It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Denies Mini-Guantanamo in Kosovo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The UN should try and gather evidence first, before they allege anything about the US Military.

You mean EVIDENCE like US Goverment presented before the Invasion of Iraq - that Saddam has WMD's, that he is Connected to Al-Qaeda and that he is making a Nuclear Bomb?
If you did not Notice, all of the Above so-called "Evidence" was FAKED.

The US primarily went to Iraq to oust a tyrannical dictator that had committed genocide on numerous occasions and indiscriminately used weapons of mass destruction. This has been said numerous times but to no avail.
The UN on the other hand is merely playing politics, with a Secretary General who has had dubious links with the dictator of Iraq it is not hard to see the motive in these accusations.

Seriously,
it is like your Fellow member IAF101 said above:
They are Terrorists - and Terrorists have NO RIGHTS!"
Sounds to me like the Echo of a guy name Adolf...

This Futile attempt at bringing forth a Nazi connection to everything related to America or its people is a sign that this thread is devoid of any substance in itself and is yet another scheme to defame the US and its allies with reckless slander and mindless hate.
It would save time to just say the words, " I hate the US " than carry out this needless charade !

I would like to end this by a quote from the great Socrates:

"When the debate is over, slander becomes the tool of the loser."
Socrates
Greek philosopher in Athens (469 BC - 399 BC)

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You mean EVIDENCE like US Goverment presented before the Invasion of Iraq - that Saddam has WMD's, that he is Connected to Al-Qaeda and that he is making a Nuclear Bomb?

Are you going to answer my point, or are you going to keep switching the topic?

But ofcourse they don't - if Condy say so, the it must be TRUE!

Just like EVERYTHING Else that current US Goverment says - it is the DIVING TRUTH!

Oh but whatever you and the UN says is the “DIVING TRUTH”?
Don’t make me laugh.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Oh but whatever you and the UN says is the “DIVING TRUTH”?
Don’t make me laugh.

Ooops.

I wanted to write the DIVINE TRUTH!

A Mistake...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

But ofcourse they don't - if Condy say so, the it must be TRUE!

Just like EVERYTHING Else that current US Goverment says - it is the DIVING TRUTH!

Just like everything the "independant" media says or the iraqi resistance is the "truth" as well?
Or are you just going to avoid that one as well?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sorry for my ignorance because this may have been mentioned somewhere else on this thread or elsewhere on ATS , but isn't something going on with respect to the CIA holding suspects unlawfully in east european countries like Romania and Poland?I vaguely remember some problem with respect to submission of satellite photos of these regions to a european investigation body.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
As long as the CIA is doing their job within the law, that makes me feel safer. The CIA isnt this evil organization that some people on this board believe, yes they have been involved in some very sketchy doings. But they were in the interest of the country and thats what they are there to do. Look out for you and me. My uncle worked with Naval Intelligence, worked with many CIA employees. The only thing he would tell me is the operations of US intelligence involve first and formost the interests of this country and nothing else. Just like any countries intelligence agencies do. Its no different anywhere else in the world, they operate in the black for a reason.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Just read in today's issue of USA Today that the EU's very own Justice Commissioner has said there is no proof of secret CIA jails in Europe. And basically warned EU politicians not to go on a witch hunt.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by NWguy83]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
The US primarily went to Iraq to oust a tyrannical dictator that had committed genocide on numerous occasions and indiscriminately used weapons of mass destruction. This has been said numerous times but to no avail.

You forgot to mention that the US actually PUT this tyrannical dictator in Power in the First Place, armed him, sold him technology, sold him weapons of mass destruction, which he used to win the war over Iran. And WHEN he committed genocide on numerous occasions and indiscriminately used weapons of mass destruction - the US were STILL selling him the Same Weapons!

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   

You forgot to mention that the US actually PUT this tyrannical dictator in Power in the First Place, armed him, sold him technology, sold him weapons of mass destruction, which he used to win the war over Iran. And WHEN he committed genocide on numerous occasions and indiscriminately used weapons of mass destruction - the US were STILL selling him the Same Weapons!

Mabye you forgot that it was a diffrent government...or are you saying that your government should be held responsible for what the government 60 years ago commited?

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Again, with the zelous anti-americanism you have posted slander that the members of ATS have come to expect from you.
First Saddam didnt come to power with US help but was second in command when the late Ahmed Hassan Bakr died leaving Saddam as his successor.
Second, Saddam was the one who attacked the Iranians and began his policy of sectarian violence in Iraq.
Third, the regiem of Saddam is resposible for pursuing a chemical and biological weapons programme that was used in the war against Iran and also against the Kurds.
Fourth, Saddam never did win the war with Iran.
Fifth, the US never did sell Iraq any weapon of mass destruction and neither did it present Iraq with all the technology that would be required to build these weapons.
Lastly, any proof you have shown about US supply of chemicals to Iraq has been proved by me and numerous other posters to be false and inconclusive at best. The truth is that the US did sell some -conventional weapons- to Saddam that were used in the Iran-Iraq war but that supply had been for a very short time and till then their was no indication of any use of chemical weapons against the people of Iraq.
The US has infact repeatedly warned German firms to abstain form developing Iraq's chemical weapons technology and was finally put out of commision in the late 80's.
BBC: Saddam's Rise to Power

[edit on 16-12-2005 by IAF101]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Mabye you forgot that it was a diffrent government...or are you saying that your government should be held responsible for what the government 60 years ago commited?

Different Goverment - Same INTENTIONS.

Whats the Difference?

Right now you see president Bush shaking and holding hands with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia - in few years time, Saudi Arabia might become yet ANOTHER enemy of the "Free West", and the US of A wil go again to "Liberate" the Infidel A-rabs.

Just like Afganistan or Iraq.

So, what you gonna say then?

Bottom line is, that United States have been Messing with the affairs in the Middle East since the end of WWII - just because of its Strategic Importance and for the Natural Resources.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Back to the TOPIC!

CIA Secret Prison in Kosovo

Within this imposing base, which is home to 6,000 US Army troops and spreads across 300 hectares near Ferizaj, south of Pristina, the “capital” of the UN-administered province of Kosovo, Gil Robles saw a replica of Guantanamo. A prison has been built inside Camp Bondsteel. Run by the US Army, it is the principal detention center for KFOR, the multinational NATO force deployed to Kosovo in June 1999.

From a tower, I saw a place which looked like a replica of Guantanamo, but on a smaller scale, Gil Robles tells Le Monde. Small rudimentary wooden shelters were surrounded by a tall barbed wire fence. I saw between fifteen and twenty prisoners inside in huts, dressed in orange jumpsuits like those used in Guantanamo. The prisoners I saw were not shackled. Most of them were sitting down, some isolated from the others. Some prisoners had beards. Others read the Koran. There were walkways around the cells for guard duty. A US female soldier who worked at the prison explained to me that she had just been transferred there from Guantanmo, Gil Robles continues. He also met with a representative of the US Department of Justice.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Interesting...

Anyway, this is what I think was the Highlight of this Story - there is a LAURA BUSH EDUCATION CENTER inside this Detention Camp:

Camp Bondsteel

Education:
The Laura Bush education center offers a variety of college courses to suit your needs. Want to learn Albanian, Serbian, or German? Improve your computer skills? The variety of college credit and certificate courses is staggering. There are two colleges represented at US base camps: the University of Maryland and Chicago University. For those with easy access to the Internet, online courses are offered too.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Isn't that SPECIAL?

[edit on 16/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A blog that gets its news from Europe's most anti-American and anti-war press almost Al-Jazeera like, is hardly a news source. You obvisouly didn't bother reading my previous post, and neither did those press.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by NWguy83]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Different Goverment - Same INTENTIONS.

Says who?
You?
Not me anyway.

Whats the Difference?

Diffrent government.

Right now you see president Bush shaking and holding hands with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia - in few years time, Saudi Arabia might become yet ANOTHER enemy of the "Free West", and the US of A wil go again to "Liberate" the Infidel A-rabs.

So? Germany before WW1 was one of our biggest allies but after WW1 they where mistrusted.
Does that mean now that they have a conservative leader we should send the army over to the rhine and reoccupy the lines?

Just like Afganistan or Iraq.

So, what you gonna say then?

That people and governments change..

Bottom line is, that United States have been Messing with the affairs in the Middle East since the end of WWII - just because of its Strategic Importance and for the Natural Resources.

So your now saying its a plot by the US to get the reasources in the middle east?
If so then explain why they have not just simply taken it over?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join