It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for atlantis...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Looking for atlantis is like looking for a specific sunflower seed in a pile of them by given directions. There are a lot of sites that can be attributed with descriptions of atlantis... my feeling is that maybe we've already found it? Maybe atlantis was overstated and there were more advanced formations, similar to atlantis but better, so when we stumbled upon them we thought atlantis was still unfound.... after all, atlantis was supposed to be a great kingdom and to think that plato or someone else may have overstated how great this city was is simply beyond understanding to most people. I think it makes sense in my own weird sort of way. Maybe we've found it, but it's already been pillaged for all its information by robbers, governments, extraterrestrials, or otherwise? I think theres a lot more to think about than just finding atlantis itself. I think we need to find a relic that says "ATLANTIS" before we go on believing it any longer.
This is only my opinion and my opinion alone, but I would like to hear all your thoughts on this please?
I always have crazy notions in my head and want to express them and ATS seems to be the only site I feel free to do so without feeling crazy or being criticized too harshly. Much love guys, holla back!
GO ATS!
-Z-

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZyPHeR
. I think we need to find a relic that says "ATLANTIS" before we go on believing it any longer.

I dont know if I would go that far. If Schliemann felt that way we would never have found the city of Troy. We had no relic with that said made in Troy and many respected archaeologists thought it was just a myth.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I think that Earth is atlantis. Yep. You know how it could rise and sink into and out of water. Well isn't Earth doing that? Hasn't it already done it? Like 40 billion years ago Earth was mostly all water.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
Hasn't it already done it? Like 40 billion years ago Earth was mostly all water.

The earth is only estimated to be 4.5 billion years old. The entire universe is only about 13 to 14 billion years old.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I think the Americas is still the best bet for Atlantis. Plato said it was past the 'pillars of hercules' taken to be the straits of gibralter. And ancient indian texts speak of advanced lands to the east...connect the dots.

Also, I believe in 2000 or 2001, a 9,500 year old city was found beneath the waves in the bay of cambay (India). the city, supposedly, was more advanced than it's later Harrapan sister colony in the Indus. If Atlantis did exist, I'm sure it was nowhere near as adanced as say...the romans, but I suspect they were proabably as advanced as Greece's high points...maybe. And a civilisation like that 11,000 years ago really would be talked of as a legend.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If atlantis existed my own thoughts are this. After reading many books about it and others that scouted around the subject i personally feel that if it did exist it is where plato says it was. Now the atlantic is a big place and ive read many theories from it being cuba,antillies florida and other bahamian islands and of course the azores. The only one out of them i personally feel could be atlantis is cuba however this is all guess work on my part.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
...Damnit Plato, cant you be a LITTLE more specific?!?!

Jus kiddin, hehe...
But as I said, all descriptions of atlantis STILL make it possible to be any number of places, scattered throughout the world. Why havent we found ONE sunken city that obviously was so advanced it prevailed over all others? I just would figure with all the satellite imagery and ground penetrating radar and whatnot, we should easily be able to find atlantis. Its likely our government HAS found it and is using its technology for a dark weapon as usual.
I love all the opinions though, keep postin them everyone! Stay up people, Peace!
-Z-

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Could be tha bahamas or BVI. (bristish virgin islands) or it could be the bermuda triangle. something to do with that.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
Could be tha bahamas .

I like this theory
Infact 9,000-10,000 years ago (platos timescale) sea levels were about 300ft lower since there was a Ice Age going on. The Bahamas, Cuba etc.. would have been much bigger almost been a mini continent.

If there was a sea-farring civilization in that location all their ports and costal cities would be under 300ft of water now.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   

.Why havent we found ONE sunken city that obviously was so advanced it prevailed over all others?
-Z-

We have:

www.spiritofmaat.com...

www.atlantissource.com...

www.lauralee.com...

msnbc.msn.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.abc.net.au...

yadda yadda yadda.

You get the picture. It's just a matter of time (and money) until we find "Atlantis", what ever it was. I see no problem of an advanced civilisation brought down by the destructive forces of nature at the end of the ice age.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
...are those all different places? If so, thats still proves my point. Theres not ONE prominent sunken city, but a bunch of non-advanced sunken cities. Dont get me wrong, they were advanced for their time, but not like atlantis is described as being. If we have indeed found THE atlantis, supposedly we should have gained a good wealth of knowledge and it should be shared with the world, am I wrong?

They find small sunken city formations all over the world, but I want to see a MASSIVE city with actual art and architectural achievements, other than simple ziggurats in the ocean.

Keep posting though, this all helps to learn and understand the different views of atlantis and supposed locations. I've already heard a few here i've never heard talked about before and am gonna check up on em a bit more. I might be going to bed soon, but if yall keep posting, i'll do my best to stay up with ya.

BTW, please check out my black hold UFO sighting that happened in dublin last tuesday cause im looking for answers or possibly another witness to collaborate with me.
Stay up mah pplz! Peace!
-Z-

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I just thought of this, what if atlantis is Easter Island or something. I mean they could be connected.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
experts say that the lost city of Atlantis is below the bermuda triangle. several psychics also say the city is there also. these psychics feel the power that comes from the crystals that make up the great city of Atlantis. these experts also say this is why several planes and ships have come up missing in the bermuda triangle. because when the sun hits the crystals just right it opens up a vortex and these ships and planes enter another dimension never to be seen again.
love Abydos

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   

...are those all different places? If so, thats still proves my point. Theres not ONE prominent sunken city, but a bunch of non-advanced sunken cities. Dont get me wrong, they were advanced for their time, but not like atlantis is described as being. If we have indeed found THE atlantis, supposedly we should have gained a good wealth of knowledge and it shoul

The links I provided weren't claimed findings of Atlantis. But I think they help you prove your point. That Atlantis is just waiting to be found. Over the years, we find more and more ancient civilizations. The 'sunken cities' are generally more advanced than alot of the later 'on land' civilizations. Granted, they haven't found anything yet to compare to say...the height of Egypt or Greece. But I think that we were well on our way, and then the end of the ice age happened.

Because coastal cities are generally more advanced and prosperous, that's where they (advanced civilisations) all were. So now they're all 300 feet deep in water, in places we wouldn't even think of, since we don't kow the ancient land formation. Maybe Atlantis was as advanced as say, Egypt or Greece, but you have to remember, the story documented into writing by Plato, was already thousands of years old. Some of the facts might have been hyped just a tad.

Either way, the more under water sites we find the older they are. And the older they get, the more advanced they get. It's just a matter of time. If we ever do find Atlantis, and if they do have writings, and we deciphered them...I wonder if maybe they have tales of great cities from long ago...Just a curious thought.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 2/12/2005 by FallenOne]

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
atlantis wouldnt have been as amazin as most people think.
They think of altlantis as what ever they see on say stargate atlantis or any other scifi series that has used it.
When as i believe it atlantis was described as using chariots.
A lot of the describtion is advanced for the time described but it wouldnt have been anything special in current times so if we did find atlantis it would massivly help our technology only our understanding of the past.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
atlantis wouldnt have been as amazin as most people think.
They think of altlantis as what ever they see on say stargate atlantis or any other scifi series that has used it.
When as i believe it atlantis was described as using chariots.
A lot of the describtion is advanced for the time described but it wouldnt have been anything special in current times so if we did find atlantis it would massivly help our technology only our understanding of the past.

Exactly right. That's what we're tryin' to get to here. Personally, I don't even think they recahed the height of the greeks. Maybe of the Egyptians. But to do that 7000 years before everyone else, well then, you have one kick a** legend. But the links I provided show that there were other (now under water) ancient cities more advanced than the ones found on land millenia before the rise of even the Sumerians, which suggests that Atlantis wasn't the only higly civilzed city-state of it's time.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
any new info on the findings offshore at cuba?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
OK, for what it's worth, here is my theory. No proof, no evidence, so what!
Several thousand years ago, there was a group of seafarers who travelled the globe doing what traders do, trading. Having been exposed to different cultures, this group of traders also traded knowledge as well as material goods while they lasted, and became legendary as teacher, magicians, perhaps even in some cases diefied. How and why did they dissapear, a natural calamity of some sort, perhaps even multiple ones. Last year we had an example of just how powerful mother nature can be.
An earthquake, followed by the tsunami, wreaks their capital city (Atlantis).
Being a somewhat decentralized population there were of course survivors,
who were able to blend into the various native societies and became legend as founders of city-states around the globe.
There it is for what it is worth.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Thought that the newbies might be interested in a old subject. Click on the link to a past discussion about a mysterious stone-frieze.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Atlantis may be under a couple hundred or so feet of debris under the ocean in the cuba-bahama region. Maybe thats where the "bermuda triagle" comes from..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join