It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Then, Keep Secrets?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Great thread here!!

And thinking outside the box...disinformation.

You have an entire 'no ET' camp that suggests (loudly at times) that the 'alien consipiracy' is government disinformation to disguise our latest military technology. Like it or not, it has been remarkably effective. Tell me you weren't suprised when the F-117 Nighthawk hit CNN!

Reversing the logic here, a government 'pretending' to withhold details of ET visits would benefit how? Are there really secrets, or just the 'possibility of secrets'.

Some people believe...others do not. Those who believe want the proof, those that do not also want proof, and now whether or not there are secrets, our government is supporting both camps while aligning itself with neither. Does this seem outside the realm of 'normal' political behavior?

Maybe the question is Why NOT??

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SneakySnake
Great thread here!!

That's the truth. So many great thoughts being shared. I'm still pondering a lot of the contributions Hal has made. You guys have me thinking, too. I thank you all for that.

Reversing the logic here, a government 'pretending' to withhold details of ET visits would benefit how? Are there really secrets, or just the 'possibility of secrets'.

I've thought of this myself. And, the best conclusion I've been able to come up with with respects to "How could our government benefit from dis-information concerning the ideas that support the existance of E.T.?" The best answer I could come up with is:
It simply is the absolute best deterant against attack if our enemies and our potential enemies to believe that we do have technology that is (literally) from out of this world.

My brother holds a rather high position in a certain branch of the military. When I shared the whole speculation and conjecture that began this thread he shared this with me:

"Interesting. Even if we consider a generation to be 100 years, that means that there were 750 generations from the time we had chariots and vehicles powered by beast of burden, that means there was 750 generations from humanity knowing how to master the use of fire until the mass production of the combustion engine, and the same generation that supplied us with the combustion engine also supplied us with the experience of walking on the moon. Interesting."

I also asked him a hypothetical question:
Q"Hypothetically, if we were being visited by extra-terrestrials, what do you think their intentions are?"

A"Well, technically they are not extra-terrestrials until they come in contact with the ground, because if they only remain in the air there is nothing whatsoever terrestrial about them. But, hypothetically, if we were to assume time travel is possible, and if we were to assume that any lifeforms anywhere and anytime throughout the existance of the entire universe were to simultaneously exists and achieve/accomplish time travel, then, hypothetically, .. . .. . .. .. .. if we were to accept at face value that time travel is possible, and intelligent life anywhere, anytime achieves time travel, then we must accept that we are not only known to them, but they have visited us, hypothetically of course."

Just thought I'd share that with you guys.

Does this seem outside the realm of 'normal' political behavior?

Maybe the question is Why NOT??

Good point! How do we learn to "read" actions and behaviors to understand the intentions and possible motivating factors of governments? Any ideas?

[edit on 2-12-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
What could be the reasoning for them not just coming down and saying blatently to all that :"We are here because .. . .. . . "?

I guess the same reason I gave for not wanting their help, could be the same reason they don't interact and help us. Because if we cannot solve our own problems, then we do not deserve to survive as a race, or reach out to the stars and join them. Maybe they are waiting for us to mature and check in from time to time. But I have never heard of any behavior to support this.

As I said before I think they are curious, but also afraid of us.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
The secret that many are hiding is tht they cannot live without some sort of conspiracy. So they create one surrounding the government and aliens/ufos. They then persist with this theory dispite a lack information to cooborate any such claims.

And yet, the last dozen presidents of America have addressed this very issue (aliens/UFOs) .. ...... .

What was their purpose for doing so?
What was their intentions?
What was their motivation?

What better way to keep secret reconasaince aircraft secret than perpetuate a ufo conspiracy?
Our last dozen presidents (except Ike) were all morons anyway.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

What could be the reasoning for them not just coming down and saying blatently to all that :"We are here because .. . .. . . "?

I guess the same reason I gave for not wanting their help, could be the same reason they don't interact and help us. Because if we cannot solve our own problems, then we do not deserve to survive as a race, or reach out to the stars and join them. Maybe they are waiting for us to mature and check in from time to time. But I have never heard of any behavior to support this.

I agree that this is extremely plausible. Having said that I would like to consider that perhaps we would not even recognize, nor be capable of experiencing and witnessing consciously any behaviors or actions because we have no basis for comparison. We have no basis for comparison but the human race, because we do not accept the fact there is anything else for comparison outside of what is known to us.

As I said before I think they are curious, but also afraid of us.

Or, perhaps unwilling to tolerate the potential for destruction we would have amongst our celestrial neighbors. Perhaps aliens are not necessarily afraid of us (I would like to believe races exist that are not dominated by their emotions of fear as the human race is), perhaps they can not tolerate such actions and behaviors among the stars as we demonstrate daily on this planet. After further thought on this subject I consider the fact that even our own written and recorded history of the last 7,000 years is devoid of 7 consecutive days without the human race being engaged in war, killing, and destruction. Think about how optimistic you would be to come across a planet that has such an intelligent race, but also the same pinacle race of beings on the planet are the only creatures that kill for no other reason than for personal pleasure, and are the only sentient beings on the planet that have practiced to date the art of genecide. No other creature on this planet has elliminated entire species or ethnic races because of ideologies of not being able to tolerate them. And people honestly believe humanity is the highest creature on this planet? Intelligence does not denote superiority, especially with a genetic disposition of fear and destroying what is feared.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

What better way to keep secret reconasaince aircraft secret than perpetuate a ufo conspiracy?
Our last dozen presidents (except Ike) were all morons anyway.

I understand this logic perfectly. However, it is merely their actions and behaviors that appear moronic, but those actions and behaviors are only percieved as moronic behaviors if you do not comprehend the reasoning for such actions and behaviors. It is difficult for us to determine their intentions when we presume to have all the same facts as they do, which we do not have.

Incidently: It was this same perception that served as a catalyst for this very thread. How do we justify the actions and behaviors that make no sense to us? We must not have all the facts, so we must venture outside the box in order for us to have the capacity to comprehend how such actions and behaviors could be justified in the minds of the people who have to live with themselves and who they see in the mirror daily after commiting such actions and behaviors?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Bringing up another thread from the bowels of ATS.

Your insights are most appreciated. I thank you in advance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join