It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some unexpectedly banned members...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So does this mean if I want to have immoral, illegal, or otherwise naughty files on my computer, all I have to do is rename them to something innocent, like "mymonthlycontributionstocharity.jpg" or "plantohelptheorphans.exe" and no one in IT will find them?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I dunno if this was part of this banning or not, but NWguy83? I don't rememeber seeing any posts of his that were particularly insulting or attacked any members.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Not sure if mad scientist is one of them folks, but I just noticed the ban status on the little feller, and hadn't noticed it before.

...Course, I never really looked for that until now...

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
edsinger is banned. He hasn't been all that active of late and I doubt it's legitimate. He certainly fits the profile.

I would hope that we can institute a kind of buddy system whereby everyone does a buddy check. One person can't think of everyone who might be so afflicted, but everyone should be able to do a rundown of folks they know who are mysteriously silent or a likely target.

[edit on 2005/11/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

I would hope that we can institute a kind of buddy system whereby everyone does a buddy check. One person can't think of everyone who might be so afflicted, but everyone should be able to do a rundown of folks they know who are mysteriously silent or a likely target.

While I think your idea is good mods could be flooded with names of members who were banned for legit a reason. I hope we dont lose any members because they were banned by mistake. If possible the mods could send an email to members that were banned by mistake and inform them that they are still welcome to post on ATS.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Well, naming probable candidates is what this thread is all about and the offending act occurred over only a couple of days at the most, I would assume, so I don't think that legitimate bans occur all that frequently.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
So does this mean if I want to have immoral, illegal, or otherwise naughty files on my computer, all I have to do is rename them to something innocent, like "mymonthlycontributionstocharity.jpg" or "plantohelptheorphans.exe" and no one in IT will find them?

Why would anyone keep personal files on their work computer? This one still blows my mind. I see it all the time, and it still boggles my mind. Especially when it occurs on the computer of IT personnel.

Anyway, I think we got beyond the "target" theory. I find the mistake made an amusing and endearing blunder from an adminsitrator who is just as human as the rest of us, a rather comforting thought when you think about it.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
edsinger is banned. He hasn't been all that active of late and I doubt it's legitimate. He certainly fits the profile.

[edit on 2005/11/29 by GradyPhilpott]

Pleeeeeeeeeze be my buddy! no one really knows me here and i can see i am so insignificant i could drop off the radar if i accidentaly got banned. i don't think i'm likely to post anything ban-worthy.

i'm a mod on another board and i have no idea how i managed to ban every member's IP including my own one day!

that certainly took some sorting out, i can tell you . . .

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floh
Pleeeeeeeeeze be my buddy! no one really knows me here and i can see i am so insignificant i could drop off the radar if i accidentaly got banned. i don't think i'm likely to post anything ban-worthy.

I doubt anything like this will happen again, it was pretty much a freak accident. But we'll keep an eye out for you.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Springer...

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hmm I thought EdSinger's ban was legit from a while back

[edit on 1/12/05 by subz]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Nah, he just went away for a while. Sometimes those who fade away fade back.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just noticed "Master Wu" was banned.

Not sure if if it was related.

Thought I'd give a heads up just in case since in reviewing some of his recent posts there didn't seem to be anything overly inflammatory.

[edit on 12/21/05 by redmage]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
How about ktpktr (sp?), is he another one of the accidentals, or a legit ban? Because if I remember correctly, didn't he make alot of quality posts?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
is no no

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I apologize for laughing out loud at this... I really (ROFLMAO) do.. I know it is a reputation hit and all that.. but seriously.. it is good for us all to remember every now and then how easily a little glitch can turn into a big embarassment.

I am glad ATS has taken this in stride. Hope there are not too many hard feelings over this.

edit on 5-17-2011 by rogerstigers because: I was randomly selected for enhanced security screening by the spelling nazi's

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join