It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I remembered a Black Triangle...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well, when I was around 12 or 14, me and my brother were going to this petrol station to buy some cigarettes. We were walking down the pavement, and I saw this aircraft. It weren't like any I've ever seen. It was huge. As big as a jumbo jet, and it looked like it had aircraft lights. It looked so queer. It also made this huge sound. Like continuous thunder. Me and my brother watched this for 10 or 15 minutes. I so wanted to take a picture but alas, we had none. We watched it till it went over the hill, and disappeared from sight.
Have anyone else seen such things? Do they exist? I didn't think it was a UFO. It looked man-made. I am just curious to know what the hell it was.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
So your'e Scottish then?.

Heard of a place called Machrihanish?, Not far from Cambeltown There is a famous golf course there and a RAF base that is also used by the USAF. Vulcan bombers were based there during the cold war and is also used for SAS/Elite Forces training and a Ultra top secret Black Triangle shaped recce aircraft that goes extremely fast, faster than you think.

It is known as the 'Aurora'.

There have been loads of 'Black Triangle sightings round the world, Once in Sydney Australia, mostly Scotland and the USA.

Interested about it? Click on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ufocasebook.com...

Someone claims to have seen through a gunsight English words labelled on the aircraft such as 'Rescue' and 'Escape hatch release' n stuff like that.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Regarding Machrihanish, it doesn't appear on the RAF squadrons list, however, with the second longest runway in the UK surely it operates some aircraft (even the airfields which operate a few Pumas are mentioned on the RAF homepage).

I wouldn't imagine there many other bases like this in the UK, does anyone know of any? or know why this base isn't acknowledged by the RAF?

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
During the late 80's and early 90's I visited Macrahanish a few times when the Tornado Sqn I was on was carrying out practice bombing on one of the bombing range's nearby.

At that time there where no permanent A/c based there but it was used for the Fincastle trophy (Maritime A/c compertition) and it was used by the US Navy SEAL's for something or other! ( nice blokes to go on the thrash in the local pubs with......nobody ever picks a fight with you!!!!!! )

Recently it has been tied into the Aurora story as its preffered landing base in europe as the place is miles from anywhere and its approach is from the sea!

Sv out....!

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aldergrove
Regarding Machrihanish, it doesn't appear on the RAF squadrons list, however, with the second longest runway in the UK surely it operates some aircraft (even the airfields which operate a few Pumas are mentioned on the RAF homepage).

I wouldn't imagine there many other bases like this in the UK, does anyone know of any? or know why this base isn't acknowledged by the RAF?

It is still MOD Property but it seems to be abandoned every now n again unless it is borrowed by the US. You may see civillian security cars round the base but there is deffo somthin going on in there!

The base now is used as a training/testing ground and a emergency runway due to the lengh of it.

SF units train there, The USAF use it too so the place is a base for any Military purpose really for example as a makeshift base for friendly foreign countries in the case of a war.

There's one thread about Australian bases n facillities too

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wonder whats goin on down under, Stealth kangaroos and boomerangs?

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I believe that you saw just a Concorde.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
As an amature astronomer I saw a Triangle UFO once too. One night I was out with my telescope. It was durign the winter and I was facing Orion so I was looking south. I was looking at teh constelation when I saw a tringle mae up of 3 bright white points. It was moving fast too (I could tell because of the backdrop of the stars). SO naturalyl what any logical person would do I move my telescope to it. Looking throught he eyepice it was low flying Geese flying south for winter in triangle formaion. Because they were low it appeared to be moving verry fast. Their white underbellies reflected alot of ambient light to give off the bring effect.

Sometiems it takes a closer look. If I wouldnt have had my scope by me I would have never known and would have wondered to this day "are we alone?"

silly geese.

top topics

join