It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realstic bigfoot locations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have been interested in the bigfoot phenominon for some time. I have to say i am skepitcal. If this creature exists, it can only be in a few areas of North America. Here are the areas i feel are remote enough for the creature to live in without detection, in no order.
1. Pacific Northwest- Endless square miles of uninhabited forest
2. California- Location of some of the best "evidence" thus far and also some very remote forests
3. South Eastern Oklahoma- Hobnobia area has been a hot bed of sightings that have always seemed legit to me.

So many sights in East Texas, Illinois, New York, And so on are just to hard to believe. This creature is extemely elusive, if they exist. These ares are just too populated to believe bigfoot can live here without detection.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
There are sightings of large ape like creatures all over the world actually. Im not too smart when it comes to exact locations, but I know Yetis are seen all over snowcovered mountains in asia. Europe definately has sightings of creatures like this as well. I do believe that these creatures exist because of the numerous amounts of sightings throughout history. I believe that some people lie about sightings, but these can not account for everysingle case. There must be fact behind the true sightings.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Good post nonpoint. Since i am an American i suffer from only looking form that perspective sometimes. I know there have been sights outside of the US but the US is the only place to have photo, video and other "evidence" of the creature. The yeti ,in my opinion, is bogus because the area it is supposed to exist cannot support the creature. Not enough wildlife, going on the premise that the creature is a carnivore.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
East Texas is very much like SE Oklahoma very wooded and sparsley populated in areas not to mention the handfull of national forests and state parks located there.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket
East Texas is very much like SE Oklahoma very wooded and sparsley populated in areas not to mention the handfull of national forests and state parks located there.

I dissagree with you swampcricket.. I am a native of East texas and a frequent visitor to SE Oklahoma. East Texas is far more developed and inhabited than SE Ok. Furthermore the state and national forests in east texas are some of the busiest in the US. The SE area of Ok. is much more sparsely populated and less frequently visited. Also, the terrian of east texas is gentle and easily navigable, while SE Ok is mountainous, hilly, rocky and for the most part unexplored.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Go to www.texasbigfoot.com there is some interesting info on that site, one of the things that stand out is the BF sightings vs. annual rainfall comparison to me that makes alot of sense. I know about SE Oklahoma one of my best friends lives in Broken Bow it is hard terrain and very sparsley populated but so are areas of E Texas

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I am a frequent visitor to texasbigfoot.com as well as bfro.com. In my opinion bfro is the best and most comprehensive site going. My arguement is that i have spent alot of time in both areas and i just feel that SE oklahoma is much more isolated and uninhabited than east texas

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Don't just factor in wooded and sparsely populated when your trying to figure out something like this. I would also factor in the stupidity and anti-curosity of humans. Here in Indiana, its very populated and flat with the occasional group in trees ranging from 4 or 5 trees to something you could get lost in. If Bigfoot slept in these groups of trees during the day and traveled at night, no one would notice him.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
I have been interested in the bigfoot phenominon for some time. I have to say i am skepitcal. If this creature exists, it can only be in a few areas of North America. Here are the areas i feel are remote enough for the creature to live in without detection, in no order.
1. Pacific Northwest- Endless square miles of uninhabited forest
2. California- Location of some of the best "evidence" thus far and also some very remote forests
3. South Eastern Oklahoma- Hobnobia area has been a hot bed of sightings that have always seemed legit to me.

So many sights in East Texas, Illinois, New York, And so on are just to hard to believe. This creature is extemely elusive, if they exist. These ares are just too populated to believe bigfoot can live here without detection.

Well if you find a location you could use google earth to look at posisble sites. As here in the North east there are mountains , and yes caves. I think that there are underground animals that forage durring the evening as not to be seen. Place themselfs in their shoes so to speak and imagine where you would hide or live for that matter. I think mountains and caves that are not located on know cave maps. Try google earth for where you would be if you where a bigfoot. Sometimes a voice will come to your mind and let you know that hey maybe this is where. Just look at terain and known cave areas , as there are more caves in that area that have not been explored, and you might want to try remote viewing , as there are sights on the web to explain how to. Then if you do remote view one or more , you may want to go to that area and then take pictures or try to comunicate with them. Many Blessings..

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
All apologies but i left out the Rocky Mountains areas in northwest US and Canada. Obviously one of the most sparsely populated and little visited areas in North America

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
A primate of the reported size of most sightings would have extreme difficulty surviving over winter in a snow-covered environment. Nearly all the sightings in such terrain are close enough to lower (snow-free) elevations to suggest the creature is merely traveling through the snowy terrain, not living in it. The Yeti of the Himalayas is believed to live in the lower forested valleys and traverses the passes only when necessary. The NW North American sightings are mostly concentrated in the coastal mountains where it snows less often. Sightings in the upper midwest and lake states are highly suspect.

Ideal habitat for the creature seems to be mixed age forests, not extensive stands of uniform old growth. This is consistent with other large mammals like deer, elk, and bear.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I agree Dave_54. it would seems that the same habitat suitable for deer and such would be the likely home of bigfoot. with that said it sort of rules out the idea that it could only exist in "a few areas of North America". all the southeastern states have remote woodlands that extend uninterrupted for miles. add to that the booming timber industry in the southeast & you get miles of young pine stands with mature mixed hardwood/pines streamside management zones left for erosion control. you would only need to see it once to understand how very large animals could live there unmolested until development pushes them to their next destination.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Native American folklore has many legends of a "similar" creature. No matter the tribal nation, the majority all have the legend. I believe that alone speaks volumes for the possibility of existence. I think the idea of SE Oklahoma is a good place to start. When growing up in NE Oklahoma my dad told me of Muddy Boggy and the Sasquach like creature. I am sure everyone here knows of the movie. However as the story was told to me it is every X(cannot remember the exact number, many moons ago) amount of years is when it is seen in that region. This to me would suggest a more "nomadic" creature. That would also explain the occasional sighting in a more populated area. If the creature is nomadic and uses the same routes each time then we stand a good chance of populating areas of that route by mistake. Thus leading to a sighting in a populated area. The next journey it will adjust it's route to avoid that area. I also believe there are more than one group of this creature. That would explain the multiple sightings all over at the same time of year. However, if I was to go tomorrow to search for the creature I would start just south of the OK/TX border. I believe it is on www.texasbigfoot.com you can find a report of a family that has been tormented by the creature for the past decade. Reportedly every hunting trip they make to their lease their camp (my understanding to be a bus that was converted for living) is violently hit and thrashed side to side every time. Also the report in Adair, OK. It is in NE Oklahoma but the sighting was by veteran law officer and woodsmen. My family once looked at homes in that area and it is heavily wooded with many areas unreachable by vehicle. In closing I believe we would have to take all the sightings, weed out the "less likely" and then make a time line to suggest a pattern in their travel to suggest the best area based upon time of year.

Just my opinion though. I am by no means a expert in this area.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I got the website wrong and the length of the harassment. It was for two decades and the site is...

www.bfro.net...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You would be surprised how incredibly unpopulated and how MASSIVELY huge the swaths of uninterrupted forest and land along the Appalachian Mountains in the East US are. Particularly very rural Western Pennsylvania, part of Ohio, Western Maryland, and into West Virginia. Even in to upstate New York. You would be very, very surprised. And a LOT of the land is incredibly rugged, jagged, rocky, and forested. It's mountain terrain much like the Pacific Northwest. Looking at a map does not do anything justice until you've been to the area. Also note that in Maryland they are desperate for people to actually hunt deer, there is an incredible overpopulation and they're even bleeding into major cities. There are also plenty of Black bear, cougar, coyote, etc. in Western MD, PA, etc.

The Appalachian Mountains stretch down all the way to Georgia, and there are very remote parts down there too.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Ajax]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

I'm in the Pacific Northwest and unlike many other wilderness areas, here people get lost very easily because of ground cover, natural barriers including water & steep terrain. That too makes for perfect blinds for something or somebody that did not want to be seen.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Read this quote from: The Law of One, Book I, Session 9
January 27, 1981

"Questioner: Is there any particular race of people on our planet now who
were incarnated here from second density?

Ra: I am Ra. There are no second-density consciousness complexes here on
your sphere at this time. However, there are two races which use the
second-density form. One is the entities from the planetary sphere you call
Maldek. These entities are working their understanding complexes through
a series of what you would call karmic restitutions. They dwell within your
deeper underground passageways and are known to you as “Bigfoot.”

The other race is that being offered a dwelling in this density by guardians
who wish to give the mind/body/spirit complexes of those who are of this
density at this time appropriately engineered physical vehicles, as you would
call these chemical complexes, in the event that there is what you call
nuclear war.

Questioner: I didn’t understand what these vehicles or beings were for that
were appropriate in the event of nuclear war.

Ra: I am Ra. These are beings which exist as instinctual second-density
beings which are being held in reserve to form what you would call a gene
pool in case these body complexes are needed. These body complexes are
greatly able to withstand the rigors of radiation which the body complexes
you now inhabit could not do.

Questioner: Where are these body complexes located?

Ra: I am Ra. These body complexes of the second race dwell in uninhabited
deep forest. There are many in various places over the surface of your
planet.

Questioner: Are they Bigfoot-type creatures?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct although we would not call these Bigfoot, as
they are scarce and are very able to escape detection. The first race is less
able to be aware of proximity of other mind/body/spirit complexes, but
these beings are very able to escape due to their technological
understandings before their incarnations here. These entities of the glowing
eyes are those most familiar to your peoples.

Questioner: Then there are two different types of Bigfoot. Correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This will be the final question.

There are three types of Bigfoot, if you will accept that vibratory sound
complex used for three such different races of mind/body/spirit complexes.

The first two we have described.

The third is a thought-form."

Read the rest here -> www.llresearch.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
So many sights in East Texas...

Check out my pictures of my camping trip (link in my signature below). East Texas is basically one big forest/swamp/river bottom. There is plenty of room for Big Foot to exist. Take a look and see.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Bigfoot travels around a bit. He is not a native terrestrial of Earth.

Bigfoot is a renegade from the Planet Mars... seriously.....

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

I have to say i agree with you about the Appalachians, specifically the southern part.

I moved into this area a year ago and it is certainly rugged and remote.

Furthermore, a sighting recently occured in Hendersonville, NC, not far from where i live.

That being said, SE Oklahoma is still the most remote and dense wilderness i have spent time in.
edit on 6/14/2011 by zoso28 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join