It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug companies are misleading

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
After watching the film "The Constant Gardener", which is definately worth seeing, I thought about how decietful some drug companies can be with certain products. There are always reports coming out that contradict the drug companies reports.

Drugs today can be very helpful, however they seem to be very harmful at times as well.

An example of a drug company being misleading is Pfizer, check out this article of their illegal marketing. I'm sure this isn't the only time its happened.

www.namiscc.org...

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This is no surprise. The drug companies and the politicians whose pockets they line, make so much money off of lies and deception. They don't care how many people die. They care about how much money they make, period.

You think George Bush cares how many people die in this bogus war in Iraq? NO! He only cares about how much money he and his cronies make off of it!

This country is run by big money. There is no more democracy in the United States, sadly. The mega-rich control it ALL!

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Check out "The Constant Gardener" its a well made movie and raises some big questions. It is hard for any of us to really understand what is going on because most all of our knowledge is second, third, or fourth hand. We just hear what is in the news.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hello Healthy People ! :-)

The drug companies and mental health systems have far too much power and are
willing to abuse it....I might be able to dig out a recent press release where a drug
company actually BOASTS about being able to manipulate the media. These people
are going mad in their padded board-rooms with no checks and balances to keep
the money men away...well, away from poisoning your body ! You think I'm joking?
READ ON!

Prozac is made up of FLUORINE (go check it out).

Fluorine is also the subject of another thread in this forum.

Fluorine is a behavioural alterant....it makes you into a non-
resisting, docile idiot, basically.

Actually I DON'T think Fluorine is used because of the above
psychological effect. It's just a conveniant side-effect that keeps
their scam under-wraps....did'nt know the chemical structure of
Prozac before you took it? Well now you have taken it, you've got even
less of a chance of finding out now you're living in the "Land
of Sunshine" where, hey, chemical structure's don't matter anymore
. in fact, NOTHING matters anymore !
And now you're friends think you're 'cured', they don't check either.
Now just wait for the fall-out in a few years time when you're health
starts going all screwy...heh?....Could it have been that pill I took ?

We're living in Brave New World folks...

"You don't have to feel any 'bad' emotions anymore
just pop this pill...everyone else does. Why get in a bad
place about global warming ? Why feel ANYTHING ?"

Aldous Huxley...he NEW it was going to happen.

Read it. Come back. Post.

djbarney

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Your right. I found some more articles about how information is being with held from us. Drug companies and scientists should be rewarded if they help people, and I can understand side effects, but when information about experiments and test are not released to the public it is not right. They need to be more upfront with their results. I believe that nutrition, exercise and attitude can cure and stop many more illnesses than drugs.
Here are the articles...

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.psycom.net...

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Does anyone have some more articles or information on some big or small drug company scandals?

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
My younger sister, who is 31, is on at least half a dozen medications, most of them psych meds.

She's in and out of psychiatric wards/hospitals. She just got out of another one last week. The witch doctors (what I call them) are forever having to "adjust" her medications.

I told my mother (who is her legal guardian), get her OFF that stuff! Make her lose 200 pounds, get her to eat better stuff, get her off those potions, and she'll be a lot better!

Years ago I had been on at least one of those medications. I felt worse--like an emotionless zombie. I started eating better and dealing with my problems and I'm med-free and I feel fine.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nonpoint
After watching the film "The Constant Gardener", which is definately worth seeing, I thought about how decietful some drug companies can be with certain products. There are always reports coming out that contradict the drug companies reports.

Drugs today can be very helpful, however they seem to be very harmful at times as well.

An example of a drug company being misleading is Pfizer, check out this article of their illegal marketing. I'm sure this isn't the only time its happened.

www.namiscc.org...

True drugs help with what they say they are helping but what they dont tell you is that they induce other illness. How else could you keep people buying your products? If they cured everyone once and for all, no more consumers, no more profits. Also with the so called psych medications, they seemed to be designed that once you have been on them for awhile, it is next to impossible to come off them. Most of the withdrawl effects from the meds are more unpleasant than the actual diagnosis of the psych disorder they tried to treat with the meds in the first place. This insures you are more likely to stay on the drug for awhile and fill their multibillion dollar coffers.

To get a better understanding....read the true Hippocrates Oath
THE SECRET COVENANT

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Its like Chris Rock said in his stand-up routine "bigger and blacker"...."there aint no money in cures..only treatment"...i wouldnt be the least bit suprised if they had the cures for cancer, diabetes,herpes,aids...and every other disease out there...but just think of the millions of dollars that the cancer society makes and the health industry makes from "treating cancer" as opposed to curing it...how many thousands of jobs would be lost if the cure was ever "found"..
The drug companies have such power over our govt thats its criminal..using lobbyism to promote their agenda without any regard for thehypocratic oath that many in the health industry take when being indocrined into the medical field...maybe they should call it the hypocritical oath...But the reasons are so self apparent from a business standpoint that its almost not worth mentioning...in any business repeat customers are the bread and butter...why give them a cure and they go away..when you can "treat" them and have them come back over and over and over again...those blood sucking vampires!

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
Its like Chris Rock said in his stand-up routine "bigger and blacker"...."there aint no money in cures..only treatment"...i wouldnt be the least bit suprised if they had the cures for cancer, diabetes,herpes,aids...and every other disease out there...but just think of the millions of dollars that the cancer society makes and the health industry makes from "treating cancer" as opposed to curing it...how many thousands of jobs would be lost if the cure was ever "found"..
The drug companies have such power over our govt thats its criminal..using lobbyism to promote their agenda without any regard for thehypocratic oath that many in the health industry take when being indocrined into the medical field...maybe they should call it the hypocritical oath...But the reasons are so self apparent from a business standpoint that its almost not worth mentioning...in any business repeat customers are the bread and butter...why give them a cure and they go away..when you can "treat" them and have them come back over and over and over again...those blood sucking vampires!

Which leads me to my next case in point
The many dead virologists, epidemiologists etc
www.geocities.com...
Starting with: 1988: Stanley Irving Sigal, 35
--Expertise: Top AIDS researcher at Merck's.
--Circumstance of Death: In seat number 13B on Pan American Flight that was shot down over Lockerbee Scotland.
web.syr.edu...

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
:-)

There's a greater fight here.

There ARE reasons...it's not just 'life is unfair'.

See:

www4.dr-rath-foundation.org...

The 'Big-Business' health care illusion-delusion must be smashed !

Make sure you look at the rest of this website, as, if you're feeling 'pressured'
by your healcare 'issues', this seems to be the place to start.

djbarney

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
("djbarney"-

Your Link is a giant advertisement for a Vitamin Company.) ie Big Business

As to the Drug Companies being all "Evil". No, I don't Think so.

But I do think That Greed in Drug Companies is a Big problem. Practices like "drug price fixing, partial reporting of harmful Side effects, Trade patents, Etc" Paints the picture of the Drug Companies Caring only for the Bottom Dollar. Which To me, Seems mostly True.

For me "We will help you, For a price" is true.

But "Will will harm you, For a price" seems well, misinformed.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hello msnevil :-)

Oooo! Your splitting hairs !

> Your Link is a giant advertisement for a Vitamin Company.) ie Big Business

OK.....I know...he should give them away free...hang on a moment...all the vitamins
and mineral supllements can be grown in your back garden !

> As to the Drug Companies being all "Evil". No, I don't Think so.

Probably one of the most mis-understood words ever. It DOES depend on what
your 'scale of evil' includes, I guess.

> But I do think That Greed in Drug Companies is a Big problem. Practices like "drug price
> fixing, partial reporting of harmful Side effects, Trade patents, Etc" Paints the picture of the > Drug Companies Caring only for the Bottom Dollar. Which To me, Seems mostly True.

True!

> For me "We will help you, For a price" is true.

> But "Will will harm you, For a price" seems well, misinformed.

Splitting hairs ! If a company is spending money to produce a product that harms
people....that seems like a clear violation to me.

There ARE very real, POWERFULL natural CURES to diseases like Cancer and Aids.

I regard these companies ACTIONS as evil. The actual PEOPLE in these companies
though. I suspect they are ALSO under the illusion that using TOXINS is a viable way
of helping an already diseased and ill person....you don't ADD poisons to their condition.
I mean where DID this idea come from ?

djbarney

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
For 100.00$ you will learn the secrets of growing a veggie garden. (Couldn't help myself.
)

Um, You've peaked my interest. What cures Cancer, and Aids?

I Research a lot into Herb Therapy. (Since I am starting to "pass herbs" instead of meds For a lot of Patients of mine) And I would love to know the cure for Cancer. And Im' sure the Doctor over me. Would Love to hear as well.

(FYI, I Will patent it you know. And make Billions. Well of course, I will send a few million your way. :up

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
> For 100.00$ you will learn the secrets of growing a veggie garden. (Couldn't help myself. )

Ha! Ha! And money grows on trees. :-)

> Um, You've peaked my interest. What cures Cancer, and Aids?

www.dr-rath-foundation.org.za...

And if you look down this page you will see videos of people rescued from cruel AZT
therapy by Dr Rath and Nature Power....

www.dr-rath-foundation.org.za...

> I Research a lot into Herb Therapy. (Since I am starting to "pass herbs" instead of meds For > a lot of Patients of mine) And I would love to know the cure for Cancer. And Im' sure the
> Doctor over me. Would Love to hear as well.

You get the DJBarney Gold Star for Health advancement with that herb therapy!

"The Cure For Cancer".....the Holy Grail of mediciine right ?

But what if they've got it all wrong ? (see my previous message).

Can the doctors (your'e a doctor?) eat humble pie and admit that a new course of action
must be taken? Well you want the cure don't you ?

> (FYI, I Will patent it you know. And make Billions. Well of course, I will send a few million your > way. :up

The patent issue is in the air....but I hope Dr. Rath gets his reward for his pains :-)

djbarney

top topics

join