It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They moved Area 51

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Okay, I'm not digging thru all those mags to find it, but I found it on their website just the same. It was published in 1997. I still have the mag, just don't have the time to sort thru all of them, I keep all mag subscriptions.

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Here is one link to what I think Area 51 is on Google Earth. Its weird if you look at other pics there is a alamo something car center. and they mark the roads. Rachel Nevada has no roads and it is away from A51. My guess is that they did that on pupose so you couldn't find Area 51.

img517.imageshack.us...

Another one zoomed out, excpet look at it. It looks like there is a city near it. img508.imageshack.us...

It is an Alamo Chevron? lol WTF.

Oh here is my house. Luckily I remembered to take out the street name. lol.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanLeonidas
Okay, I'm not digging thru all those mags to find it, but I found it on their website just the same. It was published in 1997. I still have the mag, just don't have the time to sort thru all of them, I keep all mag subscriptions.

The article seems like a lot of speculation to me and the last sentence seems to confirm what I think.

So there should be no shortage of fascinating speculation for years to come. (same source as the article)

I also noted he mentioned distinctively painted CT-43 aircraft and from what I have read in the past the aircraft that flew from Vegas to A51 had no markings on them at all and that again makes me wonder about what he claims.

Surely if this new A51 existed as he contends there would have been some signs around for him to take pictures of, yet he had none. We also have mention by others that contradict what he says when it comes to the closing of a51 which stated there have been new projects at the current a51.

[edit on 11/30/2005 by shots]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
Here is one link to what I think Area 51 is on Google Earth. Its weird if you look at other pics there is a alamo something car center. and they mark the roads. Rachel Nevada has no roads and it is away from A51. My guess is that they did that on pupose so you couldn't find Area 51.

img517.imageshack.us...

Another one zoomed out, excpet look at it. It looks like there is a city near it. img508.imageshack.us...

This is not Area 51's flightline. Nor is there any dry lake bed such as "Groom Lake" nearby. Nor is this flightline long enough to be the purported length of Area 51's flightline. Nor is this Rachel, Nevada. Also, this flightline is less than 3 miles from highway 93, and is not near "Extraterrestrial Highway".

Use the "Hybrid" both map and sat. pics.

Follow Highway 93 north to "Extraterrestrial Highway". When you follow Extraterrestrial Highway to the West, and then northwards, you will notice some very green circles. This is Rachel, Nevada. About an hour and a half to 2 hour drive from the location on the link.

There is a gravel road that turns off to the left as the "E.T. Highway" starts to turn Northwards towards Rachel. Follow the gravel road to the left (West) until you find a flighline that is about 3 to 4 times as long as the one on the link.

Another way to find Area 51 from the flightline in this link is to go Westward about 40 miles, and a couple miles south.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited to Add:

Access this link and blow it up to about 1/2 way.

See the group of green circles off to the left? There are 20 3/4 circles to be exact. This is Rachel, Nevada. Now follow "E.T. Highway 375 Southbound until it takes a sharp turn Eastwards. Follow the gravel road Westward until you hit Area 51.

local.google.com...,+-116.77000&ll=37.790286,-116.770012&spn=0.005139,0.015819&t=k&hl=en

[edit on 30-11-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
That is an image of the airport at Alamo. Not military.
www.nevadadot.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hank
That is an image of the airport at Alamo. Not military.
www.nevadadot.com...

Thanks Hank! Had me wondering and trying to find out what it was. Kudos. Kudos for who presented it, an honest mistake, and besides .... .

I learned something new! Thanks guys.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Esoteric Teacher I tried going to rachel and it shows no roads!!!!! So I can't go south on a road. It looks like this...

There is one road and I followed it to the left and then it beared right but either way you follow it, it connects to road you first started on. Then it comes to an intersection. The road is called old corn road. I am still trying to find it. AND LITTLE ALE INN IS NO WHERE NEAR RACHEL NEVADA ON GOOGLE EARTH. VERY FRUSTRATING. CAUSE I KNOW IT IS.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hear is this intersection I found.

Also I mean WTF is this. Old corn creek rd? It goes in every direction and it is everywhere! Esoteric, down load google earth its free. It does not work on macs though. Download so you can try to find it.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Conspiracy Theorist06,

I am currentlyutilizing a government computer, which is attached to a system that will not permit me to download the map you are looking at, but I don't know where you are on the map, but I promise you: The pictures you are showing me do not resemble what my memory tells me of where I've been. Perhaps we are spelling Rachel wrong? Rachelle, Rachele? I'm not sure what to tell you, but I know one of the links I gave will show you where Rachell (spelling?) and A-51 is.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Found lil ale inn' except it shows it a few miles from rachel. well I guess it is in it but not directly.

This is a zoomed out picture to show you the relation of how close Rachel,Nevada is to lil ale inn on google earth

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
oh and here is my funny photo I threw in. Hilarious what you can do with google earth.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The coards. for A51 are as follows:

37 degrees 14'13.92N
115 degress 48'18.08W

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
well i think its true first off on this one site i go to i made a thread on is area 51 a divertion for somthing bigger like they put that act all toufgh so we want to know when somewhere else there coould be an old coffe shop broken down the go there to an underground tunnel ive heard alot about them moving it and also that theve abandedn stuff so if someone went out there snuck i that base since no ones there take photos of the inside

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
just type in groom lake on the google earth search window u will go there.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I would so love to see this silly "Area 51 moved..." nonsense go away. It never went anywhere, its still quite an active test facility. Still a busy place for testing new generations of aircraft, UAVs, and evaluating foreign hardware.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wait, if they moved Area 51 then why are there still snipers there guarding the place? A bit strange, if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Jim Wilson used the term "moved" in a metaphorical sense, meaning that the operations once done at groom lake have moved. I disagree with this still. The base is still fully active and probably still conducts black projects. The problem with his claims is that he hadn't done his research and he had actually crossed the border at an inactive part, namely Range 61 I believe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join