It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF describes radar cross section of F/A-22 and F-35

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Kinda makes you think, if they let this stuff out, stuff that was once top secret, imagine what theyre working on now..

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yeah, but how do we know these are TRUE figures? It's not like they've never fudged figures a little bit before when it comes to performance of planes and ships.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yeah, thats true. But theres no reason to bluff. We're not in any danger from any other nation. Plus usually they keep exact figures quiet. Plus...I think they have planes like the bird of prey already in development to replace the F-35 and the F-22

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Kinda makes you think, if they let this stuff out, stuff that was once top secret, imagine what theyre working on now..

Imagine if they released the RCS of the Bird of Prey at that absurbly low 0.0000000008 or whatever, imagine how low they can actually go. Im pretty sure they have created an aircraft with 0 RCS. Im convinced that the USAF has AT LEAST 5-10 Top Secret planes all that are 20 years ahead of what we are currently aware of.

And not to rehash an old debate, but they still HAVE NOT released the official top speed of the SR-71.

Train

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
When I see a hypersonic military aircraft ill be impressed coughauroracough. I agree they probably have very secret aircraft. Imagine the buzz when they even hint at those.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
We aren't CURRENTLY threatened. Doesn't mean threats won't pop up somewhere down the road though. It just makes a lot more sense to keep things like RCS data close hold, and if you're gonna release something, make it bigger than it actually is.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
and if you're gonna release something, make it bigger than it actually is.

Maybe that's what they're doing?

And F-16, despite using the same engines as F-15, has a much smaller RCS? But its RCS is still bigger than that of B-1B?

Maybe they should use that F-35 engine inlet on F-16 Block 70.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'm convinced that the chart that was put up randomly pulled numbers out of a hat, or threw darts at a board to see what went where. I can't figure out how an F-15 has the highest RCS by far, let alone some of the others.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

the SR-71 wasnt really designed to be stealthy, it was designed to outrun any missle ever built, and thats what it did

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

the SR-71 wasnt really designed to be stealthy, it was designed to outrun any missle ever built, and thats what it did

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Accordingly, might want to hit this for comparisons?
Radar Cross Section

Anyone have access to this chart any more I'd like a chance to review it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join