It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another shot fired in the OPEC currency war???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is a VERY significant accusation:

Venezuela is the 2nd largest oil producing nation, and another that wishes to follow in Iraqs footsteps to change the global oil standard currency from the US dollar to the Euro.

This very fact has led to the recent unrest in Venezuela, which is most assuredly sparked by CIA operatives in order to foment discord within President Chavez Frias government, which is very interested in this currency change.

The indications that the CIA is willing to go the next step to assassination indicates a level of desperation, especially as we approach the upcoming OPEC meeting concerning this very topic.

Venezuelan Military Intelligence says overwhelming evidence the CIA planned to bring down Chavez Frias' airplane en route to United Nations in New York

Details behind the sudden decision to cancel President Hugo Chavez Frias' next-week trip to Washington D.C. and New York (to deliver a speech to the United Nations) are being revealed by security services who say they have "overwhelming evidence" of a CIA-backed plan to "bring down" the Chavez Frias' airplane during the scheduled flight to the United States from Caracas. Sources in Venezuela's Military Intelligence Directorate (DIM) have told VHeadline.com that "presented with overwhelming evidence of Washington's planned attack on the Presidential flight, it was decided that the President's personal security was preeminent and that he should not go!"

State Security & Political (DISIP) police agents were involved in a gun battle in Plaza Altamira Friday night as they moved to detain a suspect now named as Jorge Rojas Riera, for the Friday morning bombing at the Casa Militar barracks, across Avenida Urdaneta from the Miraflores Presidential Palace. It is reported that President Hugo Chavez Frias was working at his desk when the 1:00 a.m. blast went off but that his life had never been put in danger as many gleeful wire-service reporters had immediately cabled to their North American publishers.

www.vheadline.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Damn that's some crazy shizz, how would the United States assassinate Hugo Chavez without making it obvious it was the U.S.? Make it seem like it was an individual, and only and individual who was just angry at Chavez?

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
That leaves me speechless.....I can only hope it is untrue. I could not imagine such a scenario...scary, very scary

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Dang. Overwhelming proof of this accusation, eh? I want to see them bring it all out. Though I do not expect any U.S. media source to report on any of it.

I believe this is totally true in any case.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if the Argentinas gigantic problems (last year?) had anything to do with Euro?

It is well know that CIA generates all kinds of problems for S-American nations that try to get out of US leash..

Chile isnt the only or the last one by far..

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I could see that.

A strong USD has been our active political and financial power in this last era. The dollar has been king for some time. It gives us power over other nations.
The US is currently loosing big ground on the international dollar. The Euro is fast becoming a tradeable currency. And look out for the Rupee and the Dinar.

Today the US dollar took another big hit on strength. Notice the USD as a strong currency, has been on a free fall. I have read the Euro has considered being pegged to a gold standard. If that happens the dollar is in trouble. Our dollar is 'paper' based on a very old gold valuation. India has been on a gold binge for years, buying tons annually while the price has been down. They only recently have begun selling, to capture some of the profits in the rise of gold and gain some euro's for the vault.

An interesting article on a Thesis of the cause of the great depression,..is long and wordy...but many coralations may be drawn from to the present economic condition of the world...I offer it to support how the gold market, interest rates, and currencies are used as financial warefare...We have been selling our gold reserves for currency, to support the dollar in these hard times. I have read we are at 30% or so of our reserves of a few years ago.

www.nex.net.au...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I guess I shouldnt be surprised that the CIA is considering assassination, since we DID go start a war and kill thousands of Iraqis for the same reason...

Just keep an eye out...

And remember, the OPEC conference is getting close... if it looks like the vote could go against US interests, there may well be a preemptive action to avert it... however, since the US is already operating on the very edge of public opinion, expect a massive 911 style attack to give us justification...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
With the CIA losing out and basically being outed on this assassination attempt, I can only imagine their plan B will be far worse and insidious. I pray it won't be a 9/11 style terror attack, but what else could it be?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i THANK YOU VERY MUCH, dr, FOR POSTING THIS, BECAUSE i HAVE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT VENEZUALA FOR QUITE SOME TIME. tHE ONLY NON aRAB COUNTRY IN oPEC., LAST TIME i CHECKED. mUCH CLOSER TO HOME, MUCH CLOSER TO THE WHIP.

Anyway, it seems the western hemisphere was contemplating the Euro. Odd. Leveler made some very interesting points about the Euro in the other Opec thread. Too bad we cant see what the EU is doing behind the scenes, because the EU, like the US, is up to no good either. What kind of manipulating are they getting into? perhaps backroom deals of thier own, black ops of thier own?

Two more days till the 24th. We shall see......

Yet I havent seen anything about accusations against the CIA in any major media newsource (non American ones, of course). Has Venezualas papers, or anyones major national papers, said anything about this?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 02:20 AM
link   
South America brings a lot of problems upon itself due to its flirtations with communism.

The gold standard cannot be adopted because there is not enough gold and besides it would cost $1000 an ounce.

India is not a gold producer, but US is and so is Canada and Mexico (I believe).

The weak US dollar is ordered up by the fed to keep interest rates low and to try and turn the tide of the US trade deficit.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Venezuela is NOT 2nd in oil, russia is

[Edited on 23-9-2003 by SectorGaza]

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
Venezuela is NOT 2nd in oil, russia is

[Edited on 23-9-2003 by SectorGaza]

Russia may be 2nd is oil in terms of total reserves, but Venezuela far outstrips Russia in terms of production.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Looking at gold prices over tha last decade or so, it has been low and not a great investment. Russia dumped alot of gold right after the breakup of their governement. (to me) a $1000 per oz is not that high, compared to the infationary value of the USD. (and there has been chatter bout the euro pegging to it)

'Last statement retracted and deleted'

[Edited on 23-9-2003 by smirkley]

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It would seem that there is a bit more to this story.... a true motive for just such an assassination.

It seems that Venezuela is extremely opposed to Iraq joining the OPEC conference as a US puppet, and fully intended to vote against allowing Iraq in. That, combined with the problems that Venezuela has been posing regarding the Dollar/Euro issue would have been more than sufficient motive to eliminate the president....

OPEC Members Struggle Over Iraq's Role
OPEC Members Try to Prevent Dispute With Venezuela Over Iraq's Participation in Oil Talks

The cartel's 10 members excluding Iraq were to meet late Wednesday night to resolve an impasse between Venezuela and Iraq, OPEC sources said. The 10 members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries were to hear Venezuela's position that Iraq, a founding member of OPEC, should not attend the group's formal meeting Wednesday because its government has no U.N. recognition.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You know I find it very ironic that the US is all for Iraq voting with OPEC but they won't let the country govern themselves just yet.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
Damn that's some crazy shizz, how would the United States assassinate Hugo Chavez without making it obvious it was the U.S.? Make it seem like it was an individual, and only and individual who was just angry at Chavez?

Easy. They'll just blame Muslims for it.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Of course... if Iraq was to govern itself, it might vote to get rid of the US, which currently needs Iraq as a forward deployment base.

However, they should at least perform thier intended role (for the US) to go vote in the US favor....

I have a serious feeling that this vote is NOT going to go in the US favor...

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10

Easy. They'll just blame Muslims for it.

Actually, if you read the article, they are saying that rouge police forces were the actors on the first assassination attempt. That is pretty much standard CIA MO.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
CIA is going about the assassination attempts the right way. Disgruntled ex police forces and "accidental" plane crash. Very hard to find out the truth of the matter if you have ultimate control over those situations.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I wonder if this will complicate matters....

The intense international interest in Russian oil reserves is also a blow for the ambitions of some of Opec's biggest members to attract foreign investment. It has diverted attention from the historic decision of Saudi Arabia to reopen its natural gas sector to foreign investment and Kuwait and Iran's recent push to make investment in their oilfields more attractive for international companies.

news.ft.com.../StoryFT/FullStory&c=StoryFT&cid=1059480037294

I get the feeling that this historic access for foreign investing will be overwhelmingly in Euros....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join