It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Video shows private security contractors shooting up Iraqi drivers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa

fyi not everyone in iraq who drives cars have car bombs thats kinda retarded lol

It's true that not everyone does but that is the most dangerous road in Iraq, with 150 attacks in a 4 month period.

That's just over one attack per day on that one road.

The road has acquired the dubious distinction of being the most dangerous in the world because of the number of suicide attacks and ambushes carried out by insurgents against coalition troops. In one four-month period earlier this year it was the scene of 150 attacks.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
to me it appears they thought it might be an ambush or car bomb, look how the cars speed up suddenly, one even turns like you would if positioning to fire.....another swerving back and forth like its trying to catch up.

Sheesh and you know.. I think I would drive like that if someone was shooting at my family too.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Sick, sick people in this world... really sad to see low life idiots with guns. These guys are not human they are low life murderers.

This private security company "Aegis Defence Services" should list those who posted the video on their site and be charged for murder.

Posted by: AceOfBase
It's true that not everyone does but that is the most dangerous road in Iraq, with 150 attacks in a 4 month period.

That's just over one attack per day on that one road.

that is true ... but we now see who is doing most of the attacks.

sick............ clearly the security people where in no danger at all in this video ....the only people who where in danger where the innocent civilians...

I hope they HANG these security guys, they are not human. They certainly don't represent any country nor Elvis... the only thing they do represent is evil....

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The linked video from post number two is far too poor in quality to judge anything from.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MayetSheesh and you know.. I think I would drive like that if someone was shooting at my family too.

they did it BEFORE any shots, if you were constantly at risk of car bombs and ambushes you think you would let a car speed up behind you suddenly or approach with sudden irratic movements?

and let me get this straight, you would speed up getting closer to a car shooting at you? or swerve about trying pass the car between you and the shooters car getting closer?

.....that would get you killed and isnt a very bright idea.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by namehere]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The videos available at the link posted by maidenwolf on Sun November, 27 2005 @ 14:34 GMT are high quality. There's no question but that these guys are randomly shooting at unsuspecting civilian cars who just happen to be approaching from behind.

These depraved scumbags are either doing this on their own or at their employer's behest.

These murderers must be brought to justice, quickly tried, and hung or shot in open view so the Iraqi public are shown this will not be tolerated. Their employer should pay massive punitive reparations to the victims and their families.

Aegis is in it for the money. Hurt their bottom line and they'll at least think about eliminating scumbags such as these from their employment roles. Then, mabe not, since the more "insurgency" there is in Iraq the more "need" there'll be for Aegis' services and the continued presence of its employer, the US Military.

[edit on 11/28/2005 by dubiousone]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
The videos available at the link posted by maidenwolf on Sun November, 27 2005 @ 14:34 GMT are high quality. THere's no question that these guys are randomly murdering unsuspecting civilian drivers who happen to be driving on the road behind them.

you obviously cant see or take the car bomb threat into consideration or the fact they only shot fast moving cars coming up on them but NOT any other cars driving by.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
There's no question but that these guys are randomly shooting at unsuspecting civilian cars who just happen to be approaching from behind.

If they were just out to randomly murder people they would have aimed straight for the drivers heads on all of those cars but they didn't.

It doesn't take hundreds of shots to kill people.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Man, I knew it wouldn't be long before someone jumped in and tried to rationalize this. .

you only wish to villify and judge without considering the situation and rush to condem.

rationalising is using logic and consideration of facts and enviroment, putting yourself in their shoes and trying not to judge or become emotional and irrational then screaming this or that.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'm Skeptical

This footage has entered the media spotlight because someone wanted it to.

Those who are quick to jump to conclusions based on a video released on the Internet should be mindful of the fact that doing so is precisely what someone wants you to do.

Stories like this are are usually based on real things happening to real people, and real investigations are certainly in order.

However, making assumptions based on what the media is feeding us and attacking fellow members for expressing differing points of view accomplishes nothing but dragging us all a little deeper into the mud -- and the fog of ignorance.

If a news item reinforces your prejudices and makes you angry, it's because 99% of the time it is intended to do precisely that.

And the fact that there are so many people whose job it is to do this deliberately, repeatedly and continuously is the reason why I advise against trusting video footage to tell the whole story.

I want to know what the hell is going on here, but I would prefer more corroboration than is provided, want to know what actual investigations turn up, and want to be assured that this isn't just another canard to distract attention from far worse things.

The deadliest weapon is patience.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
This video reminds me of one I watched on CNN.
It was right as Bagdhad was being taken.

I don't remember which other town it was in, but it was a two vehicle convoy of reporters, with "bodyguards".
They drove into the town, then turned around when it started to look dangerous. As they were leaving, a couple of vehicles began pursuing, and shooting at them. They shot back, the attacking vehicles, sped up, and got even more agressive. Eventually the reporters outran the attackers.
The Front vehicle took some fire as well, and one of the occupants was hit,
but was wearing a bulletproof vest, so the injruy was minor..

This was all LIVE VIA cameraphone.

The video presented in this thread looks remarkably like the above scenario, but recorded on tape, from the perspective of the reporters convoy.

Does anyone remember the scene I am referring to?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
I'm Skeptical

This footage has entered the media spotlight because someone wanted it to.

Those who are quick to jump to conclusions based on a video released on the Internet should be mindful of the fact that doing so is precisely what someone wants you to do.

Stories like this are are usually based on real things happening to real people, and real investigations are certainly in order.

However, making assumptions based on what the media is feeding us and attacking fellow members for expressing differing points of view accomplishes nothing but dragging us all a little deeper into the mud -- and the fog of ignorance.

If a news item reinforces your prejudices and makes you angry, it's because 99% of the time it is intended to do precisely that.

And the fact that there are so many people whose job it is to do this deliberately, repeatedly and continuously is the reason why I advise against trusting video footage to tell the whole story.

I want to know what the hell is going on here, but I would prefer more corroboration than is provided, want to know what actual investigations turn up, and want to be assured that this isn't just another canard to distract attention from far worse things.

The deadliest weapon is patience.

Its a hard thing to do sometimes, but reading inbetween the lines.

The media plays a "soap opera" to the public, to enable "them" to guide the nations mood, for their own agenda.

Whether you believe in the shadow goverment or not, at least try to see why news is put out in the way it is.
Look for the deception...... remember deny ignorence.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Its funny how if this was a video of an iraqi/muslim doing this half the posters would be posting "this is typical of them" etc, just like when people post lies about resistance killing kids etc, but when it is mercs hired by the US doing it nobody seems to care, the people in the video wont be charged with murder, the US/UK will defend them.

This is why the world hates the US, they think its fun to go round killing strangers with there hillbilly music in the background... I just hope one of the days the children of those poor civilians shot up come back and kill a few Americans, nothing the resistance can do to the armed forces in Iraq can be as low as this.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
The linked video from post number two is far too poor in quality to judge anything from.

How can you even TRY to defend this with your bull#, from the quality you cannot see some1 with a automatic firing thru the back window, hitting multiple cars passing it by not doing anything slightly threatening. Then you see them firing on a stationary car... There is no possible honest explanation for this, these guys are animals and should be hung/beaheded like the animals they are.

I also have to apolagise for my previous post, im glad to see a lot of americans condemning this behavior, even if they have different beliefs for behiind closed doors.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Hiddenreality.

Do you know FOR SURE, who is doing the shooting?
Right now, I don't think anyone does.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The only thing this video shows is just how surreal the situation is over there. Some of those roads look like the roads I drive around here.
Is it murder. I'm not sure - were people actually killed ?
As I've said before, how can you judge anything from a few minutes of video

I've seen US forces do the same thing on video, the cars were closer though. However they didn't stop to check or anything, so I assume that's standard procedure over there. Although the last shooting the car stoppped.

PS. I don't have a sound card in this PC, so I'm not sure if I've missed anything major.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
The only thing this video shows is just how surreal the situation is over there. Some of those roads look like the roads I drive around here.
Is it murder. I'm not sure - were people actually killed ?
As I've said before, how can you judge anything from a few minutes of video

I've seen US forces do the same thing on video, the cars were closer though. However they didn't stop to check or anything, so I assume that's standard procedure over there. Although the last shooting the car stoppped.

PS. I don't have a sound card in this PC, so I'm not sure if I've missed anything major.

They probably didnt stop because they where being shot at... Would you stop if you came under automatic fire while driving down the highway? And judging by the way the one car crased into another, it looks like somebody could of been killed.

Even if nobody did get killed in this footage the people responsible should be charged with murder, if they can do this and film it, what did they do when the film wasnt rolling?

Its just a shame to see there are already pro bush supporters already trying to put spin onto this, trying to justify this makes you just as bad as the people responsible.

Like i said i just hope some of the people who survived this attack pick up arms and give in turn what the US is giving them. IEDS are a too dignified way to die for these invading animals.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality

How can you even TRY to defend this with your bull#, from the quality you cannot see some1 with a automatic firing thru the back window, hitting multiple cars passing it by not doing anything slightly threatening. Then you see them firing on a stationary car... There is no possible honest explanation for this, these guys are animals and should be hung/beaheded like the animals they are.

Hmm, no explanation would be good enough for a person like you, despite how reasonable it is. I'm not defending the actions of these people because I don't know what happened and neither do you

EDIT : Removed insult

Even if nobody did get killed in this footage the people responsible should be charged with murder, if they can do this and film it, what did they do when the film wasnt rolling?

Ahem, gee that's some sound logical. Maybe if you weren't so rabidly anti-american - you might make more sense.

But I think we know your agenda here on this board don't we
I see you only post to bash america nad americans - pretty shallow don't you think.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Habeas Corpus

Originally posted by HiddenReality

I'm not sure what the laws are like where you are, but all the jurisdictions I'm aware of, a charge of murder requires that somebody actually die and that there be some evidence of that.

You may want to take a step back and consider what you're telling everyone here.

I do appreciate the inadvertent support for my point about skepticism, however. There are good reasons for adopting it, and this is one of them.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
We all know that Private Contractors - or MERCENARIES - do not fall under any Goverment Law Umbrella; and as they did spread Havoc and Hatred across the Balkans, where they were engaged in Illegal Activites such as Sex-Slavery Rings, Mass Rapings, Drug Trafficking - so do the Iraqi Mercenaries. They do not care for anything. We have seen them exchange fire with US Marines. They are shooting civilans Randomly. They are performing Torture and Abuse. And they could possibly be Involved in False Flag Bomb Operations. None of them will EVER be Punished. Pretty simple. So this, does not Surprise me at all. For them, it was just Another Day in Baghdad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join