It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: China prepares to invade "inferior white race's" countries

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
As for expansionism? China doesn't need to expand either. It already has the buffer zones of North Korea and Tibet right on it's borders.

This is why the general wants to hit us with bio-terror. Kill people, not infrastructure? He says China is doomed to suffer from overpoulation unless they find a bigger back yard.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Earthscum it wouldn't even come to that, If china attacks the US with what this guy is proposing then even before one Chinese soldier can step foot on US soil china would no longer be habitable.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Errr, someone needs to check their facts.

Chi Haotian stopped being the Minister of Defence in 2003, Cao Gangchuan has since taken over. This is actually a very old news story and was why he got sacked back in 2003.

Independently verifying the authorship of the speech is not possible.

From the source itself, sorry guys and girls but I call bull on this one.
I really expected people to dig a bit deeper before posting on this forum, especailly on such an important topic.

I suggest you guys, go look at the Who's Who in China.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Earthscum it wouldn't even come to that, If china attacks the US with what this guy is proposing then even before one Chinese soldier can step foot on US soil china would no longer be habitable.

Aye, I know what you're saying... I was just posting what I said because there are so many people that think (because they don't live here, or ignore the "deviant" population, or whatever) that Americans, in the face of an invasion on U.S. soil, would just lube themselves up and bend over. We have a pride, and we would have homefield advantage. We have our resources at hand, not what we were shipped off with.

But I must argue that even in the event of a biological attack, we would still not lay down and die... alot of people actually own biological gear that may not totally save them, but could allow enough of the population tu survive to ward off an attack. It wouldn't be a total annhilation. As well, our weather patterns on this continent are unpredictable enough that winds could easily blow bio to less populated areas, etc.... not too probable, but the possibility is there.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I feel the same about this as the general consensus, that it's just silly really. I also believe that any country would think twice knowing that even American civilians are capable of this type of retaliation.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
A little more research makes this story harder to believe.

Chi Haotian does not appear to have been much of a hardliner, even while he was in office.

A couple excerpts from a speech the guy really did make, on Feb 4, 1998, China's National Defense Policy:

In the mid-eighties, China unilaterally reduced the military personnel by one million, bringing down the number of China's military forces to three million. Such a move is rare in today's world in terms of its scope and range and it stood in sharp contrast to the arms race pursued by the two major military blocs existing in the world at that time.

At the 15th CPC Congress in September 1997, President Jiang Zemin solemnly declared to the world: "China shall reduce the armed forces by another 500,000 in the next three years." This has fully reflected China's commitments to building a small but effective armed force with Chinese characteristics and it also represents another major contribution China has made to safeguarding world peace.

Fourth, China is committed to safeguarding world peace and promoting the progress of mankind. China does not pursue hegemony, invasion, or expansion; does not form military alliance with any other country; and does not garrison troops or build military bases abroad. We oppose arms race, and advocate effective disarmament and arms control in accordance with a principle that is fair, rational, comprehensive, and balanced.

China's defense building is not directed at any other countries nor will it pose any threat to them. China will never become a superpower and will never seek hegemony. Defending the national independence, sovereignty, unity and security, promoting the reform and opening-up and the development of the national economy, and safeguarding peace and stability in the neighboring region and the rest of the world constitute the core and substance of China's national defense policy.

Now I realize that what politicians say behind closed doors often does not reflect what they say publicly, but this just doesn't sound like the same guy.

I have been unable to find any credible source reporting this speech.
It smacks of a propaganda piece concotced by a religious cult that has been persecuted by the PRC, and nothing more.

EDIT: Actually after futher research, Chi Haotian does appear to be more of a hardliner than I thought, in fact he presided over the crackdown on the protesters in Tianamen Square. He does not, however, appear to have favored an expansioinist foreign policy at any point. The only people I have found claiming that he made this speech are Falun Gong and Hal Lindsay, neither of which I'd regard as particularly reliable sources.

[edit on 11/26/05 by xmotex]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Errr, someone needs to check their facts.

Chi Haotian stopped being the Minister of Defence in 2003, Cao Gangchuan has since taken over. This is actually a very old news story and was why he got sacked back in 2003.

Independently verifying the authorship of the speech is not possible.

From the source itself, sorry guys and girls but I call bull on this one.
I really expected people to dig a bit deeper before posting on this forum, especailly on such an important topic.

I suggest you guys, go look at the Who's Who in China.

True. But he is still vice-chairman of the Central Military Comission and a member of the State Council. Not as much influence as the Minister of Defense though. So this speech might still have some merit, possibly.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Actually, it shows what little power he had when he was able to be sacked for the statements he made in 2003.

President Hu Jintao, has only just began to take full control of China and he seems to know that he needs the West to keep control of the Chinese public as they have done for years. I am sure he is aware that a war would be bad, because he might be bombed and killed and most dictators wish to stay in power.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Here is a map of Asia . china has many options open nearby if this is a possibility of them wanting more property.

www.askasia.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Actually, it shows what little power he had when he was able to be sacked for the statements he made in 2003.

Where is any reference that says he actually made this speech, let alone got sacked for it? Everything I've read says he retired because he was 76, not because he supposedly made this speech.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I wonder what China will do if they lose their mostly middle-class customers? Who will buy all their cheap crap at Wally-Mart then? After Super-size me, I doubt people will buy their little kiddy voodo dolls from MC-dicks anymore.

Really though, companies are outsourcing and opening shop in places like China. Wasn't there recently this multi-billionare who sold all of his real-estate (Hotel's etc) in California and then bailed to China?

Imagine an American company moving to China to make cars and cut costs. They would need to sell them to mostly rich or middle income familes ouside China, as their own people are too poor to buy it - they do not have the market in China, or do they?

What if they have no intention of keeping us as customers; what if the plan is to kill all us and retain their dictatorship before their people wake up or have time to read boards like this one?

I have this idea that they are planning to invade America and possibly with some help from really pisssed off Arabs. (Not so much sure about the Arabs unless Mecca or the Mount Rock goes "poof", though)

Pleasant thoughts. So, any ideas for the future?

[edit on 26-11-2005 by markusjharper]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Seriously... you all need to read some Dale Brown and understand what's about to happen.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
Is there a reason no one has questioned the sources yet? I mean, am I the only one who finds them to be completely uncredible? No Chinese official, no matter how dumb, would say this stuff in public whether it was true or not. I've seen variations of such statements posted around in the past, and they were always fake.

They were always fake?

You would have to present evidence for that to be true.

Perhaps the book, "Unrestrictive Warfare," which was written in 1999 by two Chinese Generals and which was backed by the CCP is also a fake huh?

Are you claiming that statements made by the CCP such as they will attack US cities if we ever help Taiwan when China tries to invade the free country and such are all fake?....

You would really need to present evidence to support that, because all these statements have been made to the press by Chinese officials.

You claim no CHinese official would do this on public, but you are making the assumption that Chinese officials and the CCP care about world opinion.....

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
My fellow ATSers, this may sound ridiculous to the ears of those , who think it's racsit talk, but if you analyse it further it's a almost a clash of culture.. That's what it's a ll about. and no, history is just repeating itself, and that's what it is a cycle, the western white world can't hold on to power for eternity, neither can the asians or whoever hold on to power for eternity..... That's how great civilizations vanished, and diminished to nothingness, that's how tyhe world works, you either conquer or be conquered. Before it was Ancient Egypt, then Greece, Rome, France, Great Britain, Holland, what have you. America, all were empires, and as they rise up they fall.

China si preparing to take the throine of power, and there's nothing america, or the world can do a dman about it. It's in the cards, that's how the mark must play

Bless

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
(still no replies as to why Falun Gong is persecuted by the CCP?)

I already told you in another thread..!!!!

Because it is a cult . A cult as defined by dictionary.com

1. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.(Li Hongzhi)
2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.(yes)
3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.(not a disease but externaml life though reincarnation)
1. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.(yes their creator Li Hongzhi)
2. The object of such devotion.
6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.(in a way)

There is a falun gong temple about 1hour drive from where i live. Its the asian religion thing but its run 20hours a day!!!. What devotion

you'll find links to reports by intellectuals fleeing China who are saying that we should be very scared of the CCP bosses and their state of mind.

And can they i any way back up their claims?

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You would have to present evidence for that to be true.

The burden of proof lies on those that make the claim.
A couple of very iffy sources have claimed that this speech was made, presenting no evidence other than the assertion itself.

I could easily claim that Bush made a speech at the local Illuminati beer hall that said all Iraqi babies should be killed and ground up as cat food, and present it as if it were fact, claiming that only I had the secret leaked transcript. The burden of proof would be on me, the person making the claim, not the other way around.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
xmotex,

Wow that was nicely done

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

chinawhite said: I already told you in another thread..!!!!

Because it is a cult . A cult as defined by dictionary.com

1. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.(Li Hongzhi)
2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.(yes)
3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.(not a disease but externaml life though reincarnation)
1. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.(yes their creator Li Hongzhi)
2. The object of such devotion.
6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.(in a way)

You have found some of the dictionary definitions of the word, "cult" but this word has been obfuscated in many ways. Do you agree that the CCP is persecuting Falun Gong? Then if so, what part of the definitions above is particularly criminal or bad? None of these lukewarm descriptions describe what cults are, and what makes them truly bad, in my experience.

What does it mean to be a cult? I don't know much about Li Hongzhi but since you are informed, please share the details. Is he as bad as the rebel-Mormon guy who's got his own rebel Mormon church complete with apocalyptic worshippers? Hell, this Mormon offshoot cult owns two towns in the US which most people have never heard of. Religious craziness isn't dangerous to a nation in and of itself. The USA has lots of nutty cults like this but doesn't persecute them.

Wikipedia has a more modern explanation of how Americans define the word "cult":

en.wikipedia.org...

In English-speaking countries since about the 1960s, especially in North America, the term cult has taken on a pejorative and sometimes offensive connotation. This largely originated with highly publicized cults which purportedly exploited their members psychologically and financially, or which allegedly utilized group-based persuasion and conversion techniques. These techniques may include "brainwashing", "thought reform", "love bombing", and "mind control", whose scientific validity, modern and historical use, and effectiveness (for religious conversion) are discussed within the linked articles.

Please tell us more about Falun Gong since Wikipedia seems to describe some meditation positions and not much more. I don't see that the guy is ripping off his people, keeping them locked into slave-like religious practices, etc. Even if China said he was actually ripping off his followers, how can we believe them when they censor free-speech?

en.wikipedia.org...

Like other spiritual practices and religions, some of the teachings of Falun Gong contain supernatural elements that disconcert individuals who require only strict scientific evidence for their belief systems. For example, in some of his published lectures, Li Hongzhi states that gods and demons exist, humans have a "celestial eye", that Earth has been influenced by extraterrestrials [1], and that the remains of unknown prehistoric civilizations can still be found.

In Li Hongzhi’s book, Zhuan Falun, he writes he can personally heal disease. However, Li also states repeatedly that he is not here to heal disease. When interviewed by Time magazine in May 1999 [2], Li declined to name his own teachers or to delineate the actual provenance of Falun Gong, though earlier text versions (mysteriously discontinued since the persecution) are said to clarify the issue. Furthermore, in 2002, Li claimed that after spreading Falun Gong for ten years, humanity's predestinations had changed, including a "comet catastrophe" and "the third world war." [3]

Hongzhi claims to be some sort of a healer, and a prophet and is apparently a homophobe, but I don't see that this makes him evil. Well, not as evil as the CCP I mean.

There is a falun gong temple about 1hour drive from where i live. Its the asian religion thing but its run 20hours a day!!!. What devotion

Is this supposed to mean something? I don't know where you live. I have lots of cult temples around my home in the USA. So what? From an American perspective, Falun Gong looks like any other asian posture/meditative practice, and is not as compartmentally weird as say, Scientology.

Dismissing Epoch Times' articles simply because of the Falun Gong's silliness is lazy reconnaissance. With as little info as comes out of China, and with their outright censorship of their internet (Microsoft and Google are in on it to preserve Chinese class-slavery of course) , I'm enjoying reading their site. The burden of dis-proof, for me, lies with the Communists. I think the Chinese people are not concerned with Falun Gong at all, since they do not march in the streets about that issue, whereas they do march for their rights (and get shot).

One important aspect of a modern cult is that they have very effective, airtight structures that "disfellowship" or divorce members from the group when said member disagrees with the cult leaders (who do not have to be one single charismatic leader). This practice of shunning or kicking out members is described well by Stephen Hassan in his book "Combatting Cult Mind Control" which is considered a top work on the subject. He was a member of the moonies, but the aspects of cult life he describes are similar to what I know other American (tolerated and non-persecuted) cults are like:

1. Keep the member busy. (Do not let them think. No collective discourse unless it is controlled "study group" format)

2. Keep the member guilty. (Shame is the most powerful way to keep people in lock-step. This is why christian cults work great, even better than a guru rip-off artist)

3. Condition the members to expect defectors to then turn and attack. (This way, when a member is kicked out of the cult, the remain members are knitted more tightly together when that member tries to save other members inside the cult.)

...These three items would be the correct top three definitions of a cult in my mind. Your definition is childish and frighteningly unsophisticated. It is purposefully deceptive IMO.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
Do you agree that the CCP is persecuting Falun Gong? Then if so, what part of the definitions above is particularly criminal or bad?

Claiming that he can heal people through his exercises.(slow mediation). Pretty much tai chi combined with his teachings

This is the chinese governments claim that because of him thousands of Falun gong practioners have died when they stopped taking their medcine and instead have done these stances.

They were greatful enough to give him donations which he used to buy a expensive lifestyle.

I don't know much about Li Hongzhi but since you are informed, please share the details.

Aliens

Some of Mr Li's pronouncements are certainly unconventional, some would say just plain strange.

He believes aliens walk the Earth and he has reportedly said he can walk through walls and make himself invisible.

Mr Li says that he is a being from from a higher level who has come to help humankind from the destruction it could face as the result of rampant evil.

This is the strangist bit of the BBC article but you judge it by reading the whole thing
news.bbc.co.uk...

Please tell us more about Falun Gong since Wikipedia seems to describe some meditation positions and not much more.

Well. Falun gong is based on slow moving stances like tai chi combined with teachings of "master" Li Hongzhi.

There is not much danger in letting them meditate but having X number of chiense trying to walk through walls or finding the quickest way to reincarnate should have made a bimp on your morals radar seeing as how its so large

Is this supposed to mean something?

Im just telling you that i have been to a falun gong temple an have read their books before you start telling me what i should know

Dismissing Epoch Times' articles simply because of the Falun Gong's silliness is lazy reconnaissance. With as little info as comes out of China, and with their outright censorship of their internet

I simply dissmised it because it was biased not because i do not believe in falun gong

I think the Chinese people are not concerned with Falun Gong at all, since they do not march in the streets about that issue, whereas they do march for their rights (and get shot).

From your own beloved site. They state how much protest their area in china. I think there count was 10,000 a year?

How much people died in riots?

One important aspect of a modern cult is that they have very effective, airtight structures that "disfellowship" or divorce members from the group when said member disagrees with the cult leaders (who do not have to be one single charismatic leader).

You mean their policy to walk out anytime they want?

These three items would be the correct top three definitions of a cult in my mind. Your definition is childish and frighteningly unsophisticated. It is purposefully deceptive IMO.

Well your defination is how a cult should work not what is a cult

Here is my own definition
1) A group which decieves people finacally or emotionally.eg. promise of cure in order to gain money. Gives people false hope

2) Systematic education of the same ideals Using the same manual to educate

3) Purposely trying to kill peopleEg mass sucide, stop taking medicine

4)charismatic leader Someone which followers think as their god

It kind of sounds like the worlds religions

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

smallpeeps said:
One important aspect of a modern cult is that they have very effective, airtight structures that "disfellowship" or divorce members from the group when said member disagrees with the cult leaders (who do not have to be one single charismatic leader).

chinawhite said:
You mean their policy to walk out anytime they want?

I am not understanding your question. Who has such a policy? I am saying that "cults" when being defined as "dangerous" must meet some criteria. I liked your post, but I do not understand this paragraph.

chinawhite said:
Well your defination is how a cult should work not what is a cult

Here is my own definition
1) A group which decieves people finacally or emotionally.eg. promise of cure in order to gain money. Gives people false hope

Many people consider acupuncture and pressure points to be witch doctory and see such practicioners as giving false hope. What would a chinese doctor tell me to do if I was suffering an ailment? Would this chinese doctor similarly tell me that Falun Gong is nonsense? How am I to know, as a westerner? Isn't medicine often culturally connected to the idea of people's right to believe in stupid crap if they want. In the USA, for example, there are a bunch of business fronts called "reading rooms" which are the "cult-temples" of a life-altering religion which advocates avoiding doctors and all medicine. When these members get sick, they lie at home in bed and pray to get better. The USA has not seen fit to persecute these people. Why does China persecute their crazy religions?

2) Systematic education of the same ideals Using the same manual to educate

No, that's too broad. This is a poor definition because the CCP does this themselves through their own indoctrination of their youth.

3) Purposely trying to kill peopleEg mass sucide, stop taking medicine

Do you actually equate avoiding medicine with murder? Please expound on this point. Have FG caused mass suicide? I'd like to read more.

4)charismatic leader Someone which followers think as their god

No, this is also a poor definition because this is what the Mao-worship in the CCP is all about. The CCP is doing exactly this sort of cult-of-personality style worshipping with Mao portrait slapped evr'where.

It kind of sounds like the worlds religions

Interesting comment. Are you an atheist?

[EDIT]

Your link was interesting and I found this also on the BBC website:

The text of the Public Security Ministry "wanted circular" ordering the arrest of Falun Gong leader Li Hongzhi, as carried the official Chinese news agency Xinhua:

Wanted circular No. 1999-0102 of the PRC Public Security Ministry.

Public security departments and bureaus of various provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities directly under the central government:

- Li Hongzhi organised and made use of the "Falun Dafa Research Society" and the Falun Gong organisation under his control to spread superstition and fallacies to deceive people, resulting in the deaths of practitioners.

- He also organised and plotted gatherings, demonstrations, and other activities to disturb public order without applying for permission according to law, and is thus suspected of having committed the crime of disturbing public order.

The crime of disturbing public order?

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 26-11-2005 by smallpeeps]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join