It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bermuda Triangle - mystery solved?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
hey guys i wasnt quite sure where to put this post since i dont post on here often nobody ever really replies to mine anyway lol but i was just wondering if anyone heard about the Sci-Fi special that is supposed to be on sunday at around 9pm. Has anyone really discussed it here before in depth? and if so could someone post me a link that is worth reading? thanks

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
also if anyone has an opinion on this mystery feel free to state it here

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
One of the networks did a story on it a while back;

They point to large methane pockets located below the triangle.
When the Methane gas pocket releases gas, it causes the water to lose it's boyancy resulting in ships dropping like rocks into the sea,.

This has a simmilar effect on aircraft, to the extent that it could cause an aircraft engine to cut out.

Don't know about the bizare compass readings, and instrument failures - however I have heard first hand reports of such instrument (esp. Compass) giving false readings.

On a side note, I seem to recall "Other Triangle" type stories from the great lakes, as well as off the coast of Alaska. Would almost bet that if you took any equally sized parcel of ocean and looked hard enough you would find evidence of "Strange" stuff there as well.

In Florida the triangle stories are a dime a dozen among boaters...

One report I heard was rather uneventful as a boat leaving the Bahamas was leaving port the owner of the boat using the compas to navigate said the boad was about 1/4mi away from it's actual position.

The reading was quickly found to be bad when a passanger said that's wrong, according to that we're in 200' of water and I by looking down I can tell ya were only in 5 or 6'.

- Seems they forgot they were in the triangle, but had no trouble getting to Miami by heading west to the Florida coast.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Not a skeptic on everything but think the Bermuda triangle might be a total load of poo. Saw the methane gas doc and believe it might have some merit

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
excelent post dancer!
and yeah i dont think it really has anything to do with time shift/vortex or aliens or anything like some people believe..im just curious about some stories ive heard keep posting guys!

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Personly I would aggree that the tryangle Is poo as the other poster said .Except for one small detail . Gas or no gas A 300 foot long and from the bottom to the top of the smoke stacks 90 feet high ship just dissapers in water less the 200 feet deep.
The ship was at ancor and in contact with land and withing 20 minits of lost contact rescue planes were at the site .
No debre no nothing .
another very strange storie was back in the 17 centrey when one ship came up on another that was abandoned BUT no damage was found all life boats were still abord and Strangest of all the food on the plates in the galle was still warm .
Wile most can be explaned its these few stories that stick out .

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
They did an experiment involving a small motorboat (20 feet long or so), and put a specially made methane rack under it. After releasing methane bubbles under the boat, it took maybe two minutes for it to be sitting on the bottom.

The other one was the Mary Celeste.

The vessel was found to be in good seaworthy condition and the general impression was that the crew had left in a great hurry. They had left behind their oil skin boots and pipes. Captain Morehouse's explanation was that they had left in panic thinking the vessel to be sinking. The chronometer and sextant were not found on board. The last entry on the ships slate showed she had made the island of St Mary in the Azores on November 25th.

Lets at this point forget about steaming mugs of tea, ships cats, everything in supposed pristine condition. Certainly there were no half eaten breakfasts, and no phial of oil balanced on the sewing machine. Let us remember the vessel was observed out of control for two hours before she was boarded, and had been in heavy seas in the days previous.
www.maryceleste.net...

As far as the compass goes, that's the easiest one to explain. Any kind of large iron deposit will throw off a compass. There could be a flucuating magnetic field of some sort in the triangle, which would throw off a magnetic compass, by anywhere from a degree, to 180 or more.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I always tried to find the newsweek bit on it entitled
yramids under the Bermuda triangle:

I was always curious about the crazy theories on aliens/pyramids/atlantis and Bermuda triangle.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This one was busted for me a LONG time ago, on discovery they had a documentry about the Triangle, they concluded it was Methane as well I believe.

Still this doesn't exclude other powers might be behind the triangle, I heard before there might be some alien base there that knocks out planes with EMP or something and the Methane is naturally occuring so all people will assume that that's is what knocks things out of the sky and sinks ships.

But until they proof to me that there might be aliens there, i'll remain very skeptical about such claims.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Here is an interesting thing about the Bermuda triangle, If you stuck a straight stick through a globe in what is marked as the area of the Bermuda triangle to the other side it would come out directly in what is called the devils sea triangle off the coast of Japan and there are just as many bizarre and strange occurances and disaappearances as there are in the Bermuda traingle.
Sorry I could not find a link that talked about the fact that one is directly in line with the other, I saw this on a tv show about the Bermuda Triangle, they showed it using a globe, how correct it is I don't know for sure.

www.unexplainedstuff.com...
www.paranormality.com...
An area called the "Devil's Sea" by Japanese and Filipino seamen, located off the east coast of Japan, also exhibits the same magnetic characteristics. It is also known for its mysterious disappearances.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You want a real Bermuda Triangle mystery? There was a researcher looking for Flight 19, and thought he had found it. When they dove on the site, there was an Avenger there, with four others nearby, no crew remains, or anything else found. When they got the registration numbers off the planes, and looked them up in the Navy registry, it turns out that all five had crashed in various years, at the same location, and IIRC all from engine failure. The crews had gotten out after crashing and had been rescued.

Oh, and those were the only planes found in the area. No ships had dissapeared there, or any other problems ever reported from other planes.

[edit on 11/27/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Zaphod did you watch the whole program, I'm pretty sure we watched the same program because the one I saw they found five avengers also but after some research they found that they had been dumped there by the navy for some reason. Sorry I can't recall the reason they dumped them.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The one that I watched, they had all crashed. The crews reported engine failure, and had to ditch, and all five of them ended up in the same place on the bottom.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Your right that is a little beyond bizarre. Did the show report on whether the survivors reported experiencing anything strange happening besides engine failure?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Great stuff posted here guys!

I think that we haven't all the knowledge about Earth that is left to discover. There is still so much more. Technology is not always the answer. Perhaps our creator made discoveries outside of our planet possible without the use of sattelites and rockets.

I watched the sci-fi thing this past Sunday, DECLASSIFIED - startling new secrets about the triangle, and honestly, they only revealed ONE thing on there that I was previously unaware of: The telegram from one of the missing pilots, AFTER he had vanished.

It read:

MOM,

YOU HAVE BEEN MIS-INFORMED. I AM STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE.

- GEORGIE

Apparently Georgie was what only his mother called him, the recipient of the letter. Even his military friends called him George.

It could have been a sick prank, but what military person, or even friend would send the letter during such a horrible time?!

I'm not saying this isn't open to speculation, nor am I taking sides. Just some interesting info. Could be a gov't cover up. Unfortunately for the family, he still never returned.

The author of a book called "The Fog" talks about how he actually flew through a cloud "tunnel", that was swirling with clouds and thunder and when he came out, he was 300 miles off course, from one landmark to another.

Another man reported a disk-shaped UFO appearing out of a spiral of clouds, and it came mere inches from colliding with his plane.

I would like to believe that perhaps the triangle is a vortex that allows one to travel to a different world altogether. Parrallel universe... perhaps thats why we don't ever pick up UFO's coming TOWARD the earth. They come around out of nowhere... Maybe the greatest discovery of all time is right there in our oceans.

I wonder if time of day, month, year and solar positions may have something to do with the dissapearences. Remember that not EVERYONE dissapears there! Hmmmm....

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Goose, they only had the official records to look at, and there was nothing unusual in them. Just that as they flew over the area, there was a sudden loss of engine power, and they were forced to ditch.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've seen, and experienced far too much stuff for me not to belive.

However boring normal rational explanations cover an awful lot of stuff.
A lot of the missing ships in the triangle are due to Pirates, Yes - they still do exist - eg. honduras. They grab the boat and use it to run contraband, then sink it or sell it - just like cars stolen in the states and sold in south America.

So I'm not saying Don't belive, I'm saying Don't belive everything.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It just so happened that I came across this thread after seeing another good show about the Triangle. They took an old Avenger engine, and ran it up to flight power, and had set up a methane tank n front of it. They slowly released methane, and at a 0.94% methane/oxygen ratio the engine almost immediately died.

Another interesting thing that was found near the 5 Avengers they found were 300 foot wide holes in the seafloor. These aren't normally consistent with methane releases so they aren't entirely sure WHAT caused them, but there were 3 or 4 around the area they found the planes.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that I've seen the Discovery especial eveyone is talking
about. But there's only one thing, Zaphod, i dont remember them
mentioning these holes in the ocean floor. Did they say how deep they
were? Could they even tell? That just amplified my already deep interest in
the subject. I wonder if anyone has ever explored these holes?? Hmmm....

[edit on 4/4/2006 by Pjpuas]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I still cant comprehend how flight #19 ( 5 airplanes) disappeared together over the Atlantic. :shk:

I mean one or two i could see, but 5???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join