It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 on fire!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Here are 3 pics of smoke rising from AREA 51

img.photobucket.com...

pic 1img.photobucket.com...
pic 2

Mod Edit: to restore thread format and remove cap title

[edit on 17-3-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I guess they put the fire out.

EXIF data says these were taken around dinner time, on June 3rd, 2005.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
They've been known to burn lots of things there. That's how the lawsuit where the government denied there was even an Area 51, despite the pics and other evidence that were shown, got started. Several workers got sick from the fumes of the things they were burning.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
How is it possible to know these photos are from Area 51. I see smoke rising from the horizon in a desert terrain. Therefore it must be Area 51?

- Attero

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Yes, they have been known to burn stock piles of exotic and experimental fuel in dug out trenches.

Where did you get these photos from?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
There burning bodies of ppl who ask 2many questions!

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita
How is it possible to know these photos are from Area 51. I see smoke rising from the horizon in a desert terrain. Therefore it must be Area 51?

- Attero

No, it is far better to believe nothing that can't be proven beyond all doubt. Question absolutely every statement made, every photograph taken, every experience experienced.

I think it shows a certain level of stupidity to demand more proof. Perhaps it will be enough to provide 7 substantiated facts to support these photos? But, then it will take 7 substantiated facts to support the 7 substatiated facts that support the 1 fact that concerns where the photos were taken. Now we are up to 49 unsubstatiated facts, all of which need varified in more detail for the sake of you knowing where these photographs come from? But, no. We must substantiate and validate the 49 facts/assumption made in your eyes to support this photo, and we must be prepared to support those facts with even more facts . .. . . . .. . . .

Proving 1 thing to many people is B.S.

Prove they are not from Area 51.

If you can't, I'll know they are from Area 51.

The truth is only available to those who are free thinkers and capable of deductive reasoning.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That's a little on the harsh side Esoteric Teacher; there really isn't anything in those pics that says "this is Area 51." Heck, there's nothing in there that even says it's in Nevada, it's just desert, the same kind that stretches from southern CA through west Texas. Maybe I'm dense (wouldn't deny it at all), but I don't see how deductive reasoning can prove this is around Area 51.

FWIW, and no offense at all to the OP, I'm not terribly impressed. Just on principle, I agree that this could be anywhere--there's nothing in the pic that gives it any kind of location at all. Aside from that, like some of the other posters said, they burn lots of stuff there. Even if not experimental fuel, I'm sure they have plenty of "normal" garbage, and they can't exactly call Joe's Disposal from Vegas to come out and pick up their dumpsters every week.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have to agree with most of you guys.
What makes you think these pictures are taken near Area 51 ? ? =)

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
For me it is the fact that the mountain range (s) and terrain/topography matches perfectly. Secondly, the vegitation is also identical to what grows near Area 51.

However, when you have nothing to truly contribute it is human tendancy to automatically attempt to debunk. Let's face it, it is far easier to do.

Why not get up off your ass and get away from your computer and drive there yourself and see if in fact any of these pictures fit perfectly to what you personally see? Simple. You either don't really want the truth, or it is far more entertaining for you to speculate. Then again, you could just be lazy.

A little harsh? So is discreditting someone elses credability soley on the bases of your assumptions and opinions based entirely on your own experiences, or lack thereof.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have some doubts if that fire is near the base. The closest you can get to the base is about 26 miles and thats when you are on Tikaboo Peak. One of the pictures is clearly from a paved road which I think are 30 plus miles away from the base.

The fire could be some where on the base's land but I doubt its on the base itself. Fires out there are nothing really new since thats how they dipose of toxic waste. Perhaps after all the heat they got from doing that in the past they decided to move the fire pits to the outskirts of the base's land.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

- Attero

No, it is far better to believe nothing that can't be proven beyond all doubt. Question absolutely every statement made, every photograph taken, every experience experienced.

I think it shows a certain level of stupidity to demand more proof. Perhaps it will be enough to provide 7 substantiated facts to support these photos? But, then it will take 7 substantiated facts to support the 7 substatiated facts that support the 1 fact that concerns where the photos were taken. Now we are up to 49 unsubstatiated facts, all of which need varified in more detail for the sake of you knowing where these photographs come from? But, no. We must substantiate and validate the 49 facts/assumption made in your eyes to support this photo, and we must be prepared to support those facts with even more facts . .. . . . .. . . .

Proving 1 thing to many people is B.S.

Prove they are not from Area 51.

If you can't, I'll know they are from Area 51.

The truth is only available to those who are free thinkers and capable of deductive reasoning.

Thanks for teaching us by use of your example of not denying ignorance. Welcome to the ignore list.

My question was a valid one, to which it was unnecessary to respond so harshly.

- Attero

[edit on 28-11-2005 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I was under the impression that you could get closer to the base than Tikaboo Peak but you cant actually see it. You need to be on high ground to see into the valley and Tikaboo Peak is the nearest high ground with a half decent view, yet I think you can get closer to the border.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
IIRC they recently seized some land to expand the base, and took away some of the viewing areas. Not sure if that peak is part of it, as I'm not sure where exactly it is, but I remember hearing people complaining about them taking away some of their viewing areas.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Thanks for teaching us by use of your example of not denying ignorance. Welcome to the ignore list.

Thanks, nice to be here.

Truth is people can only know what to look for by the only source of comparrison they truly know: Themselves.

So, to assume/imply the author of this thread knowlingly lied or presented information that was totally wrong tells me that you knew to look for such deception, because you yourself had or would start a thread that provided knowlingly false information. Which tells us something of you. Peoples brains work the same way. The law of association plays an overiding role in how we accumilate information. That and the fact that our primary genetic "prime directive" is the instinct of "Self Preserve", aka "Self before I serve". Makes for a disfunctional brain that only takes in information that is most self serving, and adapted to only comprehend what it has chosen to accept as true, which serves as prerequisites in percieving consciously what stimuli it enables itself to percieve.

A legitimate question, yes.

But, to question everything to the Nth degree is what has most people on this sight running in circles and incapable of permitting themselves to think outside the box.

My question was a valid one, to which it was unnecessary to respond so harshly.
- Attero

No, your question demonstrated that you view your world from the perspective of a victim. You feel compelled to question anything where doubt can be found, and doubt can be found everywhere and in all things.

Want to know who makes the rules?

Rulers make the rules.

Followers are either following, or following while asking questions that do not supply them with the answers they are looking for in the first place. Essentially wasting their own time.

So, What compelled you to question where these pictures came from after the author had presented them as pictures from Area 51, if not your overwhelming distrust of the human race as a whole?

What else do you know about the author?

Anything? (Seriously)??

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is this one of the all-time funniest threads? I love it! Thanks, WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE, for lightening things up around here.

Esoteric Teacher, you’re obviously a master at art of deductive reasoning. Your logic is bullet proof.

Hey, I’ve got something I’d like you to take a look at; it came to me in a dream the other night. Here goes:

X + Y = 9 for all values of Y where X is a prime number

Now, I know it’s not that intuitive, but it works every time. I think I’ll call it Netbound’s Last Theorem. Kinda has a ring to it, don’t you think?

Great thread!! I love it!!!

PS: BTW, there’s a difference between free thinkers and non-thinkers …

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
I was under the impression that you could get closer to the base than Tikaboo Peak but you cant actually see it. You need to be on high ground to see into the valley and Tikaboo Peak is the nearest high ground with a half decent view, yet I think you can get closer to the border.

I think you may be right Tikaboo valley gets closer but you cant see anything. I think thats alittle farther then 10 miles from the base.

But I would expect some camo dudes jeeps in those pictures if they were that close to the base.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This fire was on the west side of the Nevada Test Site, nowhere near Area 51.

The wildfire, caused by a lightning strike, burned more than 20,000 acres of brush land about 70 miles northwest of Las Vegas.

The BLM and NTS Fire/Rescue had more than 450 people, 9 air tankers and 7 helicopters involved in fighting the fire in areas 29 and 30 in the Dome Mountain vacinity as well as on the Nellis Air Force Range.

It was well publicized by local news media and discussed at great length on the Dreamland Resort web site Discussion Forum.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I believe I posted those pics a while back. Not Area 51, but part of the area "near" the Nevada Test Site (DOE) was on fire.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Seems it a wild fire in the Nevada Test Site...not groom lake.

desertblog.blogspot.com...

WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE, why did you say it was from groom lake?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join