It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

antipsychiatry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
script mt bold well first i want to say this thread is not meant to be a discussion on scientology, this is meant to ask the question who is conspiring against who in the on going war between psychiatry and antipsychiatry. if you define antipsychiatry as the movemet that wishes to abolish psychiatry all together, and psychiatry as a supposed medical profession, and if the main reason antipsychiatry holds this position is founded on 2 ideas, one , mental illness does not exist, and psychiatry is pseudoscience, and should be abolished based on things like forced electroshock therapy and forced medication, and forced hospitalization, and psychiatry holds on to the idea mentall illness is real and biological in origin, than who is the conspiracy, if there is one, coming from? i am a mental health patient who has gone through electroshock treatment, psychotropic drugs, and forced hospitalization. first of all as far as i can tell i am not brain damaged from est, i have no side effects from my medication for bipolar illness to speakof , that being said , i believe the antipsychiatry movement is waging a conspiracy, against mental health patients by trying to take away the rights of adults to decide for them selves what is or is not good medical care. i use the word conspiracy broadly, however it is accurate, the antipsychiatry movement is an odd collection of former patients, some psychiatrists, i.e., dr. thomas szasz, the myth of mentall illness author, libertarians, conservatives, liberals and other people and groups who would not normally be allies, by they are in their vandetta against psychiatry. gary g pelow [email protected] nov 26 2005 rochester ny

join