It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for those knowledgeable in the field of ufology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am, and have been for some years, very interested in the subject of aliens and UFOs. Read a few books, read a few web sites, and I have a questions now. I have looked around and can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.

Bascially, I am at the point of being pretty convinced that aliens and UFOs are a reality. I would like to know certain things that would elevate my "pretty convinced" to "almost certain"

Here are the questions, and thank you in advance.

1) are aliens portrayed the same throughout all cultures and most importantly before mass media.

If it were the case that they were, then this would really make me a lot more convinced that aliens are a reality. If, however, aliens are mainly portrayed differently in ( for example ) Japan or Russia then it would make me less convinced because I would feel that it's obviously a product of mind/culture rathar than something real. Were aliens to be portrayed as small and grey throughout history and all cultures then that would lend a very high level of credability to aliens being a reality.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well I wouldn't describe myself as particularly knowlegeable in the field of ufology, but to answer your question:

In history, there are pictures of ufos. There are several pieces of christian art which have obvious saucers on them, but these are mostly background items only some people notice.

There were several ufos in history but not as many as there are now. In the 16th(not sure) century a red light was seen flying over a field in the night. In the morning there was a crop cicle there. It was cescribed as a "mowing demon".

"Grey's" though, are not the field of ufology I know much about.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Well I wouldn't describe myself as particularly knowlegeable in the field of ufology, but to answer your question:

In history, there are pictures of ufos. There are several pieces of christian art which have obvious saucers on them, but these are mostly background items only some people notice.

There were several ufos in history but not as many as there are now. In the 16th(not sure) century a red light was seen flying over a field in the night. In the morning there was a crop cicle there. It was cescribed as a "mowing demon".

"Grey's" though, are not the field of ufology I know much about.

Thank you for your reply

I am aware of those historical instances of UFO. What i'm really interested to find out is if those instances of UFOs are the same in the other countries and much more imporantly if the aliens are the same! I'm thinking of a period before the 1950's before we had a global culture in an age before the internet and TV.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is an aboriginal cave painting

I stole it from this thread, which you might find relevant to your question.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
hey leaf good question. I have ollowed ufology since the early 70s and read most everything. IMO it seems that the relative descriptions of aliens have stayed the same with periods of time where new features or descriptive terms are used(see the abduction cases). of course you get into the history of sightings and you will find that on a wide scale they all look the same. when you revue cases around the world you will find that again the descriptions are quite similar. you will of course also find regional differences. if i get a chance i will post some relevant sites but for now the best place to start is with someone who knows what hes talkin about www.stantonfriedman.com... he is very knowledgable on these matters also see http:/www.ufomind.com hope this helps
love everyone

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leaf Storm
I am, and have been for some years, very interested in the subject of aliens and UFOs. Read a few books, read a few web sites, and I have a questions now. I have looked around and can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.

Bascially, I am at the point of being pretty convinced that aliens and UFOs are a reality. I would like to know certain things that would elevate my "pretty convinced" to "almost certain"

Here are the questions, and thank you in advance.

1) are aliens portrayed the same throughout all cultures and most importantly before mass media.

If it were the case that they were, then this would really make me a lot more convinced that aliens are a reality. If, however, aliens are mainly portrayed differently in ( for example ) Japan or Russia then it would make me less convinced because I would feel that it's obviously a product of mind/culture rathar than something real. Were aliens to be portrayed as small and grey throughout history and all cultures then that would lend a very high level of credability to aliens being a reality.

I am very well read in the whole field of Ufology, having read every good book on the subject and gathering my info from books and legit UFO journals, not the net.

As for aliens portrayed in many cultures, the answer, in truth, is that alien portrayals are extremely rare before 50 years ago. Nova's pic of the aboriginie rock painting is one good example. There are some authors who claim aliens are represented all over ancient history, but such claims are not very credible lack much convincing evidence.

Now, when you say alien, I am assuming you mean the greys, which are the most publicized pop culture image of aliens. The ones with big black eyes, egg shaped heads, skinny bodies, ect. But greys are not the only aliens reported. In fact, there are a number of professional ufologists who believe we are being visited by more than one race of aliens, and their theory is based on numerous eyewitness accounts as well as government sources.

The aliens you are thinking of, the greys, have been reported all over the world, but in varying frquencies. They are reported alot more in the US than other countries, but they are still reported world wide. In Europe, Nordics are reported more often than they are in the US. (Nordics being tall blonde blue eyed aliens that look like Scandinavian humans). In South America, hairy dwarf aliens are reported quite often.

But in general, all of the above alien types have been reported world wide. And if its any help, long before the image of the grey alien was a pop culture icon, the grey was described and reported by witnesses, especially during the Roswell incident. It was many years later before the face of the grey alien became the standard image associated with aliens, and the reason this image became prominent was because it was the most common type of E.T. reported by the most reliable and credible witnesses.

But it helps to remember, as I mentioned, that there are appparantly more than one type of E.T. visiting earth, and the descriptions of the beings witnessed are very consistant within their own classes, seperated by time, geography, and culture.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Most alien encounter cases throughout history that have involved the 'Grey' type creatures have been the ones that have stood up to skepticism and are considered the most genuine.

I think South America has had the strangest looking alien reports though...

top topics

join