It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hot air balloon reaches limits of outer space!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
www.sky.com...

whoaaa....13 miles up in a hot air balloon.

This chap just set the new world record......no doubt Richard Branson will now try to beat it tand crash again...lol

I do admire such expensive lunacy!

Regards.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw it on TV... that doesn't lok like a balloon he's flying with, it's a goddamn hotel...

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The guy owns a high-end fabric and dressing line in India called "Raymond's"....he's always making his way into the news with his adventure feats ... like breaking the lap record testing a F-gp car, getting cought by the police for driving at 250 kmph in a merc, involving in hunting, drag racing, doing silly things wearing parachutes, and what not..

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Is this only a record for HOT AIR balloon, because I remember the military putting balloons over 100,000 feet and then having some dude parachute out at over 600 mph.

Train

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain
Is this only a record for HOT AIR balloon, because I remember the military putting balloons over 100,000 feet and then having some dude parachute out at over 600 mph.

Train

It was Colonel Joe Kittinger

On August 16, 1960, he set three world records: the highest parachute jump (102,800 feet), the longest parachute free fall (4 minutes 36 seconds), and the first person to exceed the speed of sound without an aircraft or space vehicle (714 mph during free fall)."

The only guy to go super sonic without a plane

hypertextbook.com...

new topics

top topics

join