It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aid Workers Kidnapped in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:
JAK

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
While British officials in Baghdad investigate the killing two British civilians from London visiting holy sites in Iraq, an "urgent investigation" into the possible kidnapping of four people, two Canadians an Englishman and possibly an American is getting underway. The Briton has been named as Professor Norman Kember from London who was apparently 'representing a number of humanitarian aid groups'

news.bbc.co.uk
Four Western aid workers, including two Canadians and a Briton, have been kidnapped in Iraq, officials say.

A senior Canadian official confirmed that two Canadian nationals were seized in the capital Baghdad on Saturday.

The UK Foreign Office later named a Briton believed to have been abducted with them. The fourth is said to be American, but there is no confirmation.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Uk Foreign Secretary Jack Straw has reportedly met with Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari to discuss the situation. 'Special British embassy hostage teams ' are said to be trying to determine the motives behind the kidnapping although having recieved no ransom demands or contact of any kind Jim Muir working in Baghdad "suggested the motive for the crime may not be financial,"

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
today.re uters.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk

[edit on 28/11/05 by JAK]

[edit on 30-11-2005 by asala]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
You might want to improve the title.

How horrific that they kidnapp aid workers.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Mr McTeague repeated Canada's advisory to its citizens not to travel to Iraq.

"Under no circumstances should Canadians be there," Mr McTeague said. "The situation remains very unstable... and continues to be a danger for all foreign travellers."

When in Iraq ... wait, before U go, listen to your nations advisory on foreign travel :shk:

Naw, I was saddened to read this, how awful ... yet avoidable I'm sorry to say. And I do know they were there to help and all but damn, c'mon now.

*sigh*

Ok i'm struggling here, I don't know what to think anymore. This is gettin real tired, I don't want to see this BS in the headlines anymore

Blah. Gonna sleep on it

[edit on 28-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Anyone know whether Norman Kember, James Loney, Harmeet Singh Sooden and Tom Fox have been released or any other news?

The deadline was due to be 11/12/05

BBC News Link

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I just signed a letter a few days ago requesting their release, I guess it is going to be published in some newspaper over there, if anyone wants the link I will find it and post it.

new topics

top topics

join