It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: The mystery of mind control

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Brain washing is when you convince someone to think the way you do. Like by bombarding an American with patriotic images, and saying how great the US is, until they start to think the same way, and won't accept otherwise.

A good example is the fact that the book Little Red Riding Hood has been banned in many places because it has the word "red" in the title. People at the time it was first banned, associated red with communism, and since communism was Different it was Bad.

Communism is also a good example of brainwashing. Until after the cold war, and to this day even, the people that grew up during the cold war are convinced that the Soviet Union was the Evil Empire because it was a communist nation, and the US and her allies were democratic nations, so they were the Good Guys. To this day there are people that still don't trust Russia, or like Russian people, because they're still convinced they're the Enemy.

Mind control is when you get someone to do something you want them to do, for example, go out and kill someone. Brainwashing is when you get someone to think the same way you do about thing.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
I meant to add this source earlier about mind control in my introductory paragraph.
www.rickross.com...

Here are a few questions that I have been pondering.

Mind Control

• What is mind control
  • Is it possible to manipulate a person's mind without their consent
  • What are different methods of mind control
  • What is brain washing
  • Is there a difference in brain washing and mind control

I have been wondering about the movie The Wizard of Oz, I heard theories that this movie involves brain washing and hidden messages, so I would like your opinions on this subject.

Wizard of Oz

• Does this movie contain any form of brain washing in it, If so how
  • What is the symbolism that each character represents
  • What is the purpose of this movie
  • Did you enjoy this movie personally
  • Feel free to add anything else that you would like to comment on

Liquid Out...

[edit on 043030p://333 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

Just my two cents,

at the time it came out, it was the first movie to ever be in color in a theatre.

PEOPLE WENT NUTS.

The fact that this happened, made people more succeptible to suggestion while the movie was being played. This allowed the director to implement any ideas he wanted, whether it be straight up figurative of or over your head subliminal messages.

Think about it in the figurative sense. This movie is so bizzare, colorful and outlandish, I don't see that it was possible to not have some symbolic meanings in it.

Of what I know of the original novel, it was written to present a comment on the American industrialization. I can't go into great detail, because the book is very very different from the movie.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by E_Pluribus_Unum]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Go to her "Untimely Death"

Do you think The Wizard of Oz may have something to do with her heavy drug abuse, and her death?

I look at it as suicide, because she "consciously starves" herself to death!

I mean, what else can you call it?

Liquid also mentioned to me that there are deaths related to this movie.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by E_Pluribus_Unum]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There are many weird aspects relating to this movie. I wonder why Judy Garland would commit suicide? Do you think it has anything to do with The Wizard of Oz involvement? Please feel free to answer the ?'s I have posted concerning this movie, and brain washing. I am open to all responses.

Liquid Out..

[edit on 063131p://111 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
First of all....thank you for the invite to this particular thread, LiquidationOfDiscrepancy. My life has been such that I haven't been able to access the internet in recent history. Thusly, I missed this thread......fortunately, my situation will stabalize and I will be back here soon after the New Year.....but enough of my boring excuses....

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
To add on more thoughts of my previous post.

What was the MK Ultra?
[snip]

The Church committee wrote:

"The Deputy Director of the CIA revealed that over 30 universities and institutions were involved in an 'extensive testing and experimentation' program which included covert drug tests on unwitting citizens 'at all social levels, high and low, native Americans and foreign.' Several of these tests involved the administration of '___' to 'unwitting subjects in social situations.' At least one death, that of Dr. Olson, resulted from these activities. The Agency itself acknowledged that these tests made little scientific sense. The agents doing the monitoring were not qualified scientific observers."

The inclusion of '___' as a topical thesis for certain MK-ULTRA experiments is true, but it's a minomer to conclude that the entire project was based on and around the effects of that particular drug. Just take a look at the list of subprojects listed on this link....
www.nemasys.com...

You'll notice that at some point a study was done on alcohol. Peculiar inclusion if you consider taht we have not only had alcohol for thousands of years, but that it is legal for everyone of age........unless you understand the context.....

Here are a few examples of the broad range of topic..

Subproject 128: MKULTRA: Rapid Hypnotic Induction
Subproject 73: MKULTRA: University of Kentucky: Narcotics Farms, Narco-Hypnosis

Subproject 75: MKULTRA: Mass. Mental Health (by Project number of master list)
Subproject 102: MKULTRA: Adolescent Gangs
Subproject 103: MKULTRA: Children's Summer Camps
Subproject 117: MKULTRA: Cultural Influences on Children
Subproject 123: MKULTRA: African Attitude Study

The experimentation was done with the goal in mind (imo) of understanding more readily basic psychology of thepopulation with the motivation being that once you know how they tick, you can manipulate with more efficiency. The subprojects I placed in bold, are in my opinion, are important to understand because they reflect the efforts of this government project to not substantiate the usefulness of hypnosis on an unwitting individual.......but to induce hypnosis as quickly as possible, not to mention the effects certain drugs would have on an inebriated state of mind. Alcohol is very important in this aspect because it is one of the few ways taht the brain can be induced to 'forget' experience (blackouts). The other two are traumatic experience and, oddly enough, hypnosis. Funny to me that two of the known provacations for memory loss were studied in a project that has since been known to have used individuals without thier consent or even knowledge in some cases.......and there is where memory loss can be equated to 'erasing of memory.'

It is important to realize that memory erasing is not necassarily possible at this point because their is no broad spectrum technique. People are to distinct in their brain patterns and how they attribute relevance and priority to their own unique experiences. What is tried and true are subtle tricks, like distraction and inclining towards other thoughts and memories/expectations/goals, etc.... All you have to do is control the present mindset to have the greatest probability in controlling how and what gets remembered.....or gets remembered with any kind of intention or relevant reaction.

I wish I could spend more time on this but unfortunately I have little of it to utilize.....till next time...

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I am also interested in subliminal messages in music. Or backmasking.

Backmasking is the art of hiding messages in audio by dubbing backwards messages into a recording. Though the use of Backmasking is meant to cause subliminal thought there is no evidence that it does. The proof would lie in whether or not the human mind has the capability to subconsciously understand backwards English.

Backtracking, or backmasking is the form of inserting hidden messages into tracks which can only be consciously heard when played backwards. Most of the time these messages are inserted purposefully, sometimes by accident, some people even believe that the subconscious can actually pick up these messages. But the nature of the backtracked messages in many modern pop songs is so sinister as to leave no doubt to the intentions and affiliations of these singers. The following are examples of such cases where the backward lyrics seem to fit the suggestions:

Source

Such as Queen's song "Another One Bites The Dust"
Another One Bites The Dust Played Foward

Now Listen to this song backwards. Listen carefully.
Another One Bites The Dust- Reverse

I clearly hear "It's fun to smoke marijuana".

Take this comedic example of backmasking from the Simpsons.
Simpson's Song foward

Simpson's Song- Reverse

You can hear "Join the Navy" in a weird tone.

Here is backmasking in a Metallica song (Pretty good song too imo)

Enter Sandman

Reverse- Enter Sandman

You should hear ""I am the snake. I'm the snake. Yeah, the snake!"

Smells like teen Spirit

Smells Like teen Spirit- Reverse

Should say something like ""If there's a wonderous place above us, this constant abuse has caused me to fear my own mother"

Eminem- My name is

My name is- reverse

You should be able to hear ""It's eminem it's eminem it's eminem"

D12 My Band

D12 My band - Reverse

You Should hear "Buy the album now"

One of my favorite songs.
Led Zepplin- Stairway To Heaven

Staiway to heaven Backwards

I will allow you to judge what that song says for yourself. But It sounds like it has "Oh Sweet Satan in it"

Or ""Glory glory to my sweet satan, there was a little child born, it makes me sad, whose power is satan"

I am unsure of what it says backwards.

Pokemon Rap

Pokemon Rap Reverse

It Should say ""I love satan, love satan. I love satan, love satan."

Britney Spears Hit Me Baby one More Time

Hit Me Baby One More Time Reverse

It Should say "Sleep with me, I'm not too young"

Now whether or not if this is true, I am unsure. I am open minded in believing this is very very real in our culture of music. I believe these messages are real and they affect us in so many ways. Makes me wonder, no wonder Britney Spears is so popular.

But besides the point, I am OPEN to ALL ideas, and opinions on this subject.
I may post more music later. Hope you enjoy

Source

[edit on 093131p://666 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Concerning Stairway to Heaven, there was more to it.

O heres to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me sad, who's power is Satan.

He'll give you, give you 666.

Theres a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan.

There is a link directly below, showing you the extended version of the songs climax.

www.killsometime.com...">Stairway to Heaven Backwards and Forwards

And LoD, Everything you posted seems to have high media standards during their time. It seems there is some connection. My personal opinion of Staiway's popularity isnt due to these backwards lyrics, but because the song has poetic qualities. The lyrics are very nature related, to let you feel attached, yet mysterious to keep you constantly wondering and wanting to hear it over and over again. And maybe your subconscious somehow catches the whole Satan thing, and you have something ELSE to wonder about.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by E_Pluribus_Unum]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Part 2
First Link is the song forwards, second is the song in reverse, followed by what should be heard by the listener.

Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever

Strawberry Fields Forever

"I worship satan"

ACDC - Beating Around the Bush

ACDC

"I shoved a knife in him"

ACDC Is One of My Favorite bands, but I find this pretty interesting

Back in Black

Back in Black

"I love Satan, alright. And Satan knows I love Him. Love Him. Love Him!"

Another classic song
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap

Dirty Deeds Done Cheap

"Yeah, I'm the Nazi. Ooo and I love it! Who the f*ck are you?

StairWay to Heaven Part 2 (Oh did I meantion how I love this song?)

Stairway To Heaven Part 2

"...'cause I live with Satan"

Beetles-I am Tired

I am tired

"Paul is a dead man, miss him, miss him, MISS HIM"

The Eagles- Hotel CA

Hotel CA

"Yeah satan, oh he came, and organized his own religion. Yeah when he knowns he shouldn't..."

Britney Spears- Oops I did It again (No way)

Oops I did it again

"I am a slut"

NSYNC- Dirty Pop (Ever hear of them? Didn't think so)

Dirty Pop

"I belong with Satan. I will stay with him. I will know the way."

Back Street Boys (Dont know this song, any BSB fans please let me know)

BSB

"They love Satan"

[edit on 103131p://666 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

[edit on 103131p://666 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
WOW

those sure are a lot of examples.

The clearest thing had to be the Nazi thing in the ACDC song.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The use of hypnosis software is described here:

www.keralanext.com...

"Since hypnosis is a state of mind characterized by an extreme concentration of attention, opening the mind to suggestions that may be planted directly into a person's thinking, HypnoSoft has reasoned that a specially worded hypnosis may enhance natural telepathic ability. "

Countermeasures against unethical group hypnosis are described here:
www.csj.org...

Adonsa

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Bump to a great thread

Liquid Out...

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Okay...some people here may or may not know this, but mind control has many many different techniques.

It's not just the silly "hypnosis" you see on TV with a guy on stage making someone bark like a dog, or cluck like a chicken when a phone rings. There are more subtle ways of controlling the mind. An example : Who knows the guy from Saturday Night Live, who is talking & adds funny words in the middle of his sentences that have nothing to do with what he's talking about? Or adds words that are totally contrary to the beliefs of what he's talking about?

That's another form on mind manipulation or mind control. He's doing it to be silly, but I think at the same time I think he's subtlely trying to make a point of what the politicians can do too.

Politicians, do another form of mind control too, that some people are oblivious to, although I'm not one of those naive people. It's called double-speak. They say one thing, leaving out small details that lead you to assume that they're heading in one direction, while in reality, they've left themselves open for "wiggle-room".

What's "wiggle-room" you ask? Well, that's one of those things, that let's people like former President Clinton say things like "I did not have sexual relations with that woman". Of course Clinton didn't "have sexual relations" with Monica Lewinsky...she was the one having it with him. See how it works? He denied any action on his part, when she was the one "smoking a cigar" (that's a nice way of saying she was giving him a b*^$ j@#...he wasn't doing anything, but receiving the sexual relations, I know I don't need to actually type those words out, you know what I'm talking about)

You might ask, how does this guy know this??? Well, the reason is, because I can hear, speak, & listen in double-speak. I was taught how to do it since age 6, & I do it every day.

Another way of mind control, is to get things in the newspaper, that will catch in the mass publics mind. I'm sure you all remember incidents like the Oklahoma City Bombing, or Sept 11th. Watch the headlines carefully the next time something like that happens. The headlines are designed with "catch phrases" that are meant to catch our attention, without actually making us think about it.

These are just a few things the Government does, on their own, & through manipulation of the media, since the media is basically owned & operated with the Governments direction.

I'll add as many more as I can think of, when I get more time to type them up on here.

Subtlety is one of the many weapons of the people in power over the ignorant masses of naive people who want to believe their Government is a benevolent entity.

[edit on 26-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
You might ask, how does this guy know this??? Well, the reason is, because I can hear, speak, & listen in double-speak. I was taught how to do it since age 6, & I do it every day.

Could you provide any further info on this? Was it presented to you specifically as 'Double-Speak'? Seems to me that a background in Logic and Fallacy is what you are speaking of....

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
MemoryShock, this was presented as Double-Speak to Me, by My step-father & he taught it to Me, so I could sort through the lies that the Government tells us.

My step-father was a Marine during Vietnam & never believed the baloney they told everyone else, but he served his country with honor & duty still, & made it out whole, both in body & mind.

The only way I can prove it to you, or anyone else, is to tell you when I see the lies, or hear them. This is something I learned & haven't found the opportunity to be able to turn around & teach it to other people often enough.

A good example of how this works, is in the Star Wars movie. You're probably asking WTF is He talking about...? In Star Wars??? Yes, in Star Wars. If you remember the scene, where Obi Won Kenobi & Luke Skywalker are stopped by Storm Troopers because they're looking for some droids?

Well, Obi Won Kenobi uses a subtle trick, related to Jedi Mind Tricks, when he suggests that "these are not the droids you're looking for". This is very similar to what I was pointing out earlier in My previous post here. See, the reason something like that works, is the "Storm Trooper" had a naive & open mind, open to suggestion, & Obi Won Kenobi used it as a weapon againt his enemy.

This, is politics as usual for the big-wigs on Capitol Hill & in the Oval Office.
It's part of the Art Of War, using a mental weapon against someone when a physical one will draw undue attention to yourself.

These are just the more subtle parts of mind control that I've been pointing out to you in here. The mass publics IQ, can be divided by the lowest IQ in the group & there you get the whole IQ of the Nation, & that's what the Government is counting on.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A link for books on the subject of Double Speak :

www.amazon.com... e=&field-keywords=double%20speak

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Here are some other forms of mind control.

Do you know what a "Control Mechanism" is...? I do.

A control mechanism, is where someone with power, tells you something that's only partially true, so they can "control" you through a form of manipulation.

I'll give you a simple example of one of the ones the Government & other agencies within it use to control the mass public. Everyone here has probably heard the horror stories of how the IRS will screw your butt to the wall, if you don't make an accurate filing with them, right?

Well, it's all smoke & mirrors folks. For the most part at least. The reason I say this, is because the IRS & other Government agencies know, that if you're audited by them, you're going to go whining & complaining how bad you were treated, or how horrible the man in the suit with the calculator was to your mother, etc.

Another words, their bark is worse than their bite. They typically pick out one or two people, & make an example of those people who either made a simple math error, or someone who was trying to screw over Uncle Sam, in order to scare the rest of the mass public into submission through a form of mind control, or control mechanism. It's called the "Intimidation Factor" & they're counting on you being scared to be audited to make you submit to them.

Here's the thing though, if you get a good CPA, thats Certified Public Accountant to those who don't know, & he's worth his weight in gold, you'll never be touched by the IRS. I've got one of those, & I pay him what he's worth. I get every penny Ira R Schister owes Me back every year.

This is just another form of mind control.

No, I am not saying to not file your taxes either. I am just saying get a good accountant, & make sure he knows what he's doing.

Something I have to do, is cover My behind, because the next thing I know someone will get into trouble because they took something I said out of context.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't believe anyone is lying. No one thinks of BSB, Britney, Nsync, or Christina Aguilera as "perfect" anymore. As far as NSYNC and Britney's backmasked, I'm not surprised. They should know better and should've had more control over their own images and morals at the time those songs were recorded considering the increases in Sexual activity, that was done by most of the tweens and teens at the time.

But Backstreet, though just as bad, have at least tried to improve the most over time. By having intervintions to deal with AJ's drinking and drug habits, and his eventual departure into rehab for 3 hard-sad months. Nick's family and police problems, Howie trying to become "THE NEW Donald Trump", and Kevin & Brian getting married and starting families.

But I do remember seeing the song which BSB is backmasked on it concert, on the Black and Blue tour. I thought he sung it strangely for a Backstreet Song. I could tell the back mask when he preformed it LIVE.

1, Nick was hanging out with Tommy Lee from Montely Crew, who has him now into "playing" with Oujia boards, and whatever santanic activies he's involved in possibly. 2, the producers and sound engineers wanting to "rigged" the CD for "Staying power" so they could get people who hate BSB or pop to buy the album for the back mask material. 3, Nick Carter's mindset, hanging out with people like Howie D(a Pretty Devolut Catholic) and Brian Littrell(a devolut Bapist Christan), and Kevin Richardson;his older cousion(a very openly outspokern Christian) and growing up with them for 12-13 years, could have to think of the world a certain way. Prehapes not against his fans, but sub consciencly stating the obvious.

I think it takes a couple of things to create a "good back mask" for sound engineers and producers. 1, a song which most fans won't notice it live, like a strong, ballad, anthem, or Dance song. Like "Oops! I Did It Again", "Stairway to Heaven", "Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely",etc.
2, By making the singer sang it a certian way, so that it isn't obvious, unless you've been a fan for so long, or have a fairly long attention span.
3, Unless the artist in question wants to do it. Since all the members of BSB listen to 80's heavy metal/Satanic metal music like KISS. Is the only other question.

I'm sorry, but that's all I can say for now. I'm stil in shock over it.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Okay, a few more versions of mind control.

Colors - Yes, you heard Me right, colors are another form of mind control.

Some colors represent different mind states to people. I learnt this from life experience & from watching The History of the CIA on the History Channel.

Back in the 60's, the CIA sponsored an experiment at Berkely College in California because of the LA Riots. They were curious as to why the riots got so violent & out of control, when there were Police all over the place.

For those of you who remember this like Me, it will be a flash to the past & both at the same time make some sense.

You can go here on one of the many websites available & read about the pyschology of colors :

www.colormatters.com...

The color red, was the only color of the Police Officers light on top of their cars, colloquially know by the term "Bubble Gum Lights", because it looks like a Bubble Gum Machine on top of their car. The color red, signifies a few things, specifically to stop, like at a red light, or more less known it symbolizes anger.

You might not think so, but if you remember, most people when they get mad see "red" or their face turns "red".

The CIA, through their sponsored Berkeley students figured this one out. The rioters fought harder than a usual crowd would, because not only were they being gassed, beaten, & harrassed by Cops, but they were seeing "red" quite literally everywhere.

The color blue, however, symbolizes sadness. Remember most of the sayings, "you look so blue today" or "you're looking blue in the face today"? Well, blue is a color of sadness. You feel sorry more for someone who's wearing certain shades of blue.

I'm only going to touch base on those two colors, & what else they represent & how they affect your mind. You can go do your own research about the affects of colors.

The CIA figured out, the combination of red & blue together, the modern Police Officers car topper that flashes at you, puts you in a mild hyponotic/depressed state & makes you more submissive to the Cop pulling you over.

Now, knowing this as I do, those colors have never affected Me like that.

By the way, one of the most famous, hated, & rich people in the World has been rumored to use colors, to manipulate people, to get his company bigger & richer & more popular.

Do you know who this man is....?

Bill Gates.

It's rumored, yes I know that's a rumor, but this is what I heard or read somewhere, is that Bill Gates, multi-billionaire, has in his house, a room where the lights are set up on remote control to turn to different colors to affect the outcome of what he wants when he has business guests over to his house.

If he wants the business client/guest to see that he's mad, he pushes the remote & it subtley changes the colors of the room (on white walls, of course) to red, if he wants them to be sad or misreable, he changes the colors to blue, if he wants them to lose self-confidence he changes the color to yellow & so on.

No wonder Bill Gates got all those people to put Windows on their computers when they probably didn't want to in the first place.

Bill Gates went to Berkely College, by the way, with Steve Jobs, creator of Apple Computers, the now more famous MacIntosh.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Is Mind control possible? Absolutely. All forms of training are forms of mind control--Be they simple repetitive actions that can be performed under the most adverse circumstances, to the most complex mental processes that can be invoked by subconscious triggers.

The overwhelming majority of "Mind control" is self-induced. I.e., we worked damn hard to get our minds to perform in certain preferential ways. A small minority of "Mind control" is caused by traumatic events in our lives that we have subconsciously suppressed. (This kind of mind control generally results in release of suppressed memories through nightmares, etc.). A still smaller minority of "Mind control" is through direct outside intervention--E.g., hypnotism, or the implantation of a device or devices into the brain that can be used to trigger certain reactions. The best example of this I can think of right now is the implantation of a tiny electrical stimulator near the pleasure center of a rat's brain that is triggered whenever the rat pushes a certain button, or lever. Invariably the rat will starve to death as it repititively pushes that particular button, or lever rather than push a nearby button, or lever that it has been taught will result in food & water. I'm sure I've neglected some other forms of direct outside "Mind control", but I think there is enough here to get the point across.

Short of "Mind control", which I have defined through the above as total control, are the forms of mind, or thought, influence to a lessor or greater degree, but which stop short of total control. When people talk of "Mind control' this is usually what they are talking about. Almost all the prior postings on this thread have been concerned with such influences--which can indeed be very powerful. Subliminal perception, repetitive phrases, suggestive pictures, etc. are examples of such. The advertising industry is a master of such techniques (except for subliminal perception which has been outlawed in this country). Recognize that almost all of the techniques used by advertisers are also used by ourselves, and others, in training situations. These techniques work, not by controlling our minds, but by getting us to accept that which is presented without conscious thought. The moment one thinks consciously about something being presented is the moment unconscious responses cease.

More later, I'm tired now.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Me and a friend were listening to Pink's Dark Side of the Moon, and with a mic we recorded the song, and played it backwards.

Within the first couple lines, in reverse it said "it's the end, it's the end"

I don't know exactly what part it was, but Im sure I heard it.

The song talks about how if people will do things, he'll see them on the dark side of the moon(like when pigs fly). So maybe it says "it's the end" because it's referring to the end of society, and that the world is falling apart. Many Pink Floyd songs have this view, like Brick in the Wall.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join