It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DirectX.9c help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I've been looking everywhere for a DirectX.9c to run a free trial of a game I got. I can't find it anywhere!!
If anyone has any links to a site which has it and doesn't need money or a validation process then please post it here
I've only got another 9 days on the game

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
DirectX is brought to you free with the compliments of Mr Gates. (Believe it or not!)

Official Microsoft DirectX Site

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This needs a validation(Did you read the the top post).
I did get a DirectX.9c_redist_exe from some site(I can't remember the name) but I need to extract some files to some place and I don't know where! Can someone tell me where to put them?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burn The Witch
This needs a validation(Did you read the the top post).
I did get a DirectX.9c_redist_exe from some site(I can't remember the name) but I need to extract some files to some place and I don't know where! Can someone tell me where to put them?

LoL. Yes I did read the top post. I wasn't aware that it needs validation. Sorry. At what stage does it ask for validation, and what kind of validation does it ask for? I'm sure this is new on the MS site?

There's still thousands of other sites you can download it, without having to talk to the Microsoft Server.
www.softwarepatch.com...

Google for many more.

But seeing that you already have the Redist Setup, don't worry about that. The DirectX 9.0c Redistributable version is for people who doesn't have "direct Internet Access", i.e. all files are downloaded in one package (rather than an active download).
If I understand you correctly, when you run the setup, it asks you where to extract the files? You can choose any folder you want. It's only a temp folder. Just remember where you extracted the files to. After the extraction go to the temp folder and look for another setup files. There may be more than one. There should also be a readme.txt file explaining the installation.

Does that solve it?

Remember that DirectX cannot be uninstalled once you upgraded!

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I'll try that, thanks

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I found the dxsetup and installed it but the game doesn't acknowledge it, it says I still have DirectX.9b. Would a restart do?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
What game is it your playing? The correct directX comes with most game on the disc.Also check your version by clicking Start>Run dxdiag just to make sure.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Yes, definitely a restart! And as Merkeva said "check your version by clicking Start>Run dxdiag" ... There's many installation issues with DX 9c ... (One I'm aware of is Sims 2). Let us know if the restart didn't help, then we can walk through another way.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I restarted it and the same thing happened, It's a free trial of Star Wars Galaxies, I found a file called mdxredist and I'm downloading the NET things for it, I'm gonna try it now and see what happens

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I installed the NET code things and then I used the mdxredist and then I installed the DirectX AGAIN! AND IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!
I have the Sims 2 and that has DirectX.9c but I don't have it with me!

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
It may also be that DX 9c is incompatible with something else on your PC - most likely your graphics card. Still this is highly unlikely as it only happens with older PC's.

(Stupid question... But still...) Are you 100% sure that it's the installation for 9c?

Did the game tell you that you need DirectX 9.0c during the installation, and did it at that point offer you the opportunity to include it during the installation?

Do you have MS XP Service pack 2?

Does it say 9.0b when you run the DirectX diagnostics?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I don't understand the "NET code things" and why it's needed for the installation?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Microsoft .NET Framework is it? Try re-downloading directX sometimes files can become corrupted during the download.Oh and how did u get the free trial of galaxys I've been waiting ages for them to give more free trials!

(Microsoft .NET Framework is probally used for SWgalaxys launcher)

[edit on 28-11-2005 by Merkeva]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
My mom will be delivering the Sims 2 to me and I can get DX9c off of that.

I got Galaxies off www.gamedaily.com, it takes a few hours to download.

Installing the NET Framework won't harm the PC or change anything significant will it?(This ain't my PC)

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
No .Net Framwork wont do your pc any harm at all, its just an enviroment for running or building certain types of programs.Its a bit like microsofts answer Sun's Java.Good luck with getting Galaxys running I might give it a go myself, do you need a credit card to sign up for the free trial?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The DX9 off the Sims 2 didn't work, downloading a 'directx_9c_Dec04sdk_redist.exe' gonna try that out, and no you don't need a credit card for a 'FREE' trial

new topics

top topics

join