It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish politics just became a whole lot more colorful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The US political issues of soft money and dirty campaign ads are really trivial compared to the major stuff going on in Denmark.

Attempted assasinations of opponents, beating the kids of opponents with baseball bats because they disrespected you, ties with radical Islamic groups in Pakistan, running for office in two countries at once, etc...

Danish politics just became a whole lot more colorful

Following the recently concluded local elections, our capital Copenhagen was hit by a political scandal when Wallait Khan, elected for the rightwing Liberals, defected to support a leftwing government of the city in return for the spot as 2nd deputy mayor along with a couple other posts.

[...]

Wallait Khan himself doesnt answer telephone calls these days, but has earlier denied, that he should be sympathizing with Minhaj ul-Quran. A movement, that on its American home page lists as its goal: "Islamic world domination, elimination of the influence of atheist ideologies and islamic domination both politically, culturally, academically, socially, spiritually and economically."

[...]

It was especially his friendship with the then 62-year-old Pakistani Sattar Mohd Naz - who in 1997 was sentenced in absentia to 10 years in prison for attempted murder at the special terrorist court in Jhelum in Pakistan - that made some wonder. Sattar Mohd Naz according to Weekendavisens information has also helped Wallait Khan with his election campaign this year..

The friendship is remarkable by the fact that Naz, according to Ekstra Bladet, during a vacation in Pakistan has tried to assassinate Wallait Khan in his home in the Punjab. Khan wasnt at home, and thus escaped alive. The two hitmen Naz had hired were arrested, and revealed Naz as the mastermind. But before the assassination attempt, the two actually had a long friendship stretching back many years.

There's too much for me to post but this is one heck of a article that's worth the read, at least I enjoyed it.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
But this is just too much.

Anybody out there studied any Scandinavian archaeology? You dig up all kinds of Arabic coins up in Scandinavia, from the Middle Ages. Guess where they got them?

Not from Viking raids.

From selling their daughters into slavery to Islamic traders.

I guess they get off on this, like skydiving thrills or basejumping- the flirtation with death.

Pure Nordic Race my bazooka. God rest my Danish grandmother's soul.

Guess this is why she said 'something's rotten in Denmark'...

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Dæng. You beat me to the thread!

The danish-pakistani local politician Wallait Kahn has openly supported the illegal organization Hizb ut-Tharir and Minhaj ul-Quran. This has recently been discovered by the danish newsagencies "Ekstrabladet" and "Jyllandsposten".
The pakistani newsmagazine "Monthly Sahil International" has been translated, and Wallait Kahn do not deny his statements of supporting these anti-democratic organizations. Infact, in an interview on danish TV, he accused the reporters of 'not understanding his statements'.

Wallait Kahn:
Photo: Politiken.
-Would You buy a used car from this man?

Several politicians are upset, by more than one reason.
Besides openly supporting anti-democratic, and terrorist-organizations, Wallait Khan has, straight after the communal-election of recent, left the party he was running for (V), and become a 'loner', a politician without a party which binds him, so to say. Making it hard for the newly elected
(Note:'V', is short for 'Venstre', translated into 'Left'. The party is actually a right-wing party!) ...-Danes

Khan didn't show up to a prearranged interview on the danish newsprogram TV2/NYHEDERNE.

One politician demands that Kahn officially state that he is in no way supporting Hizb ut-Tharir, and what the organization supports. -And that it should be done in Kahns native tounge, Urdu. He feels worried by the things spoken and written regarding this issue, and expect nothing but a formal excuse, and explanation by Kahn.

Kahn is to be followed up by a political group, to investigate his stand, regarding what democratic values he supports, or if he insists to support organizations that has close bonds to terror.
Note: Again, on a short TV-interview, Kahn expressed that he had to support them as a good muslim. -Interesting statement, imho.

Besides these two issues, Wallait Kahn even further candidated for election as mayor in Pakistan, parallell to the election in Denmark!!
Note: Needless to say, there is a glowing questionmark hanging over this fellas head regarding his loyalty, I believe.

AND, there is more to this.
Wallait Kahn is also going to be investigated, to see if he fullfill the criterias of being 'electable'. The rules of being able to be voted for, is that you can't be out of Denmark for more than 6 months the last 3 years.

To Wallait kahns defence, he has been a politician in Denmark for 11 years.

Related Links:
Politiken.dk
Politiken.dk
TV2.dk
TV2.dk
TV2.dk
TV2.dk
TV2.dk
Jyllandsposten
Weekendavisen

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Anybody out there studied any Scandinavian archaeology? You dig up all kinds of Arabic coins up in Scandinavia, from the Middle Ages. Guess where they got them?

Not from Viking raids.

I am aware that Scandanavians were sold into slavery to the muslims but I missed the part in that link which says the vikings sold their daughters.

From that article they say the men all had red hair and the women were all blonde so I'm assuming they were raided from other people, not their own family.

I have watched a TV show about Arabic coins being discovered in Scandanavian countries but on that show they said the Vikings, after the peak of their power, were hired by the Arabs as guards and warriors.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

Not from Viking raids.

Wow, if your grandma really is danish, you should really update your origins history radically, instead of reading vikinganswerlady. How about open a historybook instead.
Scandinavians were not only plunderers, but farmers and traders, a possible reason for finding coins, perhaps?
Scandinavians, along with other european nationalities has for years feared the mediterranian ocean because of pirates.
Many sailors and passangers has been caught and sold into slavery in old Persia. Investigate a bit about danish sailors, and you will eventually find a book about a danish sailor, surviving slavery, and returning home to Denmark.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
Wow, if your grandma really is danish, you should really update your origins history radically, instead of reading vikinganswerlady. How about open a historybook instead.

Spent my long life reading history books, Ulve. There is a dark side to Scandinavian history, not only in relationship to outsiders but also in the way Scandinavians are and have been treated by the upper classes, the merchants, by religious factions and so on. Ask any Sammmi (Lapp) person or a Greenlander of Innuit descent like my ancestors. Jarls, Karls, and Thralls...

Perhaps you could enlighten us on current events in Scandinavia as regards why Middle Easterners are becoming a force in politics. Could you explain the status of guest workers in the North, and why they are present within the Nordic countries in such large numbers?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Wallait Kahn has just retired from his newly acclaimed position.
His respond to it all, was that he retired because of the heavy pounding from the media.

Perhaps you could enlighten us on current events in Scandinavia as regards why Middle Easterners are becoming a force in politics. Could you explain the status of guest workers in the North, and why they are present within the Nordic countries in such large numbers?

Events in Scandinavia regarding Middle Easterner politicians, humm, that one is a tough one. I don't really know. One cheap guess would perhaps be, that they are starting to agree more with each other?
Islamists are as interested in politics as non-islamists are, but I imagine it is way harder for muslims to actually form a party. One of the reasons to this, would be the differences within the groupings of believers of the islam belief? My guess is, that the islamists that would easiest form a party, would be fundamentalists supporting Sharia.

Not a very likely thing to happen, regarding the democracy vs. Islam-issue.
Another reason for why there are 'more' 'foreigners' in the politics, could be a very simple matter. They are many.
With the non-intended plausibility of being labeled as a common racist, Copenhagen is not longer the vision of blond-haired, 185cm, peaceful/drunk and brawling people.
One example. I was sitting on the bus, the bus passed by a flock of children from a kindergarden. There were 9 kids. Two girls had the classic angel-white-blond hair. The rest where black-curly haired toddlers.

I didn't quite feel like being a northener.
---

Dark side to the scandinavian history, indeed! I agree to the dark history of the viking era, but isn't all history pretty murky?

Especially regarding the swedes! Neither norwegians nor danes has ever liked them. They should be treated as 'not trustworthy'.
They always interact in treacherous ways.
Regarding the norwegians, the swedes let germans soldiers travel through sweden, not only soldiers, but arms and ammunition.
Refugees from Norway, escaping over the border to sweden, when caught, they where delivered to the Gestapo on the border -->Imprisonment, torture and death.

Latest from THAT part, is that Sweden, known to all as neutrals, actually right now, have soldiers in Afghanistan!

why is a neutral country sending soldiers to a warzone? It p***** me of.
Related link:
PakTribune

So, yeah, the history is painted black, and imho, it is most likely not going to improve either.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ulvetann , is the situation regarding foreigners as bad as the following article suggests?

Fanatical pupils

The boys seem brainwashed by extreme islamic positions, that they dont stop for a moment expressing in class. Several teachers, that B.T. has spoken to, are directly shocked and appalled over the tone coming from some of the very aggressive students.

Some of them have been to koran schools, and according to teachers that is also where they have their extreme positions from. ..

- Saddam Hussein and moslems, who cut the throats of American soldiers are heroes

- Pia Kjærsgaard (Danish People´s Party chairman) will get killed, if she becomes prime minister, are messages from the children, when substitute teacher Martin Leider Olsen teaches at the school.

- I was very schocked by that. And I tried taking the discussion about just how disgusting a guy Saddam Hussein actually was. But it just bounced off them as water from a goose. They are not willing to compromise or hear other people´s arguments. They have a one-sided idea about everything being the west´s fault, says Martin Leider Olsen. ..

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well, actually, imho, I believe t is increasingly worsening.
At least if I am to believe the media.

I remember a sequence from the evening news, perhaps a forthnight ago.
It was a school in copenhagen, which allowed young students to gather in school in the evenings, to have group-meetings, where they could discuss religion and socialize.
Meetings of the kind which we can describe as a 'social-club' for christians and alike. Since there is freedom of religion, there where of course 'social-club' for Islam believers too.

The school had to shut down this offer to the youngsters, because the meetings became more and more agitating towards fundamentalism.
People became afraid these meetings would become sources where fundamentalists would recruit terrorists.

It is terrible that these things happen.
Instead of being able to keep children safe from the streets and its brutality, by giving them opportunities of indoor social arrangement, they are even being affected by religious fundamentalism in these places. I, myself remember these places as fairly free from 'grown-up-people-societys' troubles.

Until lately, I thought politics and religion where issues, that mostly were found in pubs where one are allowed to drink alcohol and make a fool of yourselves...
Oh, the naivetè!

As a personal critic of the school, would perhaps be, that they should never have allowed for religious or political meetings to take place.
If they believed that it would promote a better integration of immigrants, to have them discuss religion...
Oh, the naivetè!!

I integrate more people in my shooting club more successfully!

top topics

join