It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran accepted new Russian offer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
NR

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It seems Russia has come up with a new deal with Iran so that we could finnaly enrich uranium on our soil, this is good to know and France is now backing us up on our nuclear program!!!

Russian nuclear proposal a diplomatic victory: Iran

Iran says France backs Iran' logic in peaceful nuclear program

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
That would be great if this proposal goes through. I agree that Iran has the right to a peaceful program, but it would be very easy to convert it to a weapons program, which is what everyone is scared about. Hopefully they can work out a peaceful solution to this issue.

NR

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
That would be great if this proposal goes through. I agree that Iran has the right to a peaceful program, but it would be very easy to convert it to a weapons program, which is what everyone is scared about. Hopefully they can work out a peaceful solution to this issue.

Same here, every country deserves peaceful nuclear program, although since we already accepted the new Russian offer that is going to be coming up soon to make us enrich uranium in our soil were still going to be watched. So no worries my freind, this should keep threats/wars off the table....

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Russia or France can not be trusted to do anything. They were both neck deep into Oil-for-food and were bought off by Saddam prior to the war.

NO country has the right to nuclear anything except the US. Every nuke plant worldwide should be turned over to the US military to be run by US corporations.

Trust NO ONE especially Russia or France!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR
It seems Russia has come up with a new deal with Iran so that we could finnaly enrich uranium on our soil, this is good to know and France is now backing us up on our nuclear program!!!

I have time sir. Educate me on why Iran would require WMD, is a country threating overthrow. Do they or you feel Iran is going to be annexed by the US. What threat requires Iran to acquire WMD. Do you need energy from Nuclear Energy when you are on the largest oil reserve in the world. Help me to understand. Thanks

A little historical background, perhaps you forget the Iranians bombed the US embassy in Beirut, Lebanon. This attack is well documented. Further, they were the aggressor in a STATE SPONSERED TERRORIST ACT. Give them NUCLEAR WEAPONS. You people who try to validate why they should have nuclear weapons need to read your history books. Stop trying to validate why murderers should be given more capability to attack.......Im sure someone will say the US is to blame for the bombing and brought it amoung ourselfs. We always are the political whipping child blamed for the wrongs of the world.

NR

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by waroftheworlds

Originally posted by NR

I have time sir. Educate me on why Iran would require WMD, is a country threating overthrow. Do they or you feel Iran is going to be annexed by the US. What threat requires Iran to acquire WMD. Do you need energy from Nuclear Energy when you are on the largest oil reserve in the world. Help me to understand. Thanks

A little historical background, perhaps you forget the Iranians bombed the US embassy in Beirut, Lebanon. This attack is well documented. Further, they were the aggressor in a STATE SPONSERED TERRORIST ACT. Give them NUCLEAR WEAPONS. You people who try to validate why they should have nuclear weapons need to read your history books. Stop trying to validate why murderers should be given more capability to attack.......Im sure someone will say the US is to blame for the bombing and brought it amoung ourselfs. We always are the political whipping child blamed for the wrongs of the world.

Go educate yourself, i'm actually kind of happey that some people here are getting jealous that were going to encrich uranium soon with the follow up of Russia's offer and there's nothing anybody can do about it

You have added waroftheworlds to your Ignore List.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Iran will never become a fully devoloped nuclear country
won't "ever" happen Isreal will takeout Iran's most valuble reactors before there "fueled" NR if u live in the U.S.A u better getout before i find u and stick an American Flag thru ur heart

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR

Originally posted by NR

Go educate yourself, i'm actually kind of happey that some people here are getting jealous that were going to encrich uranium soon with the follow up of Russia's offer and there's nothing anybody can do about it

You have added waroftheworlds to your Ignore List.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by NR]

As I figured, you could not refute why Iran needs nuclear power when they are on the largest oil reserve. It reinforces the LIES that they will be used for nuclear WEAPONS production by your country when you say it is for peaceful purposes. I guess honesty isnt taught in Iranian Schools.

And you still never answered my questions. MUST BE THE TRUTH>>>>>>>

Sep

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I have time sir. Educate me on why Iran would require WMD, is a country threating overthrow. Do they or you feel Iran is going to be annexed by the US. What threat requires Iran to acquire WMD.

I have no great knowledge on the issue but I will attempt to bring to attention some of my understandings on the current affairs. Iran's WMD programs, chemical and biological, were started as a result of the extensive use of chemical weapons by Saddam's Iraq on Iranian military personal and civilians. These WMDs after the war remained in Iran’s possession. Iran has continued the production of these weapons in order to deter possible future attacks on the country. Iran is currently surrounded by adversarial countries or puppet states, such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Israel, UAE and Saudi Arabia, who dislike Iran's influence in the region and have extensive access to western technology and host western militaries or possess weapons of mass destruction in the case of Pakistan and Israel.

Originally posted by waroftheworldsDo you need energy from Nuclear Energy when you are on the largest oil reserve in the world. Help me to understand. Thanks

According to the 1975 reports from the US under the administration of President Ford Iran's access to nuclear energy was vital for the future of the country.

www.washingtonpost.com...
www.ford.utexas.edu...

Nothing has changed since then. Except of course Iran's population has doubled and the hunger for electricity has risen sharply as the result of further industrialization of the country. Iran's current electricity production would not have the capability to provide for the future generation of Iranians, hence in the 20 year development plan or the Iranian nation, a great deal of attention is given to developing the capability to produce electricity through different methods. See my post in the following link for some links regarding the developments:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by waroftheworldsA little historical background, perhaps you forget the Iranians bombed the US embassy in Beirut, Lebanon. This attack is well documented. Further, they were the aggressor in a STATE SPONSERED TERRORIST ACT. Give them NUCLEAR WEAPONS. You people who try to validate why they should have nuclear weapons need to read your history books. Stop trying to validate why murderers should be given more capability to attack.......Im sure someone will say the US is to blame for the bombing and brought it amoung ourselfs. We always are the political whipping child blamed for the wrongs of the world.

Perhaps you have not studied the history of Iran as comprehensively as you think. What do you know about operation Ajax? What do you know about the SAVAK organization? What do you know about the Shah and more importantly about Mossadegh? What do you know about Airbus 300 shut down over the Persian Gulf? What do you know about Saddam being given the locations of Iranian troops in order for them to be gassed? If you study history you see that the world isn’t black and white and the US isn’t the angel you claim it to be and Iran isn’t the devil. They have both wronged each other at different times although it could very well be argued that more Iranians died as a result of the action of the United States than US civilians from Iranian actions.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by Sep]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I wonder how the Bush administration are reacting to this ?

The number 1 reason in there books for hitting Iran has just fizzled into nothing, if they really follow through with the russians plan to enrich in russian territory.

Maybe plan B will have to come?.. another major terror attack?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR

Hmm, do you even bother reading what you post ? Under the deal Iran WILL NOT be allowed to enrich uranium within its boarders, that's why the proposal is to send it to Russia

It can only convert it for shipment to Russia

As wotw said, why are you building a nuclear program when you sit on one of the largest reserves of energy in the world. The answer is pretty apparent. Why doesn't your government spend that money on your poor people or all the heroin junkies you have over there ?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

I have time sir. Educate me on why Iran would require WMD, is a country threating overthrow. Do they or you feel Iran is going to be annexed by the US. What threat requires Iran to acquire WMD.

I have no great knowledge on the issue but I will attempt to bring to attention some of my understandings on the current affairs. Iran's WMD programs, chemical and biological, were started as a result of the extensive use of chemical weapons by Saddam's Iraq on Iranian military personal and civilians. These WMDs after the war remained in Iran’s possession. Iran has continued the production of these weapons in order to deter possible future attacks on the country. Iran is currently surrounded by adversarial countries or puppet states, such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Israel, UAE and Saudi Arabia, who dislike Iran's influence in the region and have extensive access to western technology and host western militaries or possess weapons of mass destruction in the case of Pakistan and Israel.

IRAQ cannot even get their own house in order. I doubt they have the capability to overthrow or roll-in and take over the Iranian Government. The don't even have a military right now.

Further, you once again support the idea that they are going to use the enriched uranium for WMD and not energy. Your whole first paragraph tries to legitimize why Iranians should have additional WMD. I thought this was for energy? More LIES on your end....

[edit on 27-11-2005 by waroftheworlds]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Maybe plan B will have to come?.. another major terror attack?

Bingo!

And if that doesn't work, they can always fall back to one of the old standards...

-spreading freedom - liberating the people
-promoting democracy - constitution, voting
-fighting terrorism there so we don't have to fight it here
-Ahmadinejad is a very bad man! He's calling for Bush to be charged for war crimes! He's evil!
-Muslim extremism...

Blah, blah, blah...

People love those!

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
^^^^ Gee how typical, what exactly does the above post have to do with the thread title
absolutley nothing.
Go and rant somewhere else, it's pretty boring these days, especially when it isn't informative at all

Please go away

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

IRAQ cannot even get their own house in order. I doubt they have the capability to overthrow or roll-in and take over the Iranian Government. The don't even have a military right now.

He meant Iraq when Saddam was in control, thats the reason why they went for chemical/bio/nuclear weapons to have a detterent against those that want to invade or harm Iran.

I think I saw that Iran has -/+80 years left before its Oil runs out, so it would be alot cheaper in the long-run if they use Nuclear plants to provide electricity instead of Oil, that way they can instead sell the Oil and make more profit that can in-turn be spend on national interests.
If thats the case, it makes sense to me.

But I do believe Iran is going for Nuclear weapons and I totally support them for getting it as a detterent against an invasion.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
Please go away.

Oh, if only you could get rid of me that easily!

How the Bush administration responds to this news is very fitting. It's topical to discuss the USA's response in this continuing fiasco of 'war on terror'. Just because you don't like hearing the stinging possibilities of truth does not mean it doesn't apply to the thread.

If you don't like my posts, ignore me, but I WILL NOT go away.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shire19

But I do believe Iran is going for Nuclear weapons and I totally support them for getting it as a detterent against an invasion.

lol, an invasion from who ? the US, Russia etc who ? Because if your thinking about a big power then a few Iranian nukes won't deter them. There is no MAD with Iran.

Hell, every country should have nuclear weapons to deter invasion

cjf

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Your source:

Based on the Russian proposal, which is backed by the European Union, the US and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Iran would be allowed to convert uranium at home in the Isfahan plant before sending it to Russia for enrichment. ...

Your statement:

Originally posted by NR
It seems Russia has come up with a new deal with Iran so that we could finnaly enrich uranium on our soil, .....

Huge difference.

BTW, it's not a 'new' deal.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
No Nukes

Russia or France can not be trusted to do anything. They were both neck deep into Oil-for-food and were bought off by Saddam prior to the war.

NO country has the right to nuclear anything except the US. Every nuke plant worldwide should be turned over to the US military to be run by US corporations.

Trust NO ONE especially Russia or France!!!!!!!!!!!

I second your opinion, no "weak" nation to have Nukes!

........................ be bold and rational.......change the heading from No Nukes to US Nukes.

BTW U.S. is the only God-Gifted country that inventd the Nukes (rest of nasty inferior-brain-and-heart world copied that mastepiece), and had the reason, right, courage and the means to use them.................

Russia or France can not be trusted to do anything with their nukes, they have wasted time and money, they did not courage ever to threaten the world, these fools never used Nukes to show their worth.........they must be disarmed for in-efficiency.........................................................................refer them to UN security council for IMPOTENCY!

chaudri

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
lol, an invasion from who ? the US, Russia etc who ? Because if your thinking about a big power then a few Iranian nukes won't deter them. There is no MAD with Iran.

It worked for NK.

With nuclear weapons Iran can get any neighbouring countries to think twice before it tries something, aswell as the rest of the world most likely.
Also to stabilize the power in the ME, mainly with Israel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join