It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can not hide from them!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So I am watching the Nightly News tonight,..

And one topic is the On-Star in cars is now being used to find stolen cars, down to the street they are on.

Right then it occurred to me (albiet a bit too late, as usual) I am not suprised!

My every movement is being tracked.

The car I drive may be remotely pinpointing me. When I go to the airport, the feds have already reviewed the passenger list. On the way to the airport, two cop cars call in my licence but dont pull me over. I was on the cell phone, so my conversation was tracked and monitored. And traced to my caller, as well as the cells I passed thru. Keyword scanning computers were checking my verbal usage for key word hits. Before I left I checked my email, and got a virus(?) worm that exploited my email box, index.dat, and pwd files. My email was scanned for content prior to it being delivered. (ask your isp,...scanned for virii and attachments.) And of course the email was keyword scanned also. Cookies on my computer report bits of my click habits, and send them to a clearinghouse to be assembled with other bits, to create a larger knowledge file on me. (for marketing purposes only of course) I used my credit card on the way. My visa provider tracks my normal usage and area of usage and will disable my card if it falls out of a pattern or area.(Had that happen more than once).

I can only imagine, there is someone in gov, somewhere, who's job entails, pulling my name on a screen, and all the info available is there basically telling everything about me that is current or past, assembled into a pile. Push that thru a profiler program, and they have an idea about my future and mentality. Push it thru a marketing program, and they can predict the market trends for me and my spending habits. The areas I frequent. My vices, my contacts. Pile that into a population analyzer, and the current state of the popluation mood, and direction, and sentiment, can be measured. Maybe even break it down to regions.

Decide what the population will tolerate, or expect, or how to make them tolerate, or accept.

There is nothing I can do, short of becoming a bum, and avoiding any government assistance, to prevent being a part of this!

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I feel for you smirkley, as long as you don't shoot someone or tell someone to shoot someone, they shouldn't shoot you.

Is there something you have done lately which has inspired this fear?
I doubt the government is paying 3000 people to monitor the members of ATS, maybe five or ten to monitor the board, but that's about it...

Don't be a bum, be an active scholar, we should all be.
Even though most of us don't have the title scholar or fighter, in our hearts we are (or at least should be).

I'm glad you posted this smirk, It's great to see a fellow member snap into reality
Cheers,
- Tass

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Doesn't it frackin suck?,there is no way that you can be successful without letting everyone know how they can prey on you,which of course hinders your efforts to become more successful,unless of course you are a member of the few,the proud,the filthy disghustingly carefree rich folk.(did I say the few?,yes,again,the FEW).
Welcome to slave world,where if you get too far off the beaten path,they de-activate your credit cards.............
This is NOT reality unless you feed it,there are ways to work around it,but there is legislation out there that will stop this also,when they enact it.
It's a wonderful world,and I plan on dropping off the edge of it,but then if they don't know where you went you will be branded a terrorist,they are terrified by not knowing what your every move is..........

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
No Fear! Just delayed realization, and natural paranoia.

I think Im gonna sell the caddie, trash the cell phone, kill the pc, cancel the credit cards, walk where ever I go, and move into a cardboard condominium under a bridge.

No, I just remembered, I still have bills to pay. Danged it all! I am trapped in it!

Just kidding, but I was elaborating on the On-Star thing(and got carried away a bit) I did just see on the news, and It occurred to me that it just doesnt only unlock doors, and call for help.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You could always do without the onstar technology on your vehicle. I buy vehicles that are usually 20 or more years older because they are so easy to work on and you could spot something in there alot more easily. You could also ditch the cell phone. You are using a remote mic and not putting the antenna up to your head, right? If technology is not properly serving your interest, then perhaps it is time to ditch it.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Remember Eric Rudolph,..he was 'out-of-the-system' and they looked for him high and low for a long time. I wonder if he will ever get to trial?

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Is to disappear without being forced to for doing something that's not PC.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
And one topic is the On-Star in cars is now being used to find stolen cars, down to the street they are on.
Right then it occurred to me (albiet a bit too late, as usual) I am not suprised!
I remember a university professor who is a criminologist say that you would be amazed at the amount of information the Government could collect on you.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I dont have on-star in my car...but i'm sure the government is watching me some other way...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Funny thing is, they don't need onstar to track you. (but it helps) A cell phone is a good way, though it only gives you the general area.

Also, I'm not sure on this, correct me if I'm wrong, but those computerized maps they put in new cars now, you know, the ones that give directions? If there is any transmission from another source in those, I think it would be all too easy to track you.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley

The car I drive may be remotely pinpointing me. When I go to the airport, the feds have already reviewed the passenger list. On the way to the airport, two cop cars call in my licence but dont pull me over. I was on the cell phone, so my conversation was tracked and monitored. And traced to my caller, as well as the cells I passed thru. Keyword scanning computers were checking my verbal usage for key word hits. Before I left I checked my email, and got a virus(?) worm that exploited my email box, index.dat, and pwd files. My email was scanned for content prior to it being delivered. (ask your isp,...scanned for virii and attachments.) And of course the email was keyword scanned also. Cookies on my computer report bits of my click habits, and send them to a clearinghouse to be assembled with other bits, to create a larger knowledge file on me. (for marketing purposes only of course) I used my credit card on the way. My visa provider tracks my normal usage and area of usage and will disable my card if it falls out of a pattern or area.(Had that happen more than once).

I can only imagine, there is someone in gov, somewhere, who's job entails, pulling my name on a screen, and all the info available is there basically telling everything about me that is current or past, assembled into a pile. Push that thru a profiler program, and they have an idea about my future and mentality. Push it thru a marketing program, and they can predict the market trends for me and my spending habits. The areas I frequent. My vices, my contacts. Pile that into a population analyzer, and the current state of the popluation mood, and direction, and sentiment, can be measured. Maybe even break it down to regions.

Decide what the population will tolerate, or expect, or how to make them tolerate, or accept.

There is nothing I can do, short of becoming a bum, and avoiding any government assistance, to prevent being a part of this!

The government knows everything. Even that im typing right now lol

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i might be overly paranoid right now as i say this but...

seriously though how do we know if our pc's right now arent sending information to some source without us knowing, and how do we know that what we were taught in school was entirely right ey? etc. etc.

it sure leaves me thinkin...

join