It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my real name is...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think user names are too short, if I could fit my whole name it would be

"Thinks2muchspeaks2muchbutsaysnothing"

instead I shortened and rephrase it to be an exhortation for others, instead of reflective of me, however in reality I do think too much...

hi guys

hmmmmm not sure who all reads this board but hope someone will be gracious enough to understand where I am coming from and thus be tolerant when you come accross my posts on a thread

I think I may need to pop over to the adopt a newbie thread too...however I risk being euthanized before ever being adopted I'm sure...

you may be tempted to make fun of me for being simple minded or for my inability to articulate things as well as others, though my IQ would indicate better potential for thought and expression, that is one aptitude I am afraid was never seen to fruition...

Often my attempts to communicate with those of superior minds has me seen as trying to keep up with the Joneses intellectually so to speak, and I really hate that the world of those who think outside of the box have such an elitist society as to be very exclusionary at times.... feeling so intellectually, philosophically, and in essense even existentially superior.

I have an older brother for example who is a genius as is our father. Both of them are quite articulate and yet though my understanding sometimes makes their diatribes seem almost too obvious and simplistic to me, still I could never counter them and "hold my own" in a discussion because I don't have the way to express myself...

Seriously, I might as well be Jerry Lewis when I try to speak, or express myself online. "Heellllllllllllllllllloooooooow?" Yeah I know you youngin's don't even know who that is....I barely do

it's funny really, like some kind of ironic curse that I can see so much in the world, and understand so much, often much of what others don't... and yet can express NOTHING legitamte as if a spell were cast upon me.

Like the MORE I see and understand, the LESS I am able to say....and the more I do attempt to say they less that is really said!!!

....I'm telling you the irony is enough to kill me

but worst of all is the isolation of finding boards like this with people who often THINK like me, or in contrast inspire me to think in another direction, or take it up a notch in understanding and who can express it, and from whom I can learn from, and enjoy their "company"...and yet...because I cannot equally express myself I am not their peer, thus I am disregarded as naught.

I am not naught-I am a person of thought...great thought...too much thought...and vast understanding and above all humble-meaning teachable most of all

...and besides that I'm a hell of a person

I just never have enough articulate expression to impress anyone and often too much simplistic communication-but it's my only way of reaching out and not letting the isolation control me-as again it's ironic that such a subculture of thinkers have their own biased control systems to divide themselves into groups of the intellectually elite and the morons ...

so anyway (speaking of mind-numbing banal diatribes, right?) ignore me if you must, but understand I still may have to have my say so I feel I exist

Oh and thanks to my military service I am a DAV from GW1 and I can promise you as further explanation for me seeming to be a complete idiot, that my service has done nothing but diminished my mental capacity further and it's been on the decline since then.

So I sit at home in wonderment of the fact I have co-created life 4 times and am surviving in a world so full of excrement I'm surprised I can dive into life and breathe without a sh*t-scuba suit

But I've enjoyed lurking here, and hope if you see me on a board you'll be gentle with me...I don't know the ropes, the lingo, the "wink wink" inside of these things and I will surely never be part of the intellectually elite nor the articualte "in-crowd", but I'll just hang out anyway if you don't mind too much

(Think of me as a pet...don't expect too much from me, but when you put some effort into training me I can learn a trick rather quick....attaboy!-Just don't try to teach me to speak!)

off to offer up my loyalty on the adopt a pet board...

[edit on 28-11-2005 by think2much]

Edit: Censor circumvention.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your long stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS think2much. It sounds to me like you have a really good ability to proses information but have difficulty in communicating it. I've been told that I am like that and I feel that ATS has helped me in strengthening my communication skills.
Anyway, enjoy to forum

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Welcome aboard. Check out BTS for lighter topics and Politics@ for political discussion. Later.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Welcome, my name was Ned in a former life, and one day I posted this for myself, and would like to share it with you.

Originally posted by NedJed or Ted in bed with a messy head all mad and seeing red having eaten fish with lead not even a chance of it being said hit his head hard and it bled and now will end up dead!

Greetings,

Let me welcome you into the commonality known as ATS. It is with great amusement that I christen you an ATS'er after such an extensive time on the banks peering into the watercourse so to speak.

I only hope that we, as a community, can live up to the great expectations placed upon us, and every other tenderfoot constituent, that sets mouse and cursor upon the pilgrimage to "contradict unenlightenment" (DENY IGNORANCE).

With that I bid Godspeed to you and yours ATS. May we encounter one another again my friend in
benevolent banter as we deliberate conspiracy topics!

- One Man Short ®

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, check out the links in my sig for useful info

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcomes ...and um...

Edit: Censor circumvention.

sorry!

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Always welcome the new members, after all they're the ones we get to watch stumble around & remind us of our beginnings in here. =)

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
WELCOme, this sure was the longest introduction that I've ever read... Enjoy your stay...

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Greetings newbie enjoy

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

WELCOme, this sure was the longest introduction that I've ever read... Enjoy your stay...

Yeah well, don't pretend you read it -haha-hey I had to at least explain *though I am an idiot I'm not as bad as it will surely appear* so you could just give me a little slack if you came accross a post of mine...like the one here!

I know I know...walk like a dumb duck, talk like a dumb duck must be a dumb______

but it's not always true!! ( I swear)

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Think2much,

The more options you see, the more difficult the choice.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by think2much
I think user names are too short, if I could fit my whole name it would be

"Thinks2muchspeaks2muchbutsaysnothing"

instead I shortened and rephrase it to be an exhortation for others,

I am so glad you did because by the time I had attempted to get myself around that i would have completely forgot what was doing there in the first place.

Now where was I ..Oh introductions, yes Welcome aboard, have fun and enjoy.

top topics

join