It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-48B BWB Prototype to Fly in 2006

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
Gfad,
that model was HUGE!! I mean ill hunt down the image again if i can, but the guy was dwarfed by it as it sat on the runway (i'd guess at least 30 feet high!)

aero.stanford.edu...

You mean this one that you posted awhile ago?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
ROFL that will teach me to look before I go scarpering around trying to find stuff again....

Cheers for that, and that even more confuses me....

A great video from nasa about the wind tunnel free flight model, but, if they have tested it in the air whats all the deal about??

anon.nasa-global.speedera.net...

Its quick time video, but its interesting to note that at the end it is not for commercial use but for military use the planes destined for.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The model has a six foot wingspan, the person is photoshopped in.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
No, look again dude.

The six foot wingspan model is the one in the quick time video in free gliding flight.

Different colours, different air probes the lot.... as for the biggie, well ill just have to have a look see if theres any more info on it.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The link below decribes that large prototype. It says it flew in 1998 and a wingspan of 17.7 feet (5.4 metres). Thats quite big but is it as big as that photo? That guy does look strange and the caption describes him as "a wee version of Mark Page".

Finally watch the video linked at the bottom of the page with the photo on. In one or two frames you can see it in comparison with its operator and its no where near that big.

www.findarticles.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join