It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
TEHRAN, Nov. 27 (Xinhuanet) -- The European trio of Britain, France and Germany on Sunday officially informed Iran that they had agreed to resume bilateral nuclear talks in December, Iran's official IRNA news agency reported on Sunday.
IRNA said the message was conveyed in a letter signed by British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw, French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy and German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier.
The letter was delivered to Javad Vaeedi, deputy secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council (SNSC), by ambassadors of the three European countries to Iran earlier in the day, the report said.
The letter came in response to a call made by Ali Larijani, Iran's chief nuclear negotiator and secretary of the SNSC, on Nov.6 in a letter to the three foreign ministers.
"Iran welcomes constructive and logical talks within the framework of respective conventions and regulations of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)," Larijani said in the letter.
The European trio's message came three days after an IAEA Board of Governors meeting decided to postpone referral of Iran's case to the UN Security Council in order to offer more time for Tehran and the EU to discuss an alleged Russian proposal.
Originally posted by Manincloak
Wait....are you saying that the Iranian government already accepted the Russian proposal?
Because I heard they haven't.