It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video surveillance in English classrooms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It struck me as being part of a conspiracy as soon as I saw it. I didn't think bullying was that bad in Britain, but apparently it requires CCTV in classrooms now.

Here you go.

In the paper this morning it said other schools are considering it.
Seems suspicious to me....

TPL

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
God forbid a far-right authoritarian regime gets into power somehow, at this rate everything will be set up them to use far in advance.

But then again if it solves bullying and classroom violence then i see no problem, just as long as it's only used for that purpose.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Could it be due to this?
Student RAPES Teacher in Classroom
Damn thats sick !!

They say American schools are wack, kids shooting guns doesnt seem so bizarre when you compare it with this.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Things were fairly bad when I was at achool 10-15 years ago, but it really, really has got a lot worse. Kids seem to be stabbing each other, slicing each other, filming each other fighting.
As a victim of bullying I think it's an excellent idea, and like I said - it is much much worse now than it was back then.
Of course if they still had proper discipline in schools like the cane, etc and hadn't stopped parents smacking their kids then it might not have come to this.

These days everone has to tip-toe around the little pests while they run riot, it is an acknowledged problem and it is mainly due to all the doo-goody people and their 'help'. If anyone thinks that seems unfair you just have to look at the result now - it speaks for itself.

Here's a few links, please bear in mind things have got a lot worse recently and things weren't always this bad:
Also some did not occur in school but never the less show the problems with young people.

Girl in court on stabbing charge

Bullying shifts to mental cruelty

Schools 'in denial' over bullying

Pupils arrested over knife finds

Custody for boy who stabbed baby

Girl, 14, charged over stabbing

Slashed girl ponders legal action

Pupil who raped teacher is named

Boy, 15, arrested over rape claim

New smacking law comes into force

[edit on 28-11-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

Of course if they still had proper discipline in schools like the cane, etc and hadn't stopped parents smacking their kids then it might not have come to this.

Speaking of the cane, I know a family that lives close to where i live that send their kids all the way to India to study there even though they live in the US. They say that the education their is "real" and their kids are brought up without any pampering. Supposedly, in India the use of cane is liberal and so are other forms of corporal punishment, that have vanished from the western system of education.
Another thing, isnt the Indian educational system modeled after the British system during the Empire?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The thing is that pampering people doesn't do any favours. I don't think anyone should be subjected to cruelty or been treated badly or punished unnecessarily, but I think it is fair to make sure that people know if they do something bad then something bad is goingt o happen to them.

Whenever I have spoken to problem kids their response when being honest has always been, "Well I know that no-one can do anything to me so I don't care and do what I want".

Doo-gooders have a lovely, noble idea of how things should be but unfortunatly forget one small thing - human nature.
They think that by being 'nice' all the time and not using severe punishments that kids will grow up and be 'nice'. Well take a look around - anyone that thinks it is working is blind beyond belief.

I'll tell you what a lot of the kids do learn though - they learn that they can do what they want and it doesn't matter because they have 'rights', no-one will punish them in a way worth worrying about and anyone that tries will be in worse trouble then they will be for doing it.

Of course, apart from a small percentage mentally disturbed individuals, most children will never have to be punished very often because they fear the consequences. And when they grow up hopefully they will simply not want to do these things anyway because they will understand the implications and won't want to cause misery to anyone.

Seem to have deviated from the topic but I think it is an excellent idea and seeing as there is little else that can be done thanks to all the kind 'help' from certain people then this is what it has to come down to.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
At my school there is the odd teasing here and there, but not really anyone who's lives are being wrecked (that I know of). I suppose if it is to do with the NWO then children will be use to video surveillance when they're older. But they are considering the introduction of a teacher physically intervening against bullys, which seems a bit late to me.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Why is a cctv camera in the classroom a bad thing?

There are already agents of the state in every classroom, they're called teachers. Having cameras in the classrooms and hallways and school property is an excellent idea.

If teachers had been legally permited to beat students when I was in school, then there'd be a lot of beat up teachers, because I wouldnt' hesitate for a moment to thwonk them over the head if they tried it with me.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just thought that if the NWO is behind it then they would do it more subtly. At my school there are some cameras in the computer rooms, but it's widely believed that they are fake.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Will it solve the problem?

Does CCTV ever solve crime or does it help to display who a victim is? How do you display bullying is on going? Is the CCTV also going to record voice? How will they pick one childs voice over the others?

Maybe they should work at reducing class size, more teachers, helpers and more money for the education system?

Cure the disease and not the symptom.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Britain's youth is disgusting...... I'm ashamed to be one..

There is definately a huge chav problem here in the UK. You can't walk down the street without being shouted at by a bunch of 'hoodies' who try and stab you for your mobil phone or 20p....

[edit on 2-12-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
videos in the homes would be usefull, usualy the kids just act out the bullying they recieve from their scumbag parents. This is a primraray school after all, 5-10 years of age.

chavs are idiots.

yes its another step in surveilance society, not sure if its the real answer to bullying. At least they are not whacking the with canes though.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
i attend an english secondary school, and there are already so many measures in place that track where we are all the time and what we are doing:

1. Security Cameras placed around the school
2. There is a system that if you dont sign in at regestration, parents are informed, and told we are missing from school.
3. We are always getting "Career Forms" asking us what we are thinking about doing when we leave, and stuff like that, asking our interests, where we live, phone numbers and everything.

There are other systems in place, but these are some of the main ones, i feel that they are just a way of finding about all of the students in the school, and using the information against us, for example they know all about what we want to do in life, surely this is some sort of way to control the population?? or am i just being paranoid

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
My school tries to control my whole life. Not just tests, but they give detentions in holidays as well. The cameras we do have, just watch the entrances.

Coincidently, Tony Blair sent his children to the school that I'm at.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I know the crimes these kids are commiting are heinous & wrong, but it has a lot to do with the US Government, & other Wolrd Nations Governments taking away the parents right to punish their kids.

I remember getting My butt beaten by a paddle when I was a kid, if I stepped out of line (I'm 32 now). Today, there's all this "Time Out" crap. Go sit in the corner & "wait" & remember what you did. And that's it...? That's a lot of hooey. The only thing "time out" does, is makes the child sit there & grow up seeing no real punishment, & then prepares them for when they get older, for "Time Out" in juvenille prison or regular prison, as they commit more & more heinous crimes like robbery, rape, & car thefts when they get older.

This all has to do with the HRS in America, & whatever parental groups in Britain, etc that step in when a child gets beaten, not just paddled. They step in & try to tell us how to raise our kids, & that's wrong. I am not saying that a parent should get out of control & beat their children at all, the problem is, that parents have been getting told for centuries now, to spend spend spend, & work work work, to pay it all off, leaving them no home time, leaving them no time for relaxtion, leaving them no proper family time to bond with these children, who then start getting out of control, who start doing wrong things, because there is no strong family feeling anymore.

The only thing putting cameras in school classrooms does, besides the small & obvious thing of stopping bullying & raping of school teachers, is make those school kids see cameras all the time, getting them used to them, desensitzing them, getting them ready for when cameras are everywhere in the rest of the school, the rest of the block outside of school, & the rest of the world.

I'll give you a perfect example of this, out in the real world. Across from where I work, they just installed a "Red Light Camera", & left it unhooked for the first week, then when they hooked it up, when an "offender" runs the red light, they don't get a ticket, they get a "Please Drive More Courtesly" warning, while they're "testing the camera" & it's potential for a permenancy. Eventually, they will decide to make it permanent, & then people will start getting real tickets.

This is a small example of how the cameras in the classroom will work. I'm sure many more people here on ATS have some examples of their own to share with us. Please feel free to do so.

[edit on 6-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am also ashamed to be part of the british youth, now even if its really cold or raining i wont but my hood up on my (non chavvy) hoody purely because of the rest of the population prejudging me as a chav. (i mean just today on my way out i saw a girl about the age of 14 with stretch markets visable on her stomach and a boyfriend in a TN hat pushing a pram... what has the world come too??)

anyway back to subject:
Why in primary schools? i remember when i used to be in primary school and bullying was easy to control for teachers becuase young children are scared easily. like now in my years of secondary school stuff i would have thought to be a death sentence in primary school is now almost everyday such as swearing and the occasional fight.

So really if camera where to be set up why not in secondary schools when it gets really violent especially as the gun and knife crime rate is getting higher and use of weapon age is getting lower, or is this the case are kid carrying knifes in primary school?

top topics

join