It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 US casualties in figth with syrian border guards!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
According to www.debka.com, there was some kind of a big figth between US marines and Syrian border guards thursday nov. 24.

Could this be the start of a wider conflict?

"DEBKAfile Exclusive: Syria claims US forces suffered 11 casualties in a Syrian-US clash Thursday night, Nov. 24 – without clarifying whether they meant dead or wounded

November 25, 2005, 5:14 PM (GMT+02:00)

Internal Syrian communications channels report Syrian “Desert Guards” border units fought US Marines who crossed into Syria at a point west of al Qaim. They also claimed 30 Syrian casualties.

DEBKAfile’s military sources report the battle took place at the Syrian-Iraqi border town of Abu Kemal. US forces were in hot pursuit of a group of al Qaeda operatives who fled across to Syria in escape an American attack pinning them down in Mosul. The US military delivered Syria an ultimatum to hand the terrorists over. The American pursuit continued Friday when Syria failed to respond."

Personally I think this only will give the Syrians even more of a motivation to support Iraqi resistance-figthers.

[edit on 26-11-2005 by mullah Gabri]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This topic is already being covered in ATSNN here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You may still post it here, of course, but I just thought I'd let you know, in case you wondered why you were getting no responses.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Personally I think this only will give the Syrians even more of a motivation to support Iraqi resistance-figthers.

[edit on 26-11-2005 by mullah Gabri]

It'll also give the US more excuses for invading Syria.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What, like they could support them any more? IT should do the exact opposite; cause them to consider how close to being messed up they really are.
The Arabs do not respond to weakness.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If true all I can say is that I’m disappointed in the Marines, only a 3 to 1 kill ratio? They should do much better. Seriously though, I highly doubt this is true as I have not seen this reported on the news yet.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Oh my. Could this report be anymore unreliable? An article written in an often inacurate website like Debka.com based on the alleged opinion of a corrupt, Islamofascist, terror-sponsoring dictatorship. Did Syrian border guards run over and cut the ears off of all the US soldiers that they killed in order to provide this "accurate" total of casualties? Give me a break.

There's no way in hell our troops would march into Syria without the overwhelming force needed to prevent these kinds of casualties. The title of this whole thread is wrong because it's written as though its a statement of fact, when it couldn't be further from the truth in reality. Then we have responses to this thread as though this article is the Gospel, without even questioning its legitimacy. Already the anti-war crowd is raising hell about us invading the friendly and happy-go-lucky nation of Syria based on rumor that comes from at least 2 notoriously unreliable sources, Syria and Debka.com. Give me a break guys! Shouldn't we be denying ignorance here? Or is that only when it suits our agenda?

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Even I, a card-carrying anti-Iraq War pinko commie, think the report is 100% bogus.

Debka just makes stuff up...

top topics

join