It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Bloody Mary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yet another story has popped up about a statue of Mary that is "crying tears of blood." I was kinda surprised it was reported on a rather mainstream news site.

www.msnbc.msn.com...
(Link actually has a picture)

This is one of those stories I'm never quiet sure about. I've heard of dozens of cases like this, but it seems like it would be awful easy to pull this hoax on. Maybe that's just the skeptic in me. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's just one of those things I'd have to see myself. Interesting read though.

aaron

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
yes seems like a thing that could be hoaxed easy..

but if its real why would a statue cry blood, seems a bit wierd, i would take it as a bad omen i think..

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Sad thing is theres more evidence that supports extraterrestrial visitations to earth and that 911 did not happen like we were all told yet people believe in bleeding statues and shadow manifestations of the virgin Mary and laugh at the ETs, NWO, and Government complicity in 911

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I do find it rather strange how all of these statues of holy significance are beginning to bleed again...

If I recall there were another bleeding statue not so long ago...

Hmm could this be the sign of the coming of Jesus again? Or a sign of an major event occuring in the future?

Or could this be fake? Hmm...

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Most of them, when analyzed, were hoaxes. I say most of them because, if i recall correctly, in some cases analysis hasn't been able to find any explanations

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
I do find it rather strange how all of these statues of holy significance are beginning to bleed again...

Hmm could this be the sign of the coming of Jesus again? Or a sign of an major event occuring in the future?

The Coming of Jesus will and can be manufactured with the present technology now and more thank likely thats what "they"
have in mind.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AJStein
Yet another story has popped up about a statue of Mary that is "crying tears of blood." I was kinda surprised it was reported on a rather mainstream news site.

Not the first time that has happened. Everytime there was a crying bleeding Mary the media covers it.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student

Originally posted by skyblueff0

The Coming of Jesus will and can be manufactured with the present technology now and more thank likely that's what "they"
have in mind.

To be honest in my opinion, I would like to think its a miracle, but truth be told, I fully agree with you, and I wouldn't hold any regrets if I'm wrong because well I believed at my own will. When events like this comes up, I don't pick one side all a sudden, I reason with myself, the reason for that was the results were neutral in my head, but faith tells me other wise, so I listen to faith.

I don't know if there is a big Government conspiracy around this, it could be real, or it could be a hoax. If it is fake, it could be an attempt from the Catholic Chruch or Christian Church to regain believer of a its faith, because we all know most people these days aren't attune spiritually to their religion.

Sometimes you just have to have faith....believing in something is better than believing in nothing.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I was waiting for this to post to the Board.

This "event" is happening virtually in my backyard. When I first heard of it, I considered taking a look-see, but thought I'd wait to hear if the phenom would be immediately de-bunked; so far, it hasn't. Which is not to say that this is the real deal; merely that the Diocese of the Catholic Church is taking a very cautious approach toward the matter. Good for them!

(Although a bonified miracle in the same city that just completed a $34 million renovation to its cathedral, The Cathedral of The Blessed Sacrament, wouldn't be bad for the old collection plate!).

Now considering a couple of recent synchronistic occurances I've experienced, perhaps the time has come to check this thing out. I hope that I can resist the influence of mass-hysteria these "miraclulous" events tend to engender; I'll have to try to turn down my empathy and turn up my skepticism.

I have some time off later this week so perhaps it's time for a trip to the suburbs.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I appreciate everyone posting their thoughts about this.

I've heard an awful lot about stuff like this in the past, and the more I look at it the more I can't help but be skeptical. It's not that I don't have any faith or don't believe in Christ, I do! I'm a Pentacostal. That being said, we don't seem to have any "cry-bleeding Mary's."

In fact, we don't really say a whole lot about Mary, but I'm not even going to go there.

But the fact that I keep hearing about more and more of this strange phenomenon, and you can't help but wonder. Sure, I WANT to believe this is some sort of divine miracle from the Heavens. It could just as easily be deciept from the Devil. Unfortunately, I've never trusted the Catholic church very much. Sure are an awful lot of issues, especially with the absurdly large amount of priests who are convicted of um... well.. you know..

That being said, I'm not biased towards anyone who is this or isn't that. I think there are going to be a lot of people in Heaven that we are surprised to see, as well I think there will be some people whom we thought should be there and aren't. As long as you get the jest of Jesus dying for your sins, you're pretty much good to go.

But still... you can't help but wonder if something like this isn't just in somebody's Standard Policy somewhere. It's like "hey... we could use some extra cash... fire up the Bloody Mary Fountain and that should drive in some extras... they'll be ready to shell out some cash..."

Unfortunately, that's just the Don't Trust Anybody attitude that I've been ingrained with all my life. It's lonely over here... lol.

aaron

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This basically sums it up:

Whether the weeping statue is declared a miracle or not, they said, it is already doing good by awakening people to the faith and reminding them to pray.

However you take that, it should fit.

new topics

top topics

join