but it's my take on it.
Cheers,
- Tass

Strange yes, but not too far from the truth maybe...

Let's skip the bouncing off the edge part and try it a different way using the Black Holes idea.

True "Empty Space" isn't something that could be measured anyway since it has no value or "0". Think of it as trying to measure how much "nothing" you have. You will always have "None" as it is "nothing" or "0". Another way to think of it is to try and measure a "hole" in the ground without the surrounding ground being there as a point of reference. Once again you have "0".

Now, since there is "Everything" inside/outside that nothingness (Galaxies, Light, etc..) that does allow for some reference of comparison. Yet even the size of "Everything" measurable is a value in comparison to "everything" else. Let's give "Everything" the value of "1" then since it doesn't matter as long as it's not "0" in this case. Plus between "0" and "1" there are an infinite amount of numbers.

So then we now have "0=nothing, no value", "1=Everything, Infinite Value" and anything "Finite" would be between those values and comprehendable by us as finite creatures.

Now back to Tassadar's Black Hole idea....Black Holes tear through 3D & 4D Space/Time. In theory then, within a Black Hole an Infinite amount of Mass can be squeezed into a singular point. So if it was possible to go beyond light speed and reach the "end" of space, you wouldn't bounce off, but would actually be escaping the interrior of a black hole. Same thing going in reverse by going into a black hole. Along with this idea the idea of an infinite, unreachable boundery with no begining or end will still hold true while also allowing a Finite existence to make sense and have measurable values.

Did that make sense???

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Space is what you want it to be.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveW
Space is what you want it to be.

Well, that was deep! You come up with that all by your lonesome? Or did you have a Crack Team of Investigative Scientists working round the clock on that one?

I really think I would have to disagree with ya though. Cause I really want it to be a "RootBeer Float" right now, with me sailing through the Frosty Cosmos in a Vanilla. Yet it's still just space....

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I really think I would have to disagree with ya though. Cause I really want it to be a "RootBeer Float" right now, with me sailing through the Frosty Cosmos in a Vanilla. Yet it's still just space....

There we are, you want it to be as quoted. It's better for space to be what you want it to be than for someone else to speculate, as really, neither can be proved.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The way I think of it is, since it is always expanding, by the time you reach the end, you have to go more since it expanded.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Space as described in the Urantia book is a virtually infinite, but at any given moment and point limited, elliptical creation. The boundaries of the universe are consisted of unpervaded space, that is space in potential. The central element of the universe is Paradise, which although exists outside space/time (space surrounding its elliptical presence), is the gravitational source and centre of all creation as well as the ancestor and pattern for all matter... The beginning of the universe, again as stated in the UB, was Paradise and the central universe.

In detail: The Universe of universes

Alexandros

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The only true answer to the OPs question is: We don't know and we probably never will.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
to me space is an infinite hologram. It has no size. It is merely an absence of tangibility

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Briles]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't see an "end of space" for us. There (in my mind) can't be "nothing", because the second we perceive "nothing", it becomes something. More or less the quantum physics issue of the observer. (There has to be an observer for "reality" to exist")

Space may unfold as far as we (or others out there) perceive of it as reality. Reach the end? There is no end for us if we went out there...as we perceive the nothingness at the end, it becomes something. My guess is more space.

You're also talking about space as we see and realize/perceive it. The bigger question is what are we not able to perceive about it, with only our human senses. We only are able to recognize a very small part of the visible spectrum of light.

Science is already saying to a certain point that the idea of ping pong ball atoms flying about in Newtonian space is up for serious revision. I love the way a recent lecture summed it up:

"Well it turns out these particles aren't really particles, they're waves...well no not exactly, they're both...well what I really meant to say was...

...and you realize this is the babble of mad people." (In reference to current scientific knowledge, and it's contradictory history.

All this stuff (space) is hard to figure accurately, especially when we don't really understand what mechanics make up our own reality. Scientific analysis deep enough of the very monitor your looking at will show that there's no "reality" to it.

So...what to make of space. Good question.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
nope..no end..a universe creates its own space as it expands...scientists claim they are close to creating a new universe..and it will..at the moment of creation...make its own space..it will not move ours out of the way as it expands..no harm will be done..it simply grows in space it itself creates..

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Space, and all that we define as reality, exists, begins and ends inside our own heads. The human mind.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
No.

It's a big circle. Ends, where it begins.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonrat
Space, and all that we define as reality, exists, begins and ends inside our own heads. The human mind.

Too true, for my money. In all these paranormal topics, and this one, people are all too quick to securely dismiss the psychological.

When in fact, when ya get down to it, everything we know is psychological. Now, we have to question, what we know.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Absolutely impossible for anyone to know. Hopefully we'll know some day, but there is no way for us to find out. Anyone that says they know are guessing.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
did this post travel through time?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I guess only A Supreme Being knows the answer to your question...If you believe in one
I doubt we will ever know the real thruth about the nature of Space,I doubt any race out there knows...

But my best guess is it's infinite, neverending...until proven otherwise

top topics

<< 1   >>

join