It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Political Comedy a Conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Have you ever thought that political humor may be intentionally brought upon a political figure in order to dilude the masses into disregarding what he or she may be doing?

Obviously political humor brings attention to people, and lets use George W. Bush as an example. The Epitome of Political Humor.

Does the political humor towards him bring him attention that isn't desired, or attention that is intentional. One should think that the media, whom we always call evil, but like for giving us political humor, may also be clouding our heads with misleading thoughts. They have us to believe Bush is an idiot, when in reality he may be quite more than that.

*Please comment on how you believe that political humor is affecting the masses on Bush's part, as well as other political figures if you see evidence supporting so. I will post more evidence to support my theory of political humor illusion as time progresses.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I personally think Bush isn't smart enough to pull something like that off. I don't think he 'acts' that dumb. He just is.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd
I personally think Bush isn't smart enough to pull something like that off. I don't think he 'acts' that dumb. He just is.

Keep in mind that Bush isnt the only person that could be pulling the strings. He's got the Skull & Bones on his side. Besides, wouldn't you play dumb to gain political clout?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd

Not that I agree with this post, but I will play devils advocate this one time.

Bush wouldn't have to be smart to do this, just a good actor. And if you look at Hollywood you will know that alot of good actors are nothing but a big ole box of rocks.

Bush, clinton, Reagan; anyone who would use these tatics would just have to follow ALL orders given by the staff of writers and producers.

- One Man Short ®

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Nice,

you had me remember , Reagan was an actor. And all I can recall about his presidency is that "everything was great."

But let's disregard the fact that crack coc aine and AIDS were introduced during this time, and may have been plots to destroy minority populations!

This brings another side topic up: Were Reagan's acting skills used to fool the populous in any way?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
"they" have been using humor to subvert and brainwash for decades, now. Comedy is an effective tool.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_Pluribus_Unum
Were Reagan's acting skills used to fool the populous in any way?

One word answer..."YES".

We were fooled into believing that he was actually The President of the United States.

I would say that is more worthy of an emmy than "Bedtime for Bonzo".

- One Man Short ®

[edit on 28-11-2005 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
More examples:

Ted Kennedy.

People made fun of him getting drunk all the time, and the possibility that he had relations with and murdered prostitutes. Really a laughing matter? Of course not, but if the media turns it into a joke, no one can take it serious. As a Senator, what are possible conspiracies he may have undertaken through the mask of the masses laughing at his Kennedian accent?

Arnold Schwarzenegger.

He can't hardly be taken seriously as governator. I don't suppose I should explain why that is. Married to a Kennedy? Something smells fishy . . .

Bill Clinton.

His "bj" scandal grew to extreme proportions; extreme! What may have really been going on with him that this comedial campfire concealed?

*Any comments or ideas on possible cospiracies that were hidden through comedy will be accepted for further discussion, and I urge other members to pose their own candidates as it relates to this matter.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Take a look at carrot top.

While the entire world is laughing at this man, stop and think....how funny is he really?

So...while we are laughing...what is this sinister, evil man REALLY doing to the world?....hmmmmm (maybe he has Kennedy blood in him)

- One Man Short ®

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
No problem as long as we have this guy around to keep tabs on ALL OF THEM:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
Take a look at carrot top.

While the entire world is laughing at this man, stop and think....how funny is he really?

So...while we are laughing...what is this sinister, evil man REALLY doing to the world?....hmmmmm (maybe he has Kennedy blood in him)

- One Man Short ®

I meant to keep this thread serious, but I like your gesture!

Yeah I think he isnt funny either, I hope I never see him again much less on a collect call commercial.

I GOT IT! He's a drug lord! C'mon just look at him, look at the pic and tell me he's not a drug lord.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by E_Pluribus_Unum]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Damn, you beat me to it. Talking with the kids about the differences between American and Australian culture, our humour came up and got me thinking...

We Aussies are known for our irreverence and savage, political humour has always been a part of our culture. I still get shocked by Americans shock at what they see and hear on our mainstream, free to air, media.

The other, telling, difference is how active and involved Americans personally get in fighting things they see as wrong with the government where as we just don't 'get into all that' as a rule.

Could it be that we Aussies are always seeing our problems attacked on the public media so think that 'someone else', obviously, must be 'doing something about it' and America seeing the benefit of allowing savage political humour finally moved away from the inoffensive, "Happy Day's" humour to MTV and The Comedy Channel type 'Bush bashing' humour?

Basicly, allow people to 'vent' and they are less likely to 'explode'.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by suzy ryan]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
As you have mentioned, political humor can be used as a tool to dilute the masses wear about of certain issues, and distract serious issues into a more seemingly comedic value. Is it okay to laugh? Of course not, go get a life

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
Damn, you beat me to it. Talking with the kids about the differences between American and Australian culture, our humour came up and got me thinking...

We Aussies are known for our irreverence and savage, political humour has always been a part of our culture. I still get shocked by Americans shock at what they see and hear on our mainstream, free to air, media.

The other, telling, difference is how active and involved Americans personally get in fighting things they see as wrong with the government where as we just don't 'get into all that' as a rule.

Could it be that we Aussies are always seeing our problems attacked on the public media so think that 'someone else', obviously, must be 'doing something about it' and America seeing the benefit of allowing savage political humour finally moved away from the inoffensive, "Happy Day's" humour to MTV and The Comedy Channel type 'Bush bashing' humour?

Basicly, allow people to 'vent' and they are less likely to 'explode'.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by suzy ryan]

I'm interested in knowing about what types of political humor there is in Austrailia. If you could suzy, please supply us with some jokes about political leaders, or perhaps a small comic illustrating such a matter. I am very ignorant of Austrailia and know nothing about it save Kangaroos, Koowala bears (spelling?) and Outback Steakhouse.
Sorry I can do nothing but stereotype AUS, but I really know nothing about where you are from.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
First let me say, I appreciate fine art because I can't even draw, likewise with witty humour so I won't try to tell any jokes.

Basicly nothing is off limits, whether it's the Pope or our Prime Minister, the sorts of things ATS shuts down threads for, we get on our prime time news, such as refering to our P.M., John Howard, as Little Jonney Howler.

They say some pretty coarse stuff in parliment as well as in the community and it gets reported in the news without being bleeped out or alluded to.

One of our best sources of political humour is our Government owned A.B.C. t.v. and radio. The 7.30 Report, a serious current affairs programme on the A.B.C., has a weekly spot where all the lieing "illigitimate children" (the 'B' word is a term of endearment here) get thoroughly shredded.

Also The Glasshouse is a humourous take on the week in review and one of the best things about it is watching the American guests "freak out" at what and how things gets said about whom.

Oh and now we have Jon Saffran's new show, (one of his others was, Jon Saffran verses God) Speaking in Tongues, where he and a currently practicing Catholic priest, Father Bob, touch every untouchable subject in the book.

Ron Quontock(spl?) would have to be one of the best political comedians in the world. He can point out truths that should make you cry if you weren't so busy laughing but he also does it in a way that keeps you thinking long after the show.

I'll ask the kids to try to help me find and post some comics later but I'm abit of a ludite and this sick old p.c. crashes if I try to post smilies so I can't promise anything. Oh and years ago, when one of our polititions refered to our Koalas as something like, "Stinking, pissing vermin" that was all over the news. He was right though, one Koala in your yard is an invasion and the noise they make during mating season is the sound of hell!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

One of our best sources of political humour is our Government owned A.B.C. t.v. and radio.

That is it right there. Government owned.

That tells me alot about my theory.

I'm curious of how the Government operates in other countries as related to television stations.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yes that's why I pointed out the government ownership of our, best by far, comedy source, we laugh, we vent and DON'T act.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yes and No, because they make fun of people to make people feel they have "Rebelled" against the powers that be. And some of us just make fun of them to point out why they're being rebelled against. It's one of those intention and side things.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
No problem as long as we have this guy around to keep tabs on ALL OF THEM:

I LOVE GEORGE CARLION, AND YES, so does AJ(the rehab one of BSB), here's stuff that prove boy bands can BE pretty smart, Proof that Nick Carter hires SMART people,Proof the Backstreet Boys hires SMART LYRICISTS

GEORGE CARLIN one of my heros until 9-11, now he's his own joke from 98, sad, sad, sad, then again. Who would believe a BSB fan, when I know the NWO or whatever is using them to control me, what do I TRY to DO? I TRY TO WAKE UP A WHOLE INTERNET FANBASE.
- I'm still trying to figure out if it's worked yet.

But yah, read the "Art of War", "The Prince", and "Symbol and Theory", and it shows alot of stuff, also "What is History?" by Edward Hallet Carr points out that nothing in histroy books is totally realiable you have to read all POV to know the facts. And what's a comedian but an imediate historian distoror(except George Carlin)

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

They say some pretty coarse stuff in parliment as well as in the community and it gets reported in the news without being bleeped out or alluded to.

One of our best sources of political humour is our Government owned A.B.C. t.v. and radio. The 7.30 Report, a serious current affairs programme on the A.B.C., has a weekly spot where all the lieing "illigitimate children" (the 'B' word is a term of endearment here) get thoroughly shredded.

Also The Glasshouse is a humourous take on the week in review and one of the best things about it is watching the American guests "freak out" at what and how things gets said about whom.

Oh and now we have Jon Saffran's new show, (one of his others was, Jon Saffran verses God) Speaking in Tongues, where he and a currently practicing Catholic priest, Father Bob, touch every untouchable subject in the book.

Ron Quontock(spl?) would have to be one of the best political comedians in the world. He can point out truths that should make you cry if you weren't so busy laughing but he also does it in a way that keeps you thinking long after the show.

I'll ask the kids to try to help me find and post some comics later but I'm abit of a ludite and this sick old p.c. crashes if I try to post smilies so I can't promise anything. Oh and years ago, when one of our polititions refered to our Koalas as something like, "Stinking, pissing vermin" that was all over the news. He was right though, one Koala in your yard is an invasion and the noise they make during mating season is the sound of hell!!!

GOVERMENT OWNED! Actually that explains alot. I like the humor + News idea, but when a goverment owned network does it, isn't it disturbing?

[edit on 11/30/05 by bsbfan1]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join