It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show me, guys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well here I am,

First off, I am not a skeptic!

Alright, all my life I've wanted to experience something just to prove to me that something beyond everyday life exists. Just for me, not to prove to the whole world, just so I could know like so many other people claim to. Now I'm a bit older, I've spent my life following the rules and I've done well, but that moment never came.

I was sure I'd find it, my uncle was always like a father to me. Coincidentally he is a 31st degree Freemason, (hes a pretty big honcho at the lodge) he must know something I'm after. The more of his books I read and the more he told me, the more it became apparent that all the masons did were memorize very old books. He claims that nothing supernatural ever goes on, its about brotherhood and tradition.

I'd like to believe in God and an afterlife, things like that, but I don't and it makes me really feel really #ty.

I've heard people say that if you just go out and take it or ask for it whatever it is will show up. I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but do you guys have any advice on where I should start looking? I'm not a skeptic, I want to believe, but what could I do?

I'm completely amoral about this, whether its good or evil, I just want something to happen so I can finally know.

Edit: alright, I'm not asking for a tutorial or anything, I just want to see some people with experiences like this point me in the right direction

[edit on 27-11-2005 by PanzerFaust0]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I tried all the psychic powers and investigated all the religions out there, but I never really got any feeling of certainty about any of it, except for one thing..... Astral Projection/Out of Body Experience. If you are looking for finding something "more to life", I would suggest that as the way to go.

Do a search on the Internet, or even here on ATS, and you will get a HUGE amount of information about it. There is a 20+ page sticky-thread by RiverGoddess about it, and I have done an introductory podcast series about it, plus much more information is out there from 'professionals', etc.

If you want to find the meaning of life, you have to look WITHIN before you can even start to look at the outside world. Just take ten minutes and go lay down, and don't think of anything. Just clear your mind and relax.... and see what happens.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Its a very diffilcult place to stand. Think about it before you seek. Just think why you want to know? Is it fair to yourself to find proof of God?

Now one of the many things I came up with are;

A watermelon seed...small brown seed, but with only water n dirt it grows huge and develops colors,sugars,etc How is that possible?

I know that above is not deep but continue

Ok nowtake into consideration the people who deny God. We are all here from a rock that hit another rock explosion,chemical process blah. You see evolution. Anyway there is a root to everything and when you see a tree you don't see the root but you know it has roots or it can't exsist.

Ok now as with evolution a human can not think of anything unless its based on experience. Example being if I said to you think of a sense beyond anything you know. You in deed can't do it. As anything you think is relative to what you learned.

So evolution works the same way so it can't develop the five senses. I have seen theory but its terrible.

So you have my sound answer now you wanna see a demon?Angel? God?
You have to look within yourself how you do it and if its right and where do you look? Is it a thought? Is it a view in the sky? Is a sign? Maybe numbers pointed out to you? Maybe you will make this all up? However if you look deep enough you will find what you are looking for. I suggest you do it and base it on trust of God and nothing else.

I have played with different things and found a stronger faith in god but also see a lot of evil as well. The picture is of beauty and once you start to paint it you won't be able to stop

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk or discuss deeper or darker ideas..

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If you are asking for signs, make sure that you are being very aware and observant as well, because they might be showing up all over the place and you are just ignoring them, whether unintentionally or intentionally.

The only thing I would strongly advise, is not tempting evil. Because if you mess with the darker side of things, they will mess with you even worse.

Don't ask for a demon to show up until you know that there's an angel out there to save you when you get in over your head
. (Well, assuming there are either
).

My best advice I can give to you is don't believe anything that anyone says until you examine it yourself independantly. Look into it and research and experience deeply for yourself. Know, don't just believe blindly. Knowledge is the key to true enlightenment, not faith.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
As Yarcofin said above, Astral Projection is the way to go.

One morning I woke up, and I was outside my body.

There was my proof.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I agree with Faceless and Yarcofin. I've been out-of-body a total of 8 times. Definetaly an experience to try.

One of the best methods is the "timer"/ "rhytm napping" method at saltcube.com

[edit on 28-11-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
"Doing rhythm napping it's easy to confuse your mind and it's possible that you will separate but think you're in the physical. When the timer beeps you may sit there fooling with the buttons but the display doesn't make any sense, it's because you're out of body! When the timer beeps, do a reality check because you may have exited without knowing it. " This is a quote from saltcube.com.

I've had things like this happen but I thought I was just over tired and not fully awake. Was I out of body??

They make these experiments sound pretty easy but for me there would totally be a fear of the unknown aspect to get over that would probably keep me awake instead of sleeping...lol.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
But ... the only thing I can tell you is that you should drive to a church this next Sunday Night ... Don't go in the morning .. wake up and get you something to eat ... Get up and wake yourself up maybe take a jog ... Whatever it is that you do to wake yourself up. About 6 ish ... go drive around and wait untill you come to a church that you feel is the one that you need to go to ... if you cannot ever make a decision ... Try a First Asssembly of God church .... There may not be any around ... if not try a Pentacostal church or a NoN-Denominational church ... When you go in go to the front and sit down on the front row. You will find something ... it might not be what you thought you were looking for .. but it will be a changing experience in your life ... Whether or not you ever go back ... your life will change because ............

top topics

join