It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Television Networks working on The End of America plots.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

NETWORKS PLAN 'END OF AMERICA' SHOWS

The TV networks are getting edgier in their '06 pilot plans.

The nets have filled their development slates with a bevy of brave ideas and bold format experiments, VARIETY reports on Monday, including shows about THE END OF AMERICA!

ABC alone has at least two would-be shows set in post-apocalyptic America ("Resistance" and "Red & Blue") while Gavin Polone and Bruce Wagner are teaming for the comfy-sounding plague drama "Four Horsemen" at CBS (which also is developing "Jericho," about life in a small town after America is destroyed).

Says Fox exec VP Craig Erwich: "The creative community appears to be really inspired this year," he says. "It was an exciting time to be buying. I came away pretty encouraged about network TV."

I dont know if this is suppose to bring up ratings or just provoking people to respond to this idea. But I want to see how they are going to do this before I judge on those ideas. Maybe it could be interesting.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Not sure what I think of this. I love all the sci-fi/fantasy end of the world movies but if the last two network movies on this topic (category 7 "End of the World" and another similarly titled one about the desturction of Chicago) are any indication this will be utter garbage. I know they could turn out to be good but for some reason I am guessing it will be the typical unbelieveable junk the networks love to feed us. Would like to see these type of movies done on a "summer blockbuster" scale so that at least they have the budget and potential to get quality actors. Will have to wait and see.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'll bet they will be enjoyable - as I enjoy Sci Fi - but really what naked propoganda they are!

Ohh - oh no - then End of America could come anytime!!

Just another rehash of the Red Dawn type movies under the Regan Era...

While the real End of America is actually occuring by the constant revisioning of the constitution thats been done under the last several administrations...

(and which continues to accelerate)

D'oh!

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think they just want people to fight more about the 'war' and 'policy', so the rich, powerful, and annoying gregious can go about their evil plans with little interuption from us. A good Sci-Fi/Fantasy/End of Days movies are good at that, they keep the public distracted, disorientante criticizers, and get those in charge of the media, more money WE NEED. It's that simple. The actors, usually don't care, or NEED THE MONEY TOO. Unless their Brad Pitt or something, btw, I bought "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" today.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by toppdogg
Not sure what I think of this. I love all the sci-fi/fantasy end of the world movies but if the last two network movies on this topic (category 7 "End of the World" and another similarly titled one about the desturction of Chicago) are any indication this will be utter garbage. I know they could turn out to be good but for some reason I am guessing it will be the typical unbelieveable junk the networks love to feed us.

Well said......I actually thought there would be some sort of creative story line threaded through "Cat 7-the end of the world", but, as usual, the story was as stilted and stiff as the acting. Bottom line: Fear sells as well as violence. Why not sell it?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I thought selling "sexual innocence" of young men 5-16 years my senior was bad. LOL

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
ive noticed a trend in alot of tv and games seeming to sooth over the idea of something apocolyptic or some form of world dominence. like "there" getting us used to the idea or buffing up the mental state to handle somthing of this level.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I have no problem with it. The subject has spawned some very cool entertainment (the Terminator series and the Fallout series of computer games come to mind)... Besides, that is why this is in the "Fictional" catagory.

new topics

top topics

join