It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are swear words really that bad?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
You guys obviously never saw the South Park episode where they got to use the S-word. It turns out that curse words, are just that. Curse Words. If you use them often enough a horrible demon is released that will destroy the world.

That was a parody of a 16th Century English Catholic Chruch Conversion play "The Castle of Preservense"(sp?). I KNOW I LOVE SOUTH PARK!LOL
AJ WOULD BE PROUD.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
I am perfectly okay with swearing like the S-word and any word but the F-word cause the F-word is pretty bad. I accept it sometimes when its funny when some one says it, but when he is saying it out of anger of frustration its not good. (unless its funny :lol

So, then swearing is not ok, depending upon what word.

There is the answer. No, it isn't acceptable.

It's ok, unless a child is encouraged to do so. then, it is understood that it isn't ok as we don't want the children to be anything but better than what we are.

Want to learn whether or not it is ok? Use it in front of my mother in my presence. The E.R. doctor will explain what happened to you, and you can put the pieces together from there.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Want to learn whether or not it is ok? Use it in front of my mother in my presence. The E.R. doctor will explain ...... . . . and you can put the pieces together from there.

That is what I'm paying the doctor for. The Doctor can put the pieces together.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
more about saliors.
profanity edited
and another thing, benevolent tyrant, what makes you think that educated articlulate, intelligent people are likely to swaer less?

id say it ius more probably these people were brought up in a family or watever that saw them selves as better then "commoners" and so didnt let their kids swear.

i know plenty of people that are articulate and intelligent, that swear.

like english teachers, or every single person i go to university with, lecturers included.

my cousin is a doctor of geological engenieering, he swears.

it isnt about how smart or educated you are, its about how your brought up and wat your told is acceptable.

most intelligent people i think would realise they are just words.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by tiddly54]

[edit on 29-11-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Intelligent people know what is acceptable. Because not everyone posting here fits that catagory and because of the editing I've just had to do, it is obvious that this topic is beyond the ability of some and must be closed.

Sorry folks, since there are children who frequent this site, and since it is evident that some feel the need to teach them things that most parents would not find proper, thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join