It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basij Demonstraition. (Pictures)

page: 1

join
share:
NR

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Just some ceremony I guess, Basij are the most toughest and well trained unit of irans army, These guys don't take no for an answer and will fight no matter what. I was a little bit more interested on the iranian made AK's instead..

[edit on 28-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Correct me if Im wrong but Basij are not part of the official army of Iran but rather a sub-army (that a word?) since they consist of 7 odd million people, so they cant be better trained than the Iranian Army, Special forces, IRGC etc..

They are used to mainly fight off an invasion because of its size, they are very experienced in guerilla warfare apperantly.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by shire19]

NR

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by shire19
Correct me if Im wrong but Basij are not part of the official army of Iran but rather a sub-army (that a word?) since they consist of 7 odd million people, so they cant be better trained than the Iranian Army, Special forces, IRGC etc..

They are used to mainly fight off an invasion because of its size, they are very experienced in guerilla warfare apperantly.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by shire19]

correct, some are and some are just volunteers, Basiji actually holds or controls some areas of irans military. There's still some veterans left from iran/iraq war that are in basiji and we had alot of experience with guerilla warfare but nowadays its just a place to train volunteers and patrol around iran arresting people and seeing the activity of citizens. Basij is to grow to 11 million volunteers in the coming years...

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Do you think the whole 7 million + whatever other forces you have are sufficiently armed to fight prolonged battles? Ive wondered what a moderm fight with an army of millions of infantry would be like.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality
Do you think the whole 7 million + whatever other forces you have are sufficiently armed to fight prolonged battles? Ive wondered what a moderm fight with an army of millions of infantry would be like.

I doubt so, Iran doesnt have the logistics to use such an huge army against a modern army.. China barely can with its 2.3(?)million soldiers.

But if its for defence purposes (invasion etc), then they'll sure give any invading power hell (that is if none of the "big bombs" the world has these days arent used).

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
its funny to see Iranians look like Arabs!!!!! its just funny. be harhal in regime karesh sakhtasht rafigh. mano to khoob midoonim!

NR

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by aria
its funny to see Iranians look like Arabs!!!!! its just funny. be harhal in regime karesh sakhtasht rafigh. mano to khoob midoonim!

Those guys with those things are Iranian-arabs, chera hay kos megieh? give it a rest dude it's our army these guys volunteered so they can fight for us show some respect.... Shire Iran is a defence country so yes anybody running to Tehran will have to go through these guys.. Imagine 7 million people coming at you

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
shame victroy though numbers doesnt play a vital part in wars
but air and sea superiority

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

(shrugs) back then, numbers were important, but now technology helps to dissolve such easy victories by numbers.

NR

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by bodrul

(shrugs) back then, numbers were important, but now technology helps to dissolve such easy victories by numbers.

Not true, a couple of iraqis were able to kill over 2,000 of your troops, what do you have to say about that?.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Not true, a couple of iraqis were able to kill over 2,000 of your troops, what do you have to say about that?.

Sadly the numbers of iraqis killed was far greater and that was after they lost lost two conventional wars decisively (and with massive casualties). Still from what I can see the Iranians know they can't beat the Americans in a conventional fight. Heck, no country in the world can. Thats why they have these volunteer troops.

Am I correct in asuming the job of these soldiers would be to melt away from the fighting and wait until ocupation to conduct sabotage operations ( which given their numbers would be highly effective) or would the be actively employed in the defence of Iran? Should they go up against conventional American troops backed up by air power I don't think they would win. When the Iraqis massed the Republican Guard Medina Division outside Baghdad it just provided one nice fat target allowing the Americans to wipe the whole division out with a spread of Daisy Cutters.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Those guys with those things are Iranian-arabs, chera hay kos megieh? give it a rest dude it's our army these guys volunteered so they can fight for us show some respect.... Shire Iran is a defence country so yes anybody running to Tehran will have to go through these guys.. Imagine 7 million people coming at you

First of all you don't need to say kos mighieh!!! I don't say it to you! We have different opinions.

Those guys are not Iranian-Arabs and you know that! Those are brain washed kids who are barely 17 years old!

If your grandfather was executed as an Imperial Iranian Airforce General by the Islamic Republic of Iran you would say something else.

I'm proud of Iranian Shirs but not when they are saluting some crazy people who wants to whipe out Israel and those who suppress their students!

This is my grandfather:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Weird,
They all look "scared to death"

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Weird,
They all look "scared to death"

They are not scared to death, but they are even ready to blow themselfs up for their leaders and their ideology!

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Blow themselves up.
Thats a great idea.
I'd like to see a training video.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR

A couple? Takes alot more couple to kill 2000 troops in just 3 years. You see how much casualties inflicted on the enemy side. Ooo yeah they dont do body counts on themselves and put up on the internet. Trust me it takes alot of people to inflict that number of casualties on the American side as we have seen in America's past wars. Of course the British were the only ones to inflict more than we inflict on them during the Revolutionary war and 1812 war.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Blow themselves up.
Thats a great idea.
I'd like to see a training video.

There is no video available, not yet at least. but it goes like this:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
LMAO

What are you trying to do?
Make my day?

NR

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Aria show me proof thats your grandfather i like to see some more pic instead of the internet, your not even persian i bet, probably some sunni arab kid trying to get revenge...

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
Aria show me proof thats your grandfather i like to see some more pic instead of the internet, your not even persian i bet, probably some sunni arab kid trying to get revenge...

NR, lol? I don't think this is funny. So you think that I'm an Arab! Excuse me serg, but I hate Arabs (Kholafateh Omar, Osman and Ali) because of what they did to Iran for those 184 years in power (636 till 820 A.C.)

I do not like Arabs for the terrorist actions in Israel, Egypt, Oman, Iraq, Indonesia, New York etc...

I do not like Arabs because they said we Persians are slaves to them! They said that in an era that Arabs lived in the Arabian deserts with having only 6 cities, wearing no shoes, killing other tribes, stealing eachothers camels, drinking camelmilk, abducting little girls and selling them as slaves, not able to read or write while Persia was the center of science (4 universities), culture, economy (3 large bazaars) for 410 years (please, read the Omar history or any Sassanian history books). Also in that time Persian was the international language for the second time (after Achaemenian Persian)

I do not like Arabs because they burned all of our history books, steal our scientific books, treasures and killed many people (please read History of Arab by Mahmood Bin Mahmood, this book was published in 1939 in Cairo)

I do not like Arabs for 1001 reasons.

NR, I know that you are an IRIAF pilot, my respect for that, I know that you think that the IRI is the best choise for Iran and you are willing to sacrifice yourself for the IRI. That's your opinion and your choise.
In my opinion the IRI has brought us 200 years back.

Nowadays Iran is developing its own tanks, stealth jetfighters, nightvisions, guns, rockets etc... But do you know why they do it? Please let me explain:

When Saddam invaded Iran no Western country did help us Only Israel. Some months ago I saw a documentary on BBC about Saddam and his connection with the CIA. Also former European politician were invited.
In one part they talked about the Iraq-Iran war. They all said that Iran had to lose that war, If we do not help Saddam Iran will take Baghdad in less than 5 or 6 weeks. So no matter what happens Iran must lose this war. The point was that Iran had built a weapon arsenal that could survive for at least 25 years without buying any new weapons. This fact concerned them! So they started immediately with supplying Iraq and begun to warn Israel to stop helping Iran!

Today only Russia and sometimes China and N. Korea are helping Iran with developing their/our own weapons because nobody is selling us weapons, unless its crap! So the IRI has to develop it by themselfs. I'm proud of that, but we should started that 200 years ago!!!!

Let me tell you this poet in Farsi (my apologize fot those who can't speak Farsi):
hamisheh shorooyeh toofan ba ye bado aghazeh seyle khorooshan, ghatrei abeh bezar behtar begham ke in faghat ye avazeh az 60 milion faryadeh, jarishodeye hanjareyeh afradeh diegheh, ke mesle man ye sarbazeh iraniano az vazeh keshvareshoon naraziando, az in ke bad az 12 gharn talash hanooz zireh solteyeh kholafayeh tazian......

[edit on 1-12-2005 by aria]

new topics

top topics

join