It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for atlantis...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I believe that Atlantis exists under the Caribbean Sea and possibly under a few feet of dirt or sand.

But I do not believe that Atlantis will ever be found. It would take a major shift of water on this planet. In other words where the water is now, like the Atlantic ocean and the Caribbean Sea, would have to shift to another place here on Earth. And then archeologists would need to go in and dig to find it.

And then by the time all of the shifting of waters took place the story of Atlantis could be lost to everyone who survived the shifts.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by ZyPHeR
. I think we need to find a relic that says "ATLANTIS" before we go on believing it any longer.

I dont know if I would go that far. If Schliemann felt that way we would never have found the city of Troy. We had no relic with that said made in Troy and many respected archaeologists thought it was just a myth.

But ZyPHer didn't say we should wait until we find a relic that says "made in Atlantis," did he?

No, and we had thousands of relics and literary works that mentioned Troy long before Schliemann ever found those ruins. I believe ZyPHer's point here is that there ought to be some mention of Atlantis in some ancient literature or at least some Atlantean-themed artwork or pottery discovered before we "go on believing it any longer."

I agree wholeheartedly.

Harte

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Several thousand years ago, there was a group of seafarers who travelled the globe doing what traders do, trading.

You're basically talking about the Phonecians, who later became the Hebrews. Curiously, the Egyptians called Hebrews the "'Ipiru,'" which could easily be a variation on "Peru," or "from Peru."

So the Atlanteans were first Peruvians (who built the huge stone foundations of Machu Pichu, among other places), and were later Phonecians, who became Hebrews.

Yes, it all makes sense now! I think we're on to something!

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think the idea of atlantis being in the bermuda triangle is probable.
all the ships and planes that go missing and can't be accounted for have to be somewhere. like how many times have they scanned the surface under the triangle and never come up with anything despite the thousands of vessels that have vanished.

could their still be life in atlantis? people or extra terrestrials living their stealing the souls of the people that pass over the ancient site?

then their is always the theory that atlantis is under antarctica. this one i like because its just so feesable. as the earth rotated and tipped on its axis the land of atlantis slipped into the polar region and iced over. that would mean that all the evidence and artifacts found their would be almost perfectly preserved.
that would be sweet.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
then their is always the theory that atlantis is under antarctica. this one i like because its just so feesable. as the earth rotated and tipped on its axis the land of atlantis slipped into the polar region and iced over. that would mean that all the evidence and artifacts found their would be almost perfectly preserved.
that would be sweet.

so feasable? im not sure what you mean by the earth tipping on its axis...but it is widely accepted that the earth's orbit has been very predictable, with a miniscule amount of wobble. The planet orbits the sun while it spins on an axis itself. The only thing I could imagine you're thinking about is a theory that due to extreme weight shifts on the earth due to continental glaciers, it has SUGGESTED that maybe the entire crust of the earth moved as a whole (imagine a loose skin on an orange) but even that theory doesn't suggest radical shifts like that. Still...plate movement is a pretty agreed upon fact, I don't think atlantis suddely decided to slip under the polar ice cap and freeze into modern day antarctica...

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i know where Shangri La/Shambula is but atlantis is a mystery as for the "Bermuda Triangle" it has already been debunked by several adventurous researchers.

Atllantis was metioned all over the place Greece,Rome,Egypt etc. which begs the question did they lie or did it exist up until a few millennia ago until it met it's dimise?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Atlantis may be in the bermuda triangle

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
I think the idea of atlantis being in the bermuda triangle is probable.
all the ships and planes that go missing and can't be accounted for have to be somewhere. like how many times have they scanned the surface under the triangle and never come up with anything despite the thousands of vessels that have vanished.

could their still be life in atlantis? people or extra terrestrials living their stealing the souls of the people that pass over the ancient site?

that would be sweet.

i would have to completely agree with the second suggestion
the first one though..is a little harder to believe.
some people don't believe in the triangle
and some do not believe in aliens..
though i do, many don't.
the second suggestion though makes perfect sense.
it is possible and that is an area that no scientists or anyone
knows much about.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
Atllantis was metioned all over the place Greece,Rome,Egypt etc. which begs the question did they lie or did it exist up until a few millennia ago until it met it's dimise?

Doctor,

Physician, heal thyself!
There is absolutely no Roman or Egyptian "mention" of Atlantis - not a single solitary one! Where do you people come up with this crap?

There are exactly two Greek "mentionings" of Atlantis, the Critias and the Timaeus, both are parts of what we today call Plato's "Dialogues." Yes, both dialogues are by the same author, Plato, and both are comprised of conversations (dialogues) between the same three people that are standing on the ancient Greek equivalent of a sidewalk, swapping stories. No other "mention" of Atlantis exists anywhere in the world.

Read a book, for God's sake.

Harte

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
That is exactly my point, thanks for taking note and giving examples harte. Plato is the only man to have written about the fabled "Atlantis". Others may have written about it and given it different names? Who knows. But are we to believe this one man? Or is what he wrote a work of fiction? A tall tale?

On another note, I do like where the discussions are going... I do believe we ARE putting a few pieces together with the whole phoenician, peru, machu pichu theory
. It actually seems to make sense in a slightly scattered way. Any other inputs?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I heard there were other stories similar to Plato's Atlantis. I think he heard it from an Egyptian king or somthing, i can't remember, but its pretty hard to find a small continent that is at the very depths of the seas, considering that 70% of this earth is water.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Yeah, but you would figure with all our current advances in technology, sonar, submarines, floodlights, scuba divers, etc. we would be able to find it, ya know? Thats like all the pyramids in egypt. Use GPR, Ground Penetrating Radar and you can easily find out if theres something where you're looking!!
-Z-

P.S. If you guys like this thread, please flag and/or add to favorites! Thanks!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I remember hearing about this rock formation that looked man made that they found underwater but scientists couldn't agree if it was a natural formation, because it dated back way before any of the first civilizations. Homo Sapiens been around for over 250,000 years, and 6000 BC is the first civilization? I doubt that. There is alot of history we forgotten, and alot of civilizations that got rebuilt over and destroyed.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Like the old stories of vimanas, flying ships that had nuclear powers. Theres even ancient nuclear reactors that have been found. Giants bones that have been unearthed showing people 30+ feet tall!! There is a lot more than caveman to man like they would like us to believe.
Look up OOPARTS (Out Of Place Artifacts) and make your own judgement.

They found a stepped ziggurat off the coast of japan, I believe it was... and they had no clue what yo think of it. My question is... whats below the stairs? Is there an underwater pyramid? Any etchings or drawings? Anything to tell us of the people who made it? All of these structures we're finding underwater and not one clue of the culture who made them, or how they got them that low on earth. Was the earth once without water?
A lot of things dont add up for me. I think the net of information suppression is bigger than we can imagine.
-Z-

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yea I believe ALOT of civilizations were flooded and lost. All these civilizations appeared out of nowhere and there is little to no evidence of anything before 6000BC or so. So somthing happened.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

If you want to find "Atlantis", the means to do so has just been divulged to the world. The Labryinth of Egypt has been found. The Belgian Press broke the story today and the International Press will be breaking the story tomorrow. The www.december212012.com website has broken the news in the Americas.

Get ready for the time of your life.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Dude, cant find anything about it on there...
Can you give me a specific link right to it bud?
Thanks. Sounds interesting. I read a little about it on the net. I have a huge minotaur tatted on my back.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have all the info you need for the Labyrinth of Egypt, ironically on his original post about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join